Weekly BF

Stuttering at the beginning of the round

L4re111
10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited October 16
For some reason I get very bad stutter after joining the game. FPS doesn't really exceed 40 and I get massive FPS drops. After 10 seconds of waiting framerate climbs up to 100-140 where it should be at ultra settings but I still get some minor hiccups for a while but eventually they also disappear and game runs smooth. DX12 is unplayable and DX11 works much better but stutter is still there.

Any ideas? I haven't played for a while so maybe some recent update broke the game. I deleted the game and installed it on a fast NVME SSD but it didn't really help at all. Temperatures are fine, I don't have similar issues with other games and both CPU and GPU usage are low during FPS drops.

i5 9600K 4.9Ghz
16GB DDR4 3400Mhz
Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 8GB 1850Mhz/915Mhz

Comments

• TFBisquit
    1703 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It takes a couple of rounds for the cache files to settle.
  • SneakyGunman
    378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    A lot of stutter issues in BFV and other games were fixed by one of 2 things I noticed in other forums/threads for the 5700 series card
    1. Use 2 separate PCIe cables.  Not 2 pcie connectors on one PCIe cable.
    2. Use a higher rates power supply, not just what AMD recommend.  In combination with 1.

• bass-junkie-xl
    532 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i get up to 90 % cpu usage on my 8700k  @ 5.1 ghz on some maps  starting of the round i get small tiny micro stutters barly noticable i am on 970 evo drives though and ddr4 4000 mhz 
  • Jinko_itx
    731 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 18
    yea DX 12 freezes a couple of time in the beginning of the map and there's nothing that can fix that (edit: unless you switch DX 12 off making it DX 11), now I have found out about the microstuttering that happens and to get rid of that just turn ON the GPU restricted memory in the game settings
  • Crashpilot1001
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am just wondering why SW BF2 is prebuffering the shaders (in DX11 and DX12) and it works without stutter. Same engine... hmm... maybe it is some special effects in BF5 that makes that impossible - like sandstorms etc?
  • bass-junkie-xl
    532 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    try shader cache in nvidia panel off  ? 
  • SneakyGunman
    378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 23
    i get up to 90 % cpu usage on my 8700k  @ 5.1 ghz on some maps  starting of the round i get small tiny micro stutters barly noticable i am on 970 evo drives though and ddr4 4000 mhz 

I've found that adjusting overclock voltage settings (needed to increase vccio, etc by 0.02000) helped stop the stuttering, etc.
    Oddity I know.  But it helped improve i/o processes were the end of round would freeze as it loaded.