Weekly BF

Crashing on quit to desktop

CountRaskolnikov
3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Posting this under PC Community and Technical issues

Sometime starting about a week or two ago I've been having strange crashes. Never in-game or anything like that, but only when I quit to desktop. The game crashes--specifically, I can hear audio skipping and my monitor flickers and says "NO SERVICE". This only happens when I quit the game to desktop. And it's not only BFV, but it happens with BF1 as well. And it ONLY happens with these two games, from what I can tell. All my Steam games don't have this issue. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Origin, uninstalling and reinstalling the games, repairing the games through origin, and uninstalling and reinstalling my graphics drivers. None of this has worked. Does anyone have any suggestions?

My specs: 

Processor
AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Processor

Video Card
Radeon RX 580 Series

RAM
16 GB

Operating System
Windows 10

Comments

• OskooI_007
    860 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 16
    Does BFV lockup and you have to close it using task manager or does the computer reboot?

You're probably going to need to post some error codes from Windows event viewer or analyze the crash dump file in 'Documents\Battlefield V\crash_dumps'.

Post edited by OskooI_007 on
  • SoloWing_Pixy_AC
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i ahve this exact same problem everytime i exit BF1 or BFV it reboots my PC instead of taking me to desktop since around a week ago
  • STOPchris
    569 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Look at your reliability report and see what it says for BF 5. 
  • machetex69
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is been also happening to me, with My system Ryzen 1600 with Rx 580 and 3200 16 GB memory.. only with this game.. frustrating
  • STOPchris
    569 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Does BFV lockup and you have to close it using task manager or does the computer reboot?

You're probably going to need to post some error codes from Windows event viewer or analyze the crash dump file in 'Documents\Battlefield V\crash_dumps'.

Yeah, you can usually track it down by looking at the mini dumps. You can install WinDbg from the Windows store and you can analyze the dump file. My guess is that it will point to your CPU or GPU. More than likely you have something with an unstable overclock. I know, I know, but it is stable in everything else... Yeah, because it crashes this game, it is no longer stable. Sorry.