I think this video shows just how bad the balance is in BF5

Comments

• M_Rat13
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Definitely true. I missed the shots which is fine. I was merely trying to show that this game has:
    1. Lousy netcode
    2. Lack of niche/balance in weapons. Any gun is good at any range in this game (well except SMG's which aren't very effective at long range)
    3. Awful gunplay interaction between opponents. The instadeath is so pervasive. It's right out of the COD playbook which is awful for Battlefield.

Post readers are always looking for evidence so I put it out there🙂

COD isn't even this bad, lol. The new one at least was silky smooth compared to this (MW beta).
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1534 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    this video mainly shows how bad BFV is from start to finish
  • CosmicStriker
    766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    this is not COD if you want that go play that , this is Battlefield .
    now if you had a shotgun in that clip and you hit them and they did not go down i would question the game but you did not, you got hit from a more powerful weapon.
  • StupidNameHere
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Watched 5 times. Gun balance is crap but not because of this video.
  • jroggs
    1227 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs wrote: »
    Did YOU watch this video, OP? Look at how you fought. You hipfired, starting by shooting wide left, and then massively overcorrecting and shooting wide right. You also made a big racket entering that shop front, so he knew you were there (assuming he didn't have a flare up as well). You also failed to take advantage of the biggest perk of hipfire (mobility).

As for the weapon meta, you were using the Sten which is good all around but not really spectacular for close range 1v1s. Your opponent was using the RSC, which is best suited for mid and close range 1v1s. The Sten is often more forgiving of missed shots, but the RSC is more rewarding for players who can land consecutive hits. At your range, I believe this is roughly a push between these weapons in terms of TTK. So it's not like you had some big weapon advantage here. And even if this was bolt-action vs shotgun at point blank, it's still ultimately down to actually hitting your target.

Are the animations and latency sometimes a bit janky? Sure, just like every other multiplayer shooter. But you didn't lose this fight because of bad netcode or animations or flawed weapon balance, you lost because you were sloppy and your enemy wasn't.

In the matter of BtheReaper49 vs Battlefield V, I find in favor of the defendant, and order the plaintiff to make restitution to the court in the form of "gettin' good."

He didn’t notice since he was not looking that way and he look soon as the first bullet hit. Second this thread is about weapon balance not oh i made a mistake or you should have done it this way. Since he clearly should have won that fight at the fact that he shoot first and the other weapon is not an automatic weapon.

Left and right hip fire, he hit all body why does that matter? Going left to right don’t really matter since He would have lost anyway even if he hit all body. If it was a different gun, he would have get him easily and thats how smgs work. Smg work best in close distance shut guns work best in close distance, assaults work both mid and close but lose to an smg in close range but this game just ignores these characteristics. He should have gone for the head? when the other person didn’t even aim his head and was not even looking at him but the op get 1 second kill?? How is this balance? The gun was an non automatic weapon which is suppose to be a lot more less strong in close range.

Thats not something a balance game looks like. its basically this, ya open new weapons to won.. What can you do at that situation?? you would have die the same 100% Its call don’t choose that weapon since its bad. There is no i don’t make noise **** In this game at the first place and normally noise is canceled because of gun shoots when person walk near you, you hear sound when your stepping on wood you make noise.

Lot of guns with different characteristic but works the same way. We clearly see some gun with some type of characteristics in the game that are much more powerful than beginner guns and that probably the reason why most people use the same gun same shut gun assaults smg Refile. If dice wanted a balance game they would probably think about re calculating the damages for all guns

If someone posts a video purporting to demonstrate a weapon imbalance, it's extremely germane to that point whether or not he actually aimed at the target. He sprayed wildly and mostly missed. What shooters do you play where the devs "balance" weapons by turning misses into hits?
  • jroggs
    1227 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs wrote: »
    He didn’t notice since he was not looking that way and he look soon as the first bullet hit. Second this thread is about weapon balance not oh i made a mistake or you should have done it this way. Since he clearly should have won that fight at the fact that he shoot first and the other weapon is not an automatic weapon.

Left and right hip fire, he hit all body why does that matter? Going left to right don’t really matter since He would have lost anyway even if he hit all body. If it was a different gun, he would have get him easily and thats how smgs work. Smg work best in close distance shut guns work best in close distance, assaults work both mid and close but lose to an smg in close range but this game just ignores these characteristics. He should have gone for the head? when the other person didn’t even aim his head and was not even looking at him but the op get 1 second kill?? How is this balance? The gun was an non automatic weapon which is suppose to be a lot more less strong in close range.

Thats not something a balance game looks like. its basically this, ya open new weapons to won.. What can you do at that situation?? you would have die the same 100% Its call don’t choose that weapon since its bad. There is no i don’t make noise **** In this game at the first place and normally noise is canceled because of gun shoots when person walk near you, you hear sound when your stepping on wood you make noise.
    Exactly....
    1. I doubt he would have heard me coming to that door since he was still half way down the street when I entered the room.
    2. I had the Sten spec'd with hipfire and certainly didn't land the shots I needed to but that's because I fired super quick right when he entered the doorway to go for the element of surprise. Didn't work unfortunately.
    3. The enemy's gun was lowered when he entered the doorway making it even more ridiculous.
    I lost the gunfight, fine. But it was the WAY I lost the gun fight. Getting insta killed by a mid to long range weapon in a CQC situation just shows how poor the net code iand weapon balance is in this game. And yes I would have lost it even if I landed a 100% of my shots

1. You smashed through a door and stomped across a wooden floor. If he didn't hear you, he wasn't hearing anything.
    2. True. As you said yourself, it happens. But the key is that you did miss most of your shots.
    3. Totally meaningless. Could be the tail end of an animation (reloading, throwing a grenade, etc.) or he could have just been looking a bit low. But it takes no time to adjust your aim a bit higher.
    4. Who said the RSC was a "mid to long range weapon?" It's not. In fact, it's actually pretty poor for long range in my opinion, since it has a significant vertical recoil at range and the BTK goes from 2 to 3. Up close, the weapon has a TTK of .333 seconds. You know what else has a point-blank TTK of .333 seconds? The Sten.
    5. You needed four bullets to kill. In the bottom right, it appears you got off six shots. It's possible one or two of those weren't actually fired due to netcode, but if you had landed all your shots, then yes, you would have gotten the kill. But you missed, and your opponent with an equal TTK weapon didn't.

It was a fair fight. He just outplayed you that time.

I think you might be judging weapons by what you think they "ought to be" rather than what they are. Despite being Recon rifles, the RSC and Model 8 rifles are not long range weapons. Their optimal range is 0-50 meters where they have 2BTK. As for the Sten, it's easy to control at the expense of not having a great RoF by automatic weapon standards. This makes it a bit easier to use at greater distances than faster SMGs, but not very good for point-blank 1v1s. You have to look at each individual weapon's capabilities, not generalize them. If you carry preconceptions or attitudes like "Recon rifles should never ever be able to beat SMGs at close range," you're only holding yourself back.
  • ackers75
    2652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    It is one of those typical BFV netcode moments. The enemies are fast forwarded  by whatever lag compensation thing is in place.
    Alternatively they shoot you before you can even see them in your line of sight.

Thought of that... I wonder if he saw me 1 or 2 seconds before I truly saw him. If that's the case, ugh...pathetic

🤣🤣🤣🤣 shouldn’t laugh but this netcode is so so bad!
  • bfloo11111111111
    224 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The game engine is bad, but you would have lost that shoot out no matter what just because you sprayed and prayed and the other guy had better aim.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Watched the video...

giphy.gif
  • BtheReaper49
    388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The game engine is bad, but you would have lost that shoot out no matter what just because you sprayed and prayed and the other guy had better aim.

Correct, I would have lost bcuz my shots weren't on target. But did you see how FAST I was insta killed by a mid range weapon that wasn't even drawn when he entered the doorway. Why can't they make this better? That's the whole point of my video
  • BtheReaper49
    388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Watched the video...

giphy.gif

LMAO....this is good I'll give you that🤣
    I definitely tried to get the jump on him in the doorway as soon as I saw him Leading to wild shots.
    But as I stated to the previous reader the point of my video was to show how fast I was insta killed by a mid range weapon that wasn't even drawn in the doorway yet when I started to fire. Even if I landed half to 75% of my shots I would have been insta killed anyway. The netcode and TTK/TTD for a game set in 2018 & 2019 is just pathetic.
  • ChickenTheTank
    834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Literally every discussion we're having on gun balance and ttk would be completely nullified if the kill cam would let us know who we we killed by AND who we took damage from in the 5-10 seconds before death.

There are so many things that could be happening ign the OPs video.
    1) Could be the game's bad netcode messing with you.
    2) It could be the OP simply had bad aim.
    3) It could be the OP got shot in the back by someone else at almost the same time he took the RSC bullet.

If we knew who damaged us, we would be able to eliminate possibility #3. And video evidence lets us evaluate #2.

As it stands we'll never actually know why you lost the gun fight imo.
  • OskooI_007
    1355 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    I can see what happened using YouTube's 25% playback speed to slow things down.

OP gets shot once by the RSC rifle. Dropping his health to 47%. Then he gets shot again and dies.

You can see the two red damage indicators popup on screen.

The enemy even does a weird moon walk animation where he runs backwards into the doorway. Lol.
    Post edited by OskooI_007 on
  • M_Rat13
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Literally every discussion we're having on gun balance and ttk would be completely nullified if the kill cam would let us know who we we killed by AND who we took damage from in the 5-10 seconds before death.

There are so many things that could be happening ign the OPs video.
    1) Could be the game's bad netcode messing with you.
    2) It could be the OP simply had bad aim.
    3) It could be the OP got shot in the back by someone else at almost the same time he took the RSC bullet.

If we knew who damaged us, we would be able to eliminate possibility #3. And video evidence lets us evaluate #2.

As it stands we'll never actually know why you lost the gun fight imo.

And in COD we see what the person that killed us saw...... Again, another thing COD does better......
  • sabootheshaman
    1259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’ve watched multiple times and I gotta say besides the missed shots, the game seems to be running like plop. What console is that on? Man you guys got stooged by DICE on console in this BF.
  • ChickenTheTank
    I’ve watched multiple times and I gotta say besides the missed shots, the game seems to be running like plop. What console is that on? Man you guys got stooged by DICE on console in this BF.

I play on XB1X and I've experienced almost none of the problems I read about on the forums.

I did see invisible soldiers during that debacle, and I saw some of the soldiers stretch their model to the skybox too.

Other than that, I've had a super clean BF5 experience since launch compared to what I've read from others.
  • sabootheshaman
    1259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @ChickenTheTank thats good. I have an x that I got just for red dead and couch play. It seems like an awesome console honestly. MS game pass is killer for chilling out also.

Dang though in that vid it just seems horrendous to me. Not sure what it’s on, but I’d Deffo define that as close to unplayable unless compression has made it feel choppier.
  • EdManLee
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    " I've had a super clean BF5 experience" I think that says more about you than what you're experiencing. EA games are infamous for the most budget 3rd world connections you could dream of (view youtube or streams of pro fifa players, view in-game stats on BF5, ping etc.). Read this topic, the forums for this game or other EA games forums .... there's a common thread.
  • ChickenTheTank
    edited October 2019
    EdManLee wrote: »
    " I've had a super clean BF5 experience" I think that says more about you than what you're experiencing. EA games are infamous for the most budget 3rd world connections you could dream of (view youtube or streams of pro fifa players, view in-game stats on BF5, ping etc.). Read this topic, the forums for this game or other EA games forums .... there's a common thread.

I've played battlefield games at launch since BF1942, with the exception of the first Bad Company (Xbox GT is WhoLikesChicken). I know fully well what the game and quality experience of EA and Battlefield games are at launch, and in months afterwords.

Maybe I wasn't totally clear. I have experienced a lot of the network related issues edith BF5. I HAVE NOT however, experienced a ton of the technical issues like frame rate problems, game crashes, and similar issues.

So I stand by my statement that I've had a very clean BF5 experience since launch.

@sabootheshaman I think you'll really enjoy the X, and the Xbox ecosystem. I got it day one and it's definitely been the best console experience in my 25+ years of gaming.
  • g0merpile
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EdManLee wrote: »

I've played battlefield games at launch since BF1942, with the exception of the first Bad Company (Xbox GT is WhoLikesChicken). I know fully well what the game and quality experience of EA and Battlefield games are at launch, and in months afterwords.

Maybe I wasn't totally clear. I have experienced a lot of the network related issues edith BF5. I HAVE NOT however, experienced a ton of the technical issues like frame rate problems, game crashes, and similar issues.

So I stand by my statement that I've had a very clean BF5 experience since launch.

@sabootheshaman I think you'll really enjoy the X, and the Xbox ecosystem. I got it day one and it's definitely been the best console experience in my 25+ years of gaming.

I remember destroying you chicken in bf42, I was the best at that time in a tank,