Weekly Debrief

Is there a way to tell if someone is spectating?

STOPchris
567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
I was spectating and did not say anything in the chat and someone asked why I was spectating... I didn't know there is a way to see spectators. How can you see spectators in this game?

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    13292 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    You don't get a notification if you're being spectated..

The first and only time a person will legitimately be aware that there is a spectator in the game,  Is if the spectator types something.

If you did NOT type a thing in chat at all and the player reacts and questions why you're spectating him,  He's using a cheat of sorts with a spectator warning.
  • STOPchris
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    LOL, I pretty much figured. I didn't say anything at all. Of course, they started calling me names. Typical for this game. Why don't they ban people for both abuse and cheating? This is getting pretty bad. I have reported people for verbal abuse and nothing happens. Matter fact, they call you names that most companies would be all over stopping (the "n" word being one example).
  • Nutcrusherr
    282 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Private games cant come soon enough..
  • xHonest_Abe
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Only hackers or glitches would worry about Spectator :D. Type something on chat and it will appear a gray color. I have seen in the past a couple of suspected hacks leave when they saw this appear on the screen. But many don't care.
  • Jinko_itx
    739 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    certain cheats can detect someone spectating them, thats why its harder to catch someone cheating by spectating these days
  • STOPchris
    Jinko_itx said:
    certain cheats can detect someone spectating them, thats why its harder to catch someone cheating by spectating these days
    The situation is just bad anymore. This and all the micro-transactions and the direction AAA publishers are taking games, make me want to just put down gaming altogether. The industry is getting worse with AAA publishers. The only thing saving gaming for me, are the non-AAA publishers at this point. I played through Remnant and Code Vein and had a lot of fun, while not being pushed to buy micro-transactions or roll the in-game slot machine.
  • NamelessForNow
    1443 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have no problem with micro-transactions as long as it's not pay to win.
  • XChodeOfDestinyX
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    A lot of cheats have the function of letting the scumbag cheat know they are being watched. I caught 3 cheaters back in bf4 due to them asking me why i was spectating them lol. And i never typed a word in chat i was watching them. Admins banned them from the server after seeing that happen :)
  • STOPchris
    A lot of cheats have the function of letting the scumbag cheat know they are being watched. I caught 3 cheaters back in bf4 due to them asking me why i was spectating them lol. And i never typed a word in chat i was watching them. Admins banned them from the server after seeing that happen :)
    Alright, I'll contact the server admin... Wait, that is EA and they aren't going to do anything!
  • g0merpile
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 21

The first and only time a person will legitimately be aware that there is a spectator in the game,  Is if the spectator types something.

If you did NOT type a thing in chat at all and the player reacts and questions why you're spectating him,  He's using a cheat of sorts with a spectator warning.

I noticed there is a way, look at the squads, the icon will look different for a player and no points, his icon in the squad panel will be like bla color. I notice this yesterday. There was a player that was not playing but was in the squad. The player Icon was like a 2 line icon like a pause button or a power on button that looks gray.
  • DigitalHype
    779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    g0merpile said:

I noticed there is a way, look at the squads, the icon will look different for a player and no points, his icon in the squad panel will be like bla color. I notice this yesterday. There was a player that was not playing but was in the squad. The player Icon was like a 2 line icon like a pause button or a power on button that looks gray.
    That isn't a spectator. Spectators do not show on the scoreboard or squads at all. Its just another notify-on-spectate cheater if they call you on it.
  • g0merpile
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 22
    g0merpile said:

That isn't a spectator. Spectators do not show on the scoreboard or squads at all. Its just another notify-on-spectate cheater if they call you on it.

THANKS FOR THE INFO EA has to do something, tonight the problem is horrible.I cannot believe they have let this go for over a year.
  • STOPchris
    g0merpile said:
    g0merpile said:

THANKS FOR THE INFO EA has to do something, tonight the problem is horrible.I cannot believe they have let this go for over a year.
    EA will NOT do anything. Don't get your hopes up. They will spit out another game for you to buy. Matter fact, this game lost features from the last game, but gained little.
  • Carbonic
    1478 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Closing thread as the original question seem to have been answered. General discussion about cheating should take place in: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/194396/megathread-bfv-and-cheating-discussion/p1
This discussion has been closed.