Halloween Cosmetics

PeaceWeaver
210 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I’m pretty forgiving of BFV in general; the game has its fair share of bugs, but it’s still ultimately fun and worth playing (for me, at any rate).

What’s getting harder to ignore are the frankly ridiculous cosmetics that don’t belong in ANY war game, let alone a WW2 game. I get that this isn’t a milsim or anything, but gaudy Halloween sets? Really? From the same company that shies away from doing anything that might remotely offend anyone? I thought the datamined outfits were bad, and then I saw the weapon skins:

12VZUDB.jpg

For real? A scythe attachment? This is almost worse than the mermaid... almost.

The only halfway realistic item in the whole Halloween package is the Aussie slouch hat. However, you can’t use it with any other torsos, because the tacticool, completely unnecessary scarf it comes with clips horribly with other torsos:

OrF7eRJ.jpg[kRguJGZ.jpg

6ppO3nU.jpg

So many people have been begging for cosmetics that actually look like they belong in a WW2 game (especially for the Allies, where you can’t even equip a single set of Brit trousers and Sandman is the closest you can get to a Brit torso), and instead we get gun skins with scythe attachments and silly, glowing stuff like Burnt.

I’m all for giving people choices. But could you please also give those of us who want realistic WW2 sets some choices as well? I’d really like for even ONE of my British soldiers to look like a British soldier.

Comments

• TEKNOCODE
    11616 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My mate @crabman169 rocked these today. Looked nice in the GAME.
  • VOLBANKER
    1719 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    A highway robber-outfit in a - supposedly - WWII game.

So what’s next, a Santa costume for Xmas?

• Vespervin
    1368 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019

OrF7eRJjpg

You can see the neck clipping through. Sigh. What is with EA DICE and their obsession with masks and gas masks?
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1693 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Woeful outfits.

Once again not one thing to spend CC on in the Armoury
  • PeaceWeaver
    210 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    Vespervin wrote: »
    (Quote)
    You can see the neck clipping through. Sigh. What is with EA DICE and their obsession with masks and gas masks?

It clipped through all the torsos I previewed. Clearly not made for mixing and matching. :/ And yeah, I don’t get the obsession with masks. So many good head sets are ruined by tacticool masks in this game.
    Post edited by PeaceWeaver on
  • heresPaul
    352 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Coming next a Santa outfit, clown shoes and Joseph’s amazing dreamcoat!
  • Caramac_D
    190 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm in shock at how bad these are.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11616 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs wrote: »
    If you die while using these new cosmetics, can you respawn immediately and get back into the fight? Or do you have to retrieve your blood echoes first and go back to the Hunter's Dream to talk to the doll?

I basically said the same thing to crabs when he was running in front of me. Lol
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    I don't have to accept the fact at all

Lol well you can sit there and pout all you want it's not gonna change the fact that these outfits are in the game now and will be forever.
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    e19f3b63-2fa8-480a-8d48-e962f5f32aeb_Thumbnail.PNG

I dunno what y'all complaining about
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Each to their own.

I'm not shelling out 20 quid for them, but I think they look great. Fair play to the design team on these bad boys.
  • jroggs
    1227 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If those scythes allow performing bayonet charge with Sten or Stg, it will be an immediate purchase. And I don't really care how others feel about it.
    It would set a very bad precedent of putting clear-cut gameplay advantages behind a paywall, setting the tone for future not-so-cosmetic-after-all offerings as players start to expect new competitive edges from their purchases.

Everyone knows that if pay-to-win elements were added to the game then some players would rush to buy them. That doesn't make it remotely okay. Most players want a fair and level experience for the basic admission price, not a battle of wallets. And make no mistake, EA would not hesitate for one second to fill the game with PTW content if they thought players would just let it happen.

I think you're speaking casually, but it's a serious issue and these forums are not the place to joke about it. Other companies like Bethesda are currently monetizing their games to death ostensibly at "player request," and if that happens to Battlefield then I am out, and I think most players will be leaving with me.
  • JediMastaWyn
    593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Think the Hunter Stalker is ok. The Hell Hunter a bit silly. But the weapons, my gosh they are just atrocious!
  • Tosasan_HUN
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If those scythes allow performing bayonet charge with Sten or Stg, it will be an immediate purchase. And I don't really care how others feel about it.

its be the door to P2W so hell no
  • Hawxxeye
    7932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Actually the outfit looks quite sweet