Weekly Debrief

Since Battlefield 1 the the series went the wrong direction. Battlefield 3+4 was the last TRUE bf

alucardgr
386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Few years ago when i wrote to this forum about how bad BF1 is compared to BF3 + BF4 everybody got mad.....when i told them that i will have the proof that bf4 will have more active players they got crazy. 
https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf4/population?days=30
https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/insights/population?days=30

EA blames marketing for bad sales and doesnt realise that the same game is the reason of bad sales
here some reason i wrote in the past includinf BFV

- Hardcore at launch.... or made 1mode same as BF2(no kill cams no health regenarate etc)
-.Hardcore mode same as BF4
-Create more gadgets and guns like in bf4 for the game(in 1 day i can suggest you a ton of them even in ww2 era.... believe me)
-Make squad bigger and not smaller....who the hell had the idea of 4 squad members??
- Battlelog for PC players
-You must be able to explore on empty CQ map
- You must bring back the old class system FOR SURE... revives only by medic-be able to have you favourite class while in a vehicle.....NO VEHICLE classes etc ....make it simple as always was in epic previous games BF2+BF3+BC2+BF4 etc etc
- Bring back the old chat
-.Death scene was(waiting for so long) the most annoying thing ever added in bf
- rrepairing vehicles from inside is awful
-Spawn system (spawning on map) is awful (must bring back the old style)
- assigment now are really annoying(was made automatically on previous games)
-Upgdrade system look REALLY BAD....BF4s system(attachments) was better(best)
-Q chat since bf1 is annoying. On ALL other bf game was faster(1click needed and with letters)
-Fancy Interface is really bad with big icons(filters for servers have sub filters etc) who the hell did that? (probably the guy that made the new look of ORIGIN
-Dedicated servers must come back(for sure)
-Side walking and infantry movements must be slow down(its more like battlefront now)
-Number of tanks and vehicles per round must be increased
-Vehicles must be more fun and with less realism
- You must be able to change team at the begining of a round

Is too late for bfv to be saved but Its not too late to save the franchise....the only game im playing after work is Battlefield and i feel that i will stick to bf4 for ever
From bf1942 to BF4 all games had a similar feeling....since BF hardline the franchise going downhill

Comments

• disposalist
    8606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited October 4
    Whilst some aspects of 3 and 4 were better like the UI/battlelog, BF1 was the best iteration of the franchise. The best compromise of fun and challenge. The most fun for casuals, yet the skilled still shine.

No offense, but your first thought is for hardcore.  That makes you a niche Battlefield player straight away.

I would love to see a decent server system in BF1 so hardcore servers could be well defined and run, but that doesn't mean the core game isn't awesome.

I love BF1, but BF5 I am really disappointed in.  People somehow putting BF1 and BF5 together really confuses me.  They are nothing alike and you appear to conflate the two in your comments.

As for "proof that bf4 will have more active players" those figures show BF1 still has more players.  Even though BF1 doesn't have a decent private server system like BF4 does.  Also, BF4 would be doing *much* worse if BF5 was good, because BF5 is much more like BF4 than BF1 when it comes to fundamental things like gunplay/TTK.
  • boutneus
    2464 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 4
    Blaming bf1 for the trash pile that is bfv, lol funny guy. So should we blame bf4 for hardline then? Rofl
  • Ronin9572
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    boutneus wrote: »
    Blaming bf1 for the trash pile that is bfv, lol funny guy. So should we blame bf4 for hardline then? Rofl

Exactly, IDK what ppl think sometimes! Lol
  • TheGM86
    763 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That historical revisionism that says BF4 wasn't absolute trash is hilarious.
  • Mikex2112
    1016 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The last true BF game was 2142....BFBC2 is when the franchise went downhill and downhill fast.
    BF1,BF3,BF4,BF1 and BFV are subpar at best
  • Titan_Awaken
    728 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 13
    Mikex2112 said:
    The last true BF game was 2142....BFBC2 is when the franchise went downhill and downhill fast.
    BF1,BF3,BF4,BF1 and BFV are subpar at best
    Yet your profile shows that you have purchased and own all these "subpar" Battlefield games you have listed with the exception of BFV. 

I mean unless if you're either stinkin' rich or prone to compulsive spending, I don't see why you would continually purchase these "subpar" games year after year, iteration after iteration. Ehhh, just a tiny little bit ironic wouldn't you agree?

Unless you have a thing for playing subpar games...
  • azelenkin0306
    560 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Maybe BF3 and BF4 were good games, but in terms of the atmosphere of war they are nowhere near BF1.

Operations in BF1 was a great mode that truly captured the feeling of being part of the army. Sound, screams, explosions, charges, gas - all that created the immersion, the real immersion and not that crap they were talking about during BFV reveal.

Just imagine how awesome the Battlefield V could have been if we had the famous WW2 battles in BF1 Operations format. This game could have easily beaten the BF1 in sales and become the best Battlefield.

But we have what we have now and next Battlefield will have a Modern setting and fights for some random barns in Custovia/Urkistan/whatever.
  • FishySplat
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You're just throwing opinions around.
    I loved BF2 of course, played it many years;
    My next fav in the series is BF1.
    BF3 & 4 cater to the casual crowds a LOT more, and I don't like the look of BF4 the slightest bit being that its TTK and remaining map servers are chaos.
    BF1 requires more skill and patience from the casual player than those in BF4.
    Your opinion is such and such; my opinion is BF1 is a far better game than 3 and 4. It definitely gives a feel for war a lot more, and has a much, much higher skill ceiling in some aspects.
  • SteelHooves_MLP
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I played BFV at the free weekends...  It feels and plays like BF4, with reused BF1 elements... The Volkssturmgewehr for the Assault is apparently good for half a mile when you aim it down, makes me wonder why Germans ever bothered developing the StG, should have just gone the cheap route from the beginning... Medic comes with a Sten... which is better for CQC than the Volkssturm SMG and for some reason it looks absolutely giant in-game, also it's the sodding STENGUN, when in the history of Battlefield did Medic by default come with a cheap, mass produced subgun? No customisation for sidearms, maybe that's because of the Trial version of the game I am not sure. "Elites" are ridiculous stereotypes pulled right from R6S, all we are missing is a Russian with a vodka, oh yeah, because there is no Eastern front or in fact anything Soviet in the game cause you know, we wanted to be different... Still no new melee animations! Every single new BF installment meant brand new melee combat animations, not anymore apparently, somehow those also feel worse, Idk how you botch a copypaste job but there we are. What I liked about BFV: a guy in a tank with a field gun attached at the back brought and dropped it off at a good firing position and I was able to get a few good shots at the enemy. Ummm....

I just boggles my mind thinking that you can go from the masterpiece that is BF1 to that. Don't try and tell me that the same people people that made BF1 also made BFV, because I won't believe you. 

• Ronin9572
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I played BFV at the free weekends...  It feels and plays like BF4, with reused BF1 elements... The Volkssturmgewehr for the Assault is apparently good for half a mile when you aim it down, makes me wonder why Germans ever bothered developing the StG, should have just gone the cheap route from the beginning... Medic comes with a Sten... which is better for CQC than the Volkssturm SMG and for some reason it looks absolutely giant in-game, also it's the sodding STENGUN, when in the history of Battlefield did Medic by default come with a cheap, mass produced subgun? No customisation for sidearms, maybe that's because of the Trial version of the game I am not sure. "Elites" are ridiculous stereotypes pulled right from R6S, all we are missing is a Russian with a vodka, oh yeah, because there is no Eastern front or in fact anything Soviet in the game cause you know, we wanted to be different... Still no new melee animations! Every single new BF installment meant brand new melee combat animations, not anymore apparently, somehow those also feel worse, Idk how you botch a copypaste job but there we are. What I liked about BFV: a guy in a tank with a field gun attached at the back brought and dropped it off at a good firing position and I was able to get a few good shots at the enemy. Ummm....

I just boggles my mind thinking that you can go from the masterpiece that is BF1 to that. Don't try and tell me that the same people people that made BF1 also made BFV, because I won't believe you. 

Totally agree with what you've said! They say it's the same studio, but did they replace most the ppl that worked on BF1? I was so excited to hear BFV was going to be a WW2 theme! Than the reveal and I just shook my head in total disbelief. I've been waiting like 10+ years for a decent WW2 game, and they give us the hot mess that we know as BFV. I even tried the betas and it just made it worse. I still play BF1 several times a week. But I won't put one penny towards BFV!