I think this video shows just how bad the balance is in BF5

BtheReaper49
388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Here's my evidence presented to the court of public opinion. The jury can decide:
Look I'll start by admitting that I lost this gunfight. No big deal you win some you lose some. But the way this played out I thought was just ridiculous and is indicative of the overall problem with BF5. There is a significant lack of fun, interactive gunplay between opponents.
As I approach the door I try to get the jump on the enemy because I know he's coming my way because he was spotted. Enemy doesn't even have their gun raised when they hit the doorway. Then I get melted. Only got 51 damage too because I got instakilled. And let's face it, from this video even if I landed all of my shots I still would have gotten destroyed. The netcode and TTK/TTD is absolutely abhorrent in this game! Look how spastic the fight went down. Talk about lack of smooth gunplay..
Whatever happened to weapon niche where weapons were effective at certain ranges? Looks like BF 5 threw that all out the window. Assaults, recons, support all do significant damage at short range, medium range and long range. Doesn't even matter.
This is exactly why BF4 and BF1 are my go to games and this one is only played sporadically to do some assignments and play with friends. Sad, just sad...

Comments

• BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The game definitely plays that poorly.

It could be possible you're taking hits from another angle also? I like the RSC but I can't get to spam fire that fast.

I find it's better not to corner jump people. With the variations in latency you have no idea how far behind that person you actually are, just fly out with guns blazing full Rambo style. 
  • krliathbirdeate
    293 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    All weapons have different characteristic your using a gun that has more range but less fire rate but has really good hip fire from medic class which is one of the most **** guns there is second the game is not balance of course there is a gun that is one hit kill which has the fire rate of 20 and there is a gun two hit kill has a fire rate of 100 ya....
    Post edited by krliathbirdeate on
  • jroggs
    1227 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Did YOU watch this video, OP? Look at how you fought. You hipfired, starting by shooting wide left, and then massively overcorrecting and shooting wide right. You also made a big racket entering that shop front, so he knew you were there (assuming he didn't have a flare up as well). You also failed to take advantage of the biggest perk of hipfire (mobility).

As for the weapon meta, you were using the Sten which is good all around but not really spectacular for close range 1v1s. Your opponent was using the RSC, which is best suited for mid and close range 1v1s. The Sten is often more forgiving of missed shots, but the RSC is more rewarding for players who can land consecutive hits. At your range, I believe this is roughly a push between these weapons in terms of TTK. So it's not like you had some big weapon advantage here. And even if this was bolt-action vs shotgun at point blank, it's still ultimately down to actually hitting your target.

Are the animations and latency sometimes a bit janky? Sure, just like every other multiplayer shooter. But you didn't lose this fight because of bad netcode or animations or flawed weapon balance, you lost because you were sloppy and your enemy wasn't.

In the matter of BtheReaper49 vs Battlefield V, I find in favor of the defendant, and order the plaintiff to make restitution to the court in the form of "gettin' good."
  • krliathbirdeate
    293 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    jroggs wrote: »
    Did YOU watch this video, OP? Look at how you fought. You hipfired, starting by shooting wide left, and then massively overcorrecting and shooting wide right. You also made a big racket entering that shop front, so he knew you were there (assuming he didn't have a flare up as well). You also failed to take advantage of the biggest perk of hipfire (mobility).

As for the weapon meta, you were using the Sten which is good all around but not really spectacular for close range 1v1s. Your opponent was using the RSC, which is best suited for mid and close range 1v1s. The Sten is often more forgiving of missed shots, but the RSC is more rewarding for players who can land consecutive hits. At your range, I believe this is roughly a push between these weapons in terms of TTK. So it's not like you had some big weapon advantage here. And even if this was bolt-action vs shotgun at point blank, it's still ultimately down to actually hitting your target.

Are the animations and latency sometimes a bit janky? Sure, just like every other multiplayer shooter. But you didn't lose this fight because of bad netcode or animations or flawed weapon balance, you lost because you were sloppy and your enemy wasn't.

In the matter of BtheReaper49 vs Battlefield V, I find in favor of the defendant, and order the plaintiff to make restitution to the court in the form of "gettin' good."

He didn’t notice since he was not looking that way and he look soon as the first bullet hit. Second this thread is about weapon balance not oh i made a mistake or you should have done it this way. Since he clearly should have won that fight at the fact that he shoot first and the other weapon is not an automatic weapon.

Left and right hip fire, he hit all body why does that matter? Going left to right don’t really matter since He would have lost anyway even if he hit all body. If it was a different gun, he would have get him easily and thats how smgs work. Smg work best in close distance shut guns work best in close distance, assaults work both mid and close but lose to an smg in close range but this game just ignores these characteristics. He should have gone for the head? when the other person didn’t even aim his head and was not even looking at him but the op get 1 second kill?? How is this balance? The gun was an non automatic weapon which is suppose to be a lot more less strong in close range.

Thats not something a balance game looks like. its basically this, ya open new weapons to won.. What can you do at that situation?? you would have die the same 100% Its call don’t choose that weapon since its bad. There is no i don’t make noise **** In this game at the first place and normally noise is canceled because of gun shoots when person walk near you, you hear sound when your stepping on wood you make noise.

Lot of guns with different characteristic but works the same way. We clearly see some gun with some type of characteristics in the game that are much more powerful than beginner guns and that probably the reason why most people use the same gun same shut gun assaults smg Refile. If dice wanted a balance game they would probably think about re calculating the damages for all guns

Post edited by krliathbirdeate on
  • OutOfMyWayKid
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    As much as I despise BFV, that gunfight loss was completely on you. You could've won that if you didn't sprint at the last second and focused on your aim.
  • Hawxxeye
    7813 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is one of those typical BFV netcode moments. The enemies are fast forwarded  by whatever lag compensation thing is in place.
    Alternatively they shoot you before you can even see them in your line of sight.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soUTBNjXR6Y
  • hkspm123
    413 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think its because of netcode problem , but still bfv balance does need improvement about range . Even starter can easily use auto out of range by smacking 3x scope easy tap fire 
  • BtheReaper49
    388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs wrote: »
    He didn’t notice since he was not looking that way and he look soon as the first bullet hit. Second this thread is about weapon balance not oh i made a mistake or you should have done it this way. Since he clearly should have won that fight at the fact that he shoot first and the other weapon is not an automatic weapon.

Left and right hip fire, he hit all body why does that matter? Going left to right don’t really matter since He would have lost anyway even if he hit all body. If it was a different gun, he would have get him easily and thats how smgs work. Smg work best in close distance shut guns work best in close distance, assaults work both mid and close but lose to an smg in close range but this game just ignores these characteristics. He should have gone for the head? when the other person didn’t even aim his head and was not even looking at him but the op get 1 second kill?? How is this balance? The gun was an non automatic weapon which is suppose to be a lot more less strong in close range.

Thats not something a balance game looks like. its basically this, ya open new weapons to won.. What can you do at that situation?? you would have die the same 100% Its call don’t choose that weapon since its bad. There is no i don’t make noise **** In this game at the first place and normally noise is canceled because of gun shoots when person walk near you, you hear sound when your stepping on wood you make noise.
    Exactly....
    1. I doubt he would have heard me coming to that door since he was still half way down the street when I entered the room.
    2. I had the Sten spec'd with hipfire and certainly didn't land the shots I needed to but that's because I fired super quick right when he entered the doorway to go for the element of surprise. Didn't work unfortunately.
    3. The enemy's gun was lowered when he entered the doorway making it even more ridiculous.
    I lost the gunfight, fine. But it was the WAY I lost the gun fight. Getting insta killed by a mid to long range weapon in a CQC situation just shows how poor the net code iand weapon balance is in this game. And yes I would have lost it even if I landed a 100% of my shots
  • BtheReaper49
    WrexDotExe wrote: »
    As much as I despise BFV, that gunfight loss was completely on you. You could've won that if you didn't sprint at the last second and focused on your aim.

Agreed, I thought of that after I looked at the video. I should have stayed back and not been so close to the doorway.
    I did this post not to cry sour grapes because I'v lost many gunfights anyway 😆 but to show how silly and abhorrent the weapon balance and net code is in this game.
  • rnm68566395
    3239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just looking at this clip can explain a lot of things about BF community and how most players are simply trash at the game.
  • BtheReaper49
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    It is one of those typical BFV netcode moments. The enemies are fast forwarded  by whatever lag compensation thing is in place.
    Alternatively they shoot you before you can even see them in your line of sight.

Thought of that... I wonder if he saw me 1 or 2 seconds before I truly saw him. If that's the case, ugh...pathetic
  • BtheReaper49
    Hawxxeye wrote: »

I didn't even see your link at the bottom of your post. I just looked at the video and wow!! Taking damage when you can't even see the guy and you're behind a rock. Beautiful😳
  • BtheReaper49
    Just looking at this clip can explain a lot of things about BF community and how most players are simply trash at the game.

Well it certainly explains a lot about BF5 I can tell you that.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    WrexDotExe wrote: »

Agreed, I thought of that after I looked at the video. I should have stayed back and not been so close to the doorway.
    I did this post not to cry sour grapes because I'v lost many gunfights anyway 😆 but to show how silly and abhorrent the weapon balance and net code is in this game.
    I don't think the SLR's are unbalanced at all, the RSC really doesn't fire that fast. You just got wiped by the latency mate.

If Dice ever manage to fix the net code stuff, V's gun balance on console isn't too bad at the mo.
  • warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It's difficult to tell what happened in the clip. I don't think the hit markers match up with the crosshairs when the shots are being fired. Hit markers appear over the crosshairs after the crosshairs have moved away from the enemy, making it look as though the subsequent shots that missed were the ones that actually registered. It's confusing and must be very frustrating.

Compare it to this clip of BF:3 Close Quarters. Even though there is a lot of smoke and debris flying around, and a lot more going on in general, the feedback from hit makers is much clearer:

• BtheReaper49
    warslag wrote: »
    It's difficult to tell what happened in the clip. I don't think the hit markers match up with the crosshairs when the shots are being fired. Hit markers appear over the crosshairs after the crosshairs have moved away from the enemy, making it look as though the subsequent shots that missed were the ones that actually registered. It's confusing and must be very frustrating.

Compare it to this clip of BF:3 Close Quarters. Even though there is a lot of smoke and debris flying around, and a lot more going on in general, the feedback from hit makers is much clearer:

Goes to show that BF3/4 and1 had smooth gunplay. BF5 is an absolute mess in that regard.
  • Soulbreeze
    386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soUTBNjXR6Y

That's how most of my game sessions on BFV are. I'm constantly saying to myself "BS" or "How the what now?". Constantly.

• warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    By the way, if you want to watch a YouTube video frame-by-frame, use the < and > keys near the right-hand SHIFT key.
  • Noodlesocks
    3687 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Looks more like a latency issue but you missed your shots so in this instance I don't believe it would have mattered either way.
  • BtheReaper49
    Looks more like a latency issue but you missed your shots so in this instance I don't believe it would have mattered either way.

Definitely true. I missed the shots which is fine. I was merely trying to show that this game has:
    1. Lousy netcode
    2. Lack of niche/balance in weapons. Any gun is good at any range in this game (well except SMG's which aren't very effective at long range)
    3. Awful gunplay interaction between opponents. The instadeath is so pervasive. It's right out of the COD playbook which is awful for Battlefield.

Post readers are always looking for evidence so I put it out there🙂