Weekly Debrief

PC Reboots on exit

SoloWing_Pixy_AC
9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
good day people, recently (around a week ago) BF1 and BFV started to reboot my PC everytime i tried to exit the game, game itself works normal and i can alt+tab without problems temps on everything are also in normal ranges but the moment i press exit on the game main menu it reboots my PC has anyone here got any idea of where to find a solution or what could be causing this problem?  so far this are the only 2 games this happens as i tried BF3, BF4, Kingdom come delivarence, Squad and GTA V aside for some stress test with intelburn and 3dmark were nothing out of the ordinary happened my specs are the following

CPU: i7-4790
GPU: AMD RX470 4GB sapphire nitro
RAM: 8x2 HyperX 1833mhz
HDD: WD 1TB 7200RPM
MB: MSI H81M-E33
WIN: 10 Enterprise 1903
needless to say but all drivers are up to date

Comments

• Jinko_itx
    739 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    you still may be overheating its just that your cpu is prolly throttled down so it seems like the temp is low but in actuality, your cpu is on the brink of shutting down, resit your heatsink, what cooler do you use?
  • SoloWing_Pixy_AC
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    it's just the stock cooler (the large one not the small one) i also cleaned up all the PC last month so there shouldnt be much dust inside
  • Jinko_itx
    739 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    it's just the stock cooler (the large one not the small one) i also cleaned up all the PC last month so there shouldnt be much dust inside
    get some new thermal paste and rest your heatsink, do you have enough exhaust fans in your rig?
  • SoloWing_Pixy_AC
    dont think thats the problem, this termal paste i have been using for over 10 years without problem, i also have 3 80mm (2 of them in the front pulling air inside and the last one at the back throwing it out) and 1  140mm fan (at the top throwing air in as well) on the rig 
  • Shrapnel-69
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Download HWMoniter here link https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html run it while playing bfv for about 30 mins and check the CPU Temps it records max and min it wont cause lag or anything as it just moniters i use when i have problems....hope it helps.

• SoloWing_Pixy_AC
    thats what i used to see temps before i posted this, temps were normal on both gpu and cpu, (around 74 for gpu and 62 for cpu)