Weekly Debrief

This Week in Battlefield V - October 21 - War in the Pacific is Coming

Braddock512
1311 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
edited October 24
An exciting week with some new information about Battlefield V's next Chapter, War in the Pacific.

This is an overview of the week. We will be updating this daily with new info, trailers, and blogs as they go live.
Monday, October 21, 2019
  • This Week in Battlefield V - An overview of this week's news, blogs, content, and more. As items are added or shifted, this will be updated. Keep an eye on it through the week for redirect links!
  • Battlefield V: War in the Pacfic Teaser - US
  • Xbox One Update 4.6.2 - We're pushing out an update tomorrow for Xbox One players to address some under-the-hood items.
  • Battlefield V: War in the Pacific Teaser - Japan

Wednesday, October 23, 2019
Thursday, October 24, 2019
Friday, October 25, 2019

Notices and Addendums

Post edited by Braddock512 on

Comments

• glender83
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Gg 👌🏻👍🏻😎
  • CT1924
    112 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trailer will hopefully be nice.
  • WolfWarrior1980
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    goooooooooood nice
  • OskooI_007
    850 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Xbox gets their own special update? I'm jelly.
  • KrisTheGamerLP
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hype! 🙏🙏👀👀
  • Blackidus
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 24
    I really like the look of the Pacific, but there is something making me a bit concerned.
    In the chapter description with all the info I see this.

"With Chapter 5, we’ve sweetened the pot for the Chapter Rewards even further. The Jungle Carbine primary weapon, the Epic Nighthawk outfit, and the Model 27 sidearm are some of the many rewards you can reap when getting experienced in the Pacific."

Do I read this correctly that you now need to grind the stupid chapter XP for some of the primary weaponds and sidearms?! Im not talking about weekly challenges here.
    For me this mean more stress as I cant play games 4-5 hours a day, aaaaaand since you can buy your way through the chapter rewards with real money, does that mean that you now can buy your way to unlocking not only cosmetics but also weaponds? Is this the start of gameplay microtransactions in BFV?

Is this not "pay-to-win" or "timesavers" as developers might call it?
    Some clarifycation on this please @Braddock512

Sorry for any bad English.

Post edited by Blackidus on
  • ChrisFromAldi
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nice trailer but you should fix the base game before adding extras into an already dodgy game.
  • supermutant666
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just really really hope there will be man portable flamethrowers for support class
  • supermutant666
    edited October 25
    Why u always gotta do that stupid **** **** with the pick as op as the medics are just put up as an support weapon not gadget not pick up or I swear for all that is holy I will never buy another bf game
  • supermutant666
    I’m soo sick of that having to beat everyone to a freggin flamethrowers in bf1 now it’s gonna be the same way in 5 for Christ’s sake u already have op medics,and they have mmg for support why not flamethrowers
  • SugarDNick30
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’m soo sick of that having to beat everyone to a freggin flamethrowers in bf1 now it’s gonna be the same way in 5 for Christ’s sake u already have op medics,and they have mmg for support why not flamethrowers

Flametrooper in BF1 isn't that great. Cool thing to be but can't say it's the most effective kit on the Battlefield. Tank Hunters and Trench Raider kits are another story.
  • Noodlesocks
    3053 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Will we get a new roadmap next week? Current roadmap is coming to an end in 7 days.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Will we get a new roadmap next week? Current roadmap is coming to an end in 7 days.
    Sounds like we get the 5.0 patch before next week Thursday.  So it's probably in that.