Weekly Debrief

CTD's started again

gailjon
68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Tried to play a few games today and CTD's started again. I genuinely can't understand why I keep playing this rubbish game.
Every change sees people having performance issues, cheating is rife and yet I keep coming back. 
Will someone please create a challenger to these lazy developers!

Comments

• gailjon
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Non stop CTD's today. I wonder which developer moved his chair at work to cause this.
  • Lou00007
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    try to connect another monitor making it primary in windows>
    then disable full screenmode in game when it runs and make it borderless 
    so u can play on ur default screen if you like
    tell the unicorns fixs that ffs
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13064 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Uninstall the latest windows update.

One was released yesterday and it is causing issues.
  • heffmeister
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Are you as a moderator of a BFV forum telling people they should uninstall windows patches?? Some of those are actually security updates and other useful stuff. Seems a bit... dangerous. Maybe poke DICE and have them fix the bugs instead? 
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13064 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

Are you as a moderator of a BFV forum telling people they should uninstall windows patches?? Some of those are actually security updates and other useful stuff. Seems a bit... dangerous. Maybe poke DICE and have them fix the bugs instead? 
    Just passing on what I've seen others reporting.

Nobody's saying to remove the update indefinitely,  Just as a way of mitigating an issue where an update caused issues with BFV.

There are other methods available to mitigating some FPS fluctuations,  And those do rely on messing with more advanced security settings within windows.
  • serpico074
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 10
    gailjon said:
    Tried to play a few games today and CTD's started again. I genuinely can't understand why I keep playing this rubbish game.
    Every change sees people having performance issues, cheating is rife and yet I keep coming back. 
    if you have an nVidia GPU, you should install this driver version, GeForce Hotfix Driver 436.51.
    Good luck.

P.S. Use DDU to uninstall the driver.
  • Lou00007
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    gailjon said:
    if you have an nVidia GPU, you should install this driver version, GeForce Hotfix Driver 436.51.
    Good luck.

P.S. Use DDU to uninstall the driver.

oh F 
    why daf they don't push it to update ffs
  • duendemago
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Just passing on what I've seen others reporting.

Nobody's saying to remove the update indefinitely,  Just as a way of mitigating an issue where an update caused issues with BFV.

There are other methods available to mitigating some FPS fluctuations,  And those do rely on messing with more advanced security settings within windows.
    Dear moderator, the truth is: this game is poorly optimized and Dice has been silent about this mayor issue, maybe because the game has a very low player count and they can't afford having a scandal again. But also there is another truth: people love BF series and are a faithfull community that has been very pacient with every BF launch: a year of tolerance for making a game playable seems polite and pacient enough from our side don't you think? Keep it real guys, they are not telling us the whole story. 
  • gailjon
    Thanks for all the replies. I will try the hotfix driver and see what happens.
  • gailjon
    No luck, still have around 5 seconds after match start and then CTD.
  • Bolly_GB
    62 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I installed the Windows 10 October update (released on Tuesday) and my FPS performance reduced a fair bit, I was having really bad graphics lag and had a CTD. Event Viewer showed that the nVidia driver (latest hotfix) stopped responding.

Windows doesn't let you uninstall the October cumulative update, so I did a System Restore back to the restore point that was automatically created before the October update installed - after that my performance was perfect again.
  • HydroExcursion
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    same here.
    some maps just random freeze & crash to desktop no error.
  • gailjon
    Seems to have cleared now. FPS back up and CTD's stopped.
  • CSO7777
    1194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I get a CTD the first time I launch the game (getting display driver stopped working in the eventlog). After the CTD, I can launch the game and it plays fine.

Running a fully patched Windows 10 1903 and using NVidia 436.51 driver.
  • Elajits
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Every First attempt of starting and loading a map gives me freezes during the loading screen and my CPU Hit 100% on all cores! and after some time in the game it gives me CTD!
    I am using RTX 2080 TI Windows 10 x64  Ver -1903, whit the latest Hotfix Driver 436.51 from Nvidia! this game was playing nice the first week after release! now its crashing freezing its so disturbing it totaly destroys the feeling of the game!..
  • OverShift
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i hope they address this issue soon. Its unplayable when ctd every 5 minutes. I have a 1080ti.  just started doing this the last week or so.
  • Kompura
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Elajits said:
    Every First attempt of starting and loading a map gives me freezes during the loading screen and my CPU Hit 100% on all cores! and after some time in the game it gives me CTD!
    I am using RTX 2080 TI Windows 10 x64  Ver -1903, whit the latest Hotfix Driver 436.51 from Nvidia! this game was playing nice the first week after release! now its crashing freezing its so disturbing it totaly destroys the feeling of the game!..
    I had that same issue still about week ago. CPU jumped to 100% when loading and stayed there couple of seconds. Huge stuttering on that time. Then it suddenly got fixed and I don't have a clue why. It might be uninstalling and installing gpu driver multiple times or windows update or lowering GPU overclock a little bit. My rig 8700K(5GHz), 2080 Ti, 32GB RAM (4000MHz), win 10 1903, driver 436.48, DX12, no FFR, no DXR.
  • serpico074
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 15
    I think the problem is on the server side, I found high latency peaks and at that moment the game sometimes crashes.
    I hope it is solved.
  • Elajits
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yea i also think its that causing the issue!.
    or it can be Nvidia, they have released some crappy drivers in a row, follow up whit hot fixes!

a another question!.. is this game use more CPU that it was using at release?

I think the problem is on the server side, I found high latency peaks and at that moment the game sometimes crashes.
    I hope it is solved.