Bad performance

Heathcliff19
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
So I need a little help here. For the last few days I’ve been trying to get into BFV but I get consistently low frames on a pretty good setup. I’m currently running 2x EVGA 1080s 8GB cards in SLI with a AMD Ryzen 7 1700 with 16GBs of Corsair vengeance ram. Are there currently any fixes for this?

Comments

• OskooI_007
    905 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is your ram running in dual channel mode? You can check using a program called CPU-Z.

Perhaps take a screenshot of the 'Memory' tab in CPU-Z and post it here.
  • g0merpile
    686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 18
    Sounds like windows updates.
    uninstall https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4517389 and any prior to oct. I have perm disabled windows 10 update. Thanks MS for nothing but destroying peoples gaming.

• YourLocalPlumber
    3105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Try running on a single 1080. SLI is hit or miss on this game.
  • Heathcliff19
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I’ll try all of these and post a screencap of CPU-Z as soon as I get back home. Thanks guys.
  • Jinko_itx
    743 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 20
    a Ryzen 1700 may have a hard time pushing 2 1080's... just fyi
    a 2700x will be able to tho
    also turn on GPU restricted memory in your game settings, that will get rid of the microstuttering
  • CSO7777
    1365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 20
    So I need a little help here. For the last few days I’ve been trying to get into BFV but I get consistently low frames on a pretty good setup. I’m currently running 2x EVGA 1080s 8GB cards in SLI with a AMD Ryzen 7 1700 with 16GBs of Corsair vengeance ram. Are there currently any fixes for this?
    The game runs fine for me with a GTX1080 and a 2700X, yours should be running fine as well.

Try DX12, after a few rounds the stuttering should stop. I get 110+ FPS (1440p) on most maps with mixed settings of low to ultra. OU is harder to run but Dice are looking into that (according to their trello-posts).

Running SLI in this game requires some 'tricks', you may have to use google for that.

Restricted memory will make no difference for you, you have enough VRAM for the game (and should disable it).
  • Aditrex
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    what is your ram speed? consider overclocking and tweaking sub timings on ryzen!
  • bigguyhawaii
    371 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 23
    If you haven’t done it, you’ll need Nvidia inspector to run sli. Along with two Nvidia settings to read only to get sli. I used to run 2 980 ftw. With mixed video settings I’d get 150-180fps. Using the set up below and with only 16g ram
  • Dragam
    874 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You don't mention what resolution you are using, and what you consider to be a bad framerate. However, i am using a similar setup, and am able to run this game at 100 ish fps at 4k ultra, with sli configured. At these settings, i am maxing out both my gpu's and cpu (as sli lowers cpu performance). If you are running at 1440p (or god forbid 1080p), you should expect to be cpu bottlenecked, and as a result sli will scale less, or not at all.

See the link for my sli guide : 

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/168049/guide-on-how-to-get-sli-working-in-bf5/p1
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13431 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Dragam said:
    You don't mention what resolution you are using, and what you consider to be a bad framerate. However, i am using a similar setup, and am able to run this game at 100 ish fps at 4k ultra, with sli configured. At these settings, i am maxing out both my gpu's and cpu (as sli lowers cpu performance). If you are running at 1440p (or god forbid 1080p), you should expect to be cpu bottlenecked, and as a result sli will scale less, or not at all.

See the link for my sli guide : 

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/168049/guide-on-how-to-get-sli-working-in-bf5/p1
    His issues may already be alleviated with todays patch,  He posted this thread a week ago when we still had update 4.4