Fliegerfaust Overpowered - DICE get your balancing straight!

Comments

• BeastofBourbon84
    450 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This discussion is going in circles...

I can't help but think that it's buggy though.
    Been 1shot 3 times today even twice in a row at some point by the same guy.
    I don't have any proof or vid, it just feels strange sometimes.
    Next server it was ok again.
    Don't get too greedy and you're fine.
    You'll eat 50 or 60dmg but not 100 to 0 :|
  • StealthAria
    431 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I feel I should point out that the points earned from damaging vehicles doesn't actually match the damage dealt most of the time.
    For example, every time you score a glancing hit on armor you earn 1 point for damage dealt, however a light tank might actually be eating as many as 5 points of damage from it and heavy tanks often don't lose anything from such hits.

• RayD_O1
    780 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • Hawxxeye
    6594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    RayD_O1 said:
    I see, so they do not plan to reduce its full potential but to make it somehow harder to reach that potential. Fair enough I guess.
  • RayD_O1
    780 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    RayD_O1 said:
    I see, so they do not plan to reduce its full potential but to make it somehow harder to reach that potential. Fair enough I guess.
    Hope the rework is handled sensibly and fairly.
  • VincentNZ
    3810 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    RayD_O1 said:
    You have an engagement window of say 3s per vehicle, mostly when they are doing the dive and just above you. Since the range seems to be 300m, you can not rely on a full or hit at all. And then you still need somebody else to do the rest, or have done somethig prior.
    You also need to get through 100+x to accomodate for fast repair, and you need to be able to secure at least an assist count as kill, otherwise it will not be used. If you tweak it so it regulalry does, say, 60 damage for the average user, you suddenly need three people to kill it and only one will get a kill on the scoreboard or any amount of points. 
    That is not incentivizing the use of a gadget, that is simply unrewarding. Just like engaging vehicles in general.
    The charm of the FF lies within getting 60-500 points for one shot, with a good chance of netting a kill (or even two people). The downside is the short engagement opportunity. Compare that to the PIAT or PF when engaging a vehicle. You have the potential to get 400 points, after you depleted your whole ammo on it, or somebody else gets it, as vehicles are often swarmed. Mostly you will come out of it with 40 points and no ammo left while putting yourself at a high risk. That is unrewarding as anything.
    Give something similar to the FF and you will only see it on Fjell and nowhere else. The incentive to even run it on Mercury or Al-Sundan is low and non-existant on any other map. Additionally any change will keep novice pilots at bay and offer free reign to the pilots that have a higher maneuverability.
  • Hawxxeye
    6594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    RayD_O1 said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    RayD_O1 said:
    Hope the rework is handled sensibly and fairly.
    We can trust DICE to fudge it up all the other way...
  • Trokey66
    8643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    (Quote)

You have an engagement window of say 3s per vehicle, mostly when they are doing the dive and just above you. Since the range seems to be 300m, you can not rely on a full or hit at all. And then you still need somebody else to do the rest, or have done somethig prior.You also need to get through 100+x to accomodate for fast repair, and you need to be able to secure at least an assist count as kill, otherwise it will not be used. If you tweak it so it regulalry does, say, 60 damage for the average user, you suddenly need three people to kill it and only one will get a kill on the scoreboard or any amount of points. That is not incentivizing the use of a gadget, that is simply unrewarding. Just like engaging vehicles in general.The charm of the FF lies within getting 60-500 points for one shot, with a good chance of netting a kill (or even two people). The downside is the short engagement opportunity. Compare that to the PIAT or PF when engaging a vehicle. You have the potential to get 400 points, after you depleted your whole ammo on it, or somebody else gets it, as vehicles are often swarmed. Mostly you will come out of it with 40 points and no ammo left while putting yourself at a high risk. That is unrewarding as anything.Give something similar to the FF and you will only see it on Fjell and nowhere else. The incentive to even run it on Mercury or Al-Sundan is low and non-existant on any other map. Additionally any change will keep novice pilots at bay and offer free reign to the pilots that have a higher maneuverability.

It'll be the AP Mine all over again.
  • AlphaMongloid
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree , the fliegerfaust is way to OP.
  • mf_shro0m
    2178 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

You have an engagement window of say 3s per vehicle, mostly when they are doing the dive and just above you. Since the range seems to be 300m, you can not rely on a full or hit at all. And then you still need somebody else to do the rest, or have done somethig prior.You also need to get through 100+x to accomodate for fast repair, and you need to be able to secure at least an assist count as kill, otherwise it will not be used. If you tweak it so it regulalry does, say, 60 damage for the average user, you suddenly need three people to kill it and only one will get a kill on the scoreboard or any amount of points. That is not incentivizing the use of a gadget, that is simply unrewarding. Just like engaging vehicles in general.The charm of the FF lies within getting 60-500 points for one shot, with a good chance of netting a kill (or even two people). The downside is the short engagement opportunity. Compare that to the PIAT or PF when engaging a vehicle. You have the potential to get 400 points, after you depleted your whole ammo on it, or somebody else gets it, as vehicles are often swarmed. Mostly you will come out of it with 40 points and no ammo left while putting yourself at a high risk. That is unrewarding as anything.Give something similar to the FF and you will only see it on Fjell and nowhere else. The incentive to even run it on Mercury or Al-Sundan is low and non-existant on any other map. Additionally any change will keep novice pilots at bay and offer free reign to the pilots that have a higher maneuverability.

I disagree. Better pilots are more able to bomb accurately from greater distances and so a smaller portion of good pilots would bother to dive in at anything other than a tank. Rookie pilots on the other hand are more likely to bomb from shorter distances as they’re easier to land and so nerfing the FF will benefit rookie pilots more than it benefits the good ones
  • mf_shro0m
    2178 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This discussion is going in circles...

I can't help but think that it's buggy though.
    Been 1shot 3 times today even twice in a row at some point by the same guy.
    I don't have any proof or vid, it just feels strange sometimes.
    Next server it was ok again.
    Don't get too greedy and you're fine.
    You'll eat 50 or 60dmg but not 100 to 0 :|

I think it’s just that explosives have been buggy. When I’m tanking sometimes direct hits on infantry with the Sherman or the Japanese one won’t even kill him and sometimes I’ll land a shot right next to him and no damage will register.
    The FF shoots 4(?) rockets at a time and so following on from my tanking observations the FF should also be suffering from the bugged explosions
  • Trokey66
    8643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

I disagree. Better pilots are more able to bomb accurately from greater distances and so a smaller portion of good pilots would bother to dive in at anything other than a tank. Rookie pilots on the other hand are more likely to bomb from shorter distances as they’re easier to land and so nerfing the FF will benefit rookie pilots more than it benefits the good ones

So your are suggesting that good players won't take any advantage of any nerf?

Yeah, Gentleman's dangly bits......
  • Hawxxeye
    Trokey66 said:
    (Quote)

So your are suggesting that good players won't take any advantage of any nerf?

Yeah, Gentleman's dangly bits......
    The dogfighters in particular can already take their fights out of the reach of FFs near the resupply and spawn locations
  • talhaONE
    356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Yea its okay to have it, but -90dmg with one shot up to 250m distance without any warnings is a bit overkill don't ya think? 
    Good luck hitting all the projectiles from 250 meters. Fliegerfaust does barely any damage beyond 100 meters.
  • xHonest_Abe
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can not believe that we are on page 28 of this post. Put it to rest. :p  I noticed in the Pacific that the skilled airman are still continually taking out the enemy on the ground. Some are so good that the enemy on the ground are very irritated when reading the chat. :) There are fewer players carrying the new (now old) weapon now because of the enemy on the ground is picking them off as the AA soldiers is continually looking at the sky and not the ground. The aircraft is more available to players now since the ace is shot down more often and from keeping the same aircraft for the entire game.
  • DingoKillr
    3859 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    RayD_O1 said:
    That depends on how far it goes, I can think of 1 method that would take more skill when target is not flying directly at.
  • LeesSummit09
    400 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wait until you come up against good pilots flying the zero's in the pacific maps, you will want to increase the fliegerfaust.  Guy last night, 67-1, dropping incendiary bombs and we couldn't touch him.  There are many video's on youtube showing zero pilots wrecking havoc.  One guy went 91-6 and had the nerve to say anti-aircraft weapons need to be nerfed.  I suck at flying, so don't even try against good pilots, but don't think America's counter to the zero matches up.
  • Hawxxeye
    Wait until you come up against good pilots flying the zero's in the pacific maps, you will want to increase the fliegerfaust.  Guy last night, 67-1, dropping incendiary bombs and we couldn't touch him.  There are many video's on youtube showing zero pilots wrecking havoc.  One guy went 91-6 and had the nerve to say anti-aircraft weapons need to be nerfed.  I suck at flying, so don't even try against good pilots, but don't think America's counter to the zero matches up.
    That is how DICE works, they nerf both sides until they cannot complain about being able to kill each other much
  • xKusagamix
    1045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    Zero is way better than the Corsair. Pick up long range kills with the 2nd cannon with big splash, fly high above and drop incendiary bombs. Even using the same thing the Corsair still somehow feel odd compare with the Zero.

I'm an average pilot but the Fliegerfaust is not that big of a problem in the Pacific maps. Still can get 40-50 kills with a few deaths. Just notice that my K/D went up from 1.56 to 1.59 since the Pacific, it's crazy.
  • LeesSummit09
    400 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Playing pacific storm right now and # 1 player in a zero. Incendiary bombs are to much, guy was 68-2 and we didn’t get past next to last objective.