Reinstall of BFV Needed if you Upgrade Win10 & Video Card?

SneakyGunman
384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited October 2019
Hello,

I need your help.
I now have upgraded my video card and win10 and wanted to know if I need to uninstall then reinstall BFV again? 
I use to play the game with the old video card and didn't know how to make BFV recognize the new video card other then uninstall-reinstall process.
As I am noticing some stuttering that I didn't have before among other issues. 

Wow, this thread explains exactly what is happening every since I upgraded my GPU.

Comments

• NamelessForNow
    1471 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Did you ddu your old video driver?
  • SneakyGunman
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I use AMDCleanupUtility before installing the new card

• SneakyGunman
    Can anyone advise me if I need to reinstall BFV with a win10 update and new video card?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14277 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Just use DDU to uninstall the drivers and select the option for "clean & shutdown installing graphics card"

You dont need to reinstall bfv at all.

Just DDU the drivers,  install new GPU and then install the new drivers.

• g0merpile
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can tell you for a fact that windows update damages windows files, specially if using TPM. I did a reinstall of windows, my windows was damaged, even using  sfc /scanow showed nothing wrong. I am shocked at how well bf5 runs now. I did not have any issues with bf5 until the last windows update.