Weekly Debrief

Battlefield franshise went the wrong direction since Battlefield 1

alucardgr
386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Few years ago when i wrote to this forum about how bad BF1 is compared to BF3 + BF4 everybody got mad.....when i told them that i will have the proof that bf4 will have more active players they got crazy. 
https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf4/population?days=30
https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/insights/population?days=30

EA blames marketing for bad sales and doesnt realise that the same game is the reason of bad sales
here some reason i wrote in the past includinf BFV

- Hardcore at launch.... or made 1mode same as BF2(no kill cams no health regenarate etc)
-.Hardcore mode same as BF4
-Create more gadgets and guns like in bf4 for the game(in 1 day i can suggest you a ton of them even in ww2 era.... believe me)
-Make squad bigger and not smaller....who the hell had the idea of 4 squad members??
- Battlelog for PC players
-You must be able to explore on empty CQ map
- You must bring back the old class system FOR SURE... revives only by medic-be able to have you favourite class while in a vehicle.....NO VEHICLE classes etc ....make it simple as always was in epic previous games BF2+BF3+BC2+BF4 etc etc
- Bring back the old chat
-.Death scene was(waiting for so long) the most annoying thing ever added in bf
- rrepairing vehicles from inside is awful
-Spawn system (spawning on map) is awful (must bring back the old style)
- assigment now are really annoying(was made automatically on previous games)
-Upgdrade system look REALLY BAD....BF4s system(attachments) was better(best)
-Q chat since bf1 is annoying. On ALL other bf game was faster(1click needed and with letters)
-Fancy Interface is really bad with big icons(filters for servers have sub filters etc) who the hell did that? (probably the guy that made the new look of ORIGIN
-Dedicated servers must come back(for sure)
-Side walking and infantry movements must be slow down(its more like battlefront now)
-Number of tanks and vehicles per round must be increased
-Vehicles must be more fun and with less realism
- You must be able to change team at the begining of a round

Is too late for bfv to be saved but Its not too late to save the franchise....the only game im playing after work is Battlefield and i feel that i will stick to bf4 for ever
From bf1942 to BF4 all games had a similar feeling....since BF hardline the franchise going downhill

Comments

• disposalist
    8606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Repeating the post doesn't make it less wrong.
  • Ronin9572
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BF1 imho is the best of the series. It was new, fresh take on the FPS genre. Sure it's not without its problems and issues, but what game doesn't? I was way late to BF3 but really liked it! I wanted to love BF4, but an absolute bug/glitch ridden launch and for many months after totally turned me away from it. Still won't go back and play it! I'm just tired of modern/futuristic shooters to say the least. I was excited to hear about BFV, but the reveal and betas totally made my mind up on that! You do realize Battlefront and Battlefield share ALOT now! That's why we have 4 person squads, stat tracker and private servers are gone, movement is arcadey so are the weapons and vehicles. EA cares less about their customers especially ones who are older. It's all about swinging the younger players from other games to BF. Can't please everyone all the time, and their games are showing it. Nothing against ppl who love BF4, but I'd rather play BF1, BF3, or BC2
  • -Antares65z
    1646 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 6
    Ronin9572 said:
    BF1 imho is the best of the series. It was new, fresh take on the FPS genre.........Nothing against ppl who love BF4, but I'd rather play BF1, BF3, or BC2
    I've been giving BF1 a break and have returned to BC2. That game is as fun today as it was in 2010. Unfortunately there aren't a lot of active servers in the U.S. and cheating is as much a problem there as in BF1 and BF5.  Like you, BF4 just didn't do it for me. The bugs, netcode and TTK was too much to overcome. Though the map variety and Levolution was fun! Lots of interesting maps in that game. 
  • Ronin9572
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    (Quote)
    I've been giving BF1 a break and have returned to BC2. That game is as fun today as it was in 2010. Unfortunately there aren't a lot of active servers in the U.S. and cheating is as much a problem there as in BF1 and BF5.  Like you, BF4 just didn't do it for me. The bugs, netcode and TTK was too much to overcome. Though the map variety and Levolution was fun! Lots of interesting maps in that game. 

BC2 Server selection was definitely an issue. I'm on PS4, so it wasn't the cheaters but the hardcore vets who have probably played every day all these years. But it was still fun! Levolution was awesome, and watching ppl stream and YT videos the map variety was awesome. Think to this day I'm still sour on the whole BF4 launch!