Battlefield 2 LAN Windows 10

stack1san
2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
Hi, this is my first post.

I recently bought a new laptop (Acer Predator Triton 500) and I'm having a couple of issues with BF2.
I've set compatibility mode to widows xp sp3, so it launches fine and plays in single player.

The issues are as follows:
1) BF2 Server Launcher has an error when I click "Start" (server)

"BF2 Error
Debug Assertion Failed
Version 1.5.3153-802.0 Build date:2009-8-20 16:8
Module: Main
File:
C:\dice\Projects\BF2Branches\Patch_1_50\Code\BF2\Game\Main\StatusMonitorImpl_win32.cpp
Line: 129

Text: couldn't set console window size

Current confile:             "

Is this the confile not referencing properly?

2) I cannot see servers hosted by my other laptop, using BF2 Server Launcher (running windows 8.1)
The server in windows 8.1 launches fine and I can play in it with my windows 8.1 laptop but it doesn't appear in my server list on my windows 10 laptop when I go into the local server list.

Thanks in advance. I've done a decent search online and can't seem to find a solution. I'm thinking I might have to dual boot with Windows 7 or something to get this to work but obviously would really rather not do that!

Comments

• stack1san
    Ok so it was just a firewall/antivirus issue as to why the server run on a windows8 machine was not showing up on the LAN servers on the windows 10 machine.

As far as BF2 Server Launcher not working, I haven't found a solution for that yet.
  • stack1san
    Oh and to resolve, I just disabled firewall while I was playing LAN with my mate.