Fliegerfaust Overpowered - DICE get your balancing straight!

Comments

  • snavelaer
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    snavelaer said:
    BUUCKSHOT wrote: »
    So what I'm seeing is that the flieger is going to be turned into AA basically. So now we will have 2 useless weapons against planes but if you place a perfectly timed shot and hit the plane at the perfect spot you might get a kill? I can't hit a soldier 5 feet in front of me with a shotgun. So we are back to fighting airplanes with the panzerfaust, a weapon designed for ground armor while the 2 weapons specifically designed to combat aircraft are useless, unless of course you use the AA against ground troops where it is quite effective.........brilliant.

    So you say the MAA is useless and the stationairy AA to?
    They are good for peeling fighters off our own planes if our own planes try to get  in the effective range. That is all about it.
    I disagree. Since the update I shred planes consistently. They drop like flies. Plane after plane after plane. 
  • Turban_Legend80
    4705 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    snavelaer wrote: »
    I am not a big fan of the FF but It is a weapon to kill usually an unexperienced pilot. It is really easy to counter and you van still dogfight other planes if you know what you are doing.

    The MAA is really deadly now again and I think it is in a good place.
    If you want to kill good bombers the FF is useless and the MAA is effective but you don’t automatically own the air with an MAA.

    The argument that the range should be less lethal at longer ranges is already the case. The longer the range the longer it takes to get to the plane and the easier it is to dodge the shells.

    Best way to counter air is still with air but the buff of the MAA was much needed. If you hit you target they have a problem and as a pilot you have to be very aware of any MAA that is operational.

    The reason why often pilots ignore eachother on the pacific is because it takes relativly long to dogfight another plane and 20 seconds later he is back....
    While instead it is much easier to bomb or splash Infantry.

    I dont mind the short time on planes on the pacific. I think it is good that more vehicles are available. But there is no incentive to strive for dominance in the air.
    A simple solition would be to have one big flag covering the whole map that gets capped by whoever have more planes in it. Airsupperiority and cq in one. Simple really.

    Another thing is what can a tanker do against a plane?

    I think the topgun should be closed and do damage against planes.
    As well as primary guns more damage against planes.

    I think they should take a look at Battlefield Bad company Vietnam and the damage against choppers.

    The damage on the splash of the primary gun on the zero and corsair are in need of some tweaking.
    Maybe proning by thr infantry to reduce the splashdamage to zero or decreased severly.

    P.s: tbh I don’t know a solition wich is fair and balanced and fun for eveyone. And reading the comments you guys dont know it either.

    Good post.

    Just on the last bit, I agree 100%. I can’t think of another battlefield game where so many things don’t make sense in terms of balance that there isn’t a clear and obvious solution to the problem
  • MBT_Layzan
    2023 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I cant wait for a futuristic title where they can with good design, balance the game how ever they want. With an emphasis on powerful vehicles over infantry because in a 64 player game, if you try to balance infantry to go one on one with vehicles it's a bad formula. Just take it back to something more like BF3. I really think they need to look at what made past BF games so much more successful.
       
  • DingoKillr
    3858 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    I cant wait for a futuristic title where they can with good design, balance the game how ever they want. With an emphasis on powerful vehicles over infantry because in a 64 player game, if you try to balance infantry to go one on one with vehicles it's a bad formula. Just take it back to something more like BF3. I really think they need to look at what made past BF games so much more successful.
       

    BF2142 much better example. 2 faction, futuristic limited vehicle options.
  • Hawxxeye
    6574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    I cant wait for a futuristic title where they can with good design, balance the game how ever they want. With an emphasis on powerful vehicles over infantry because in a 64 player game, if you try to balance infantry to go one on one with vehicles it's a bad formula. Just take it back to something more like BF3. I really think they need to look at what made past BF games so much more successful.
       

    BF2142 much better example. 2 faction, futuristic limited vehicle options.
    I had been looking forward to this for  quite a while but I fear that the executives find that CoD in the past years has exhausted the "target audience's" appetite for futuristic games.
  • StealthAria
    429 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)

    Are you sure it was only one SAA that hit you?I was helping YourLocalPlumer with some pursuing planes in Iwo Jima by using the SAA on the Zeros that went after him while he was passing over me and it would take really many clean hits for them to go down. One managed to survive 8 hits.

    It only takes me 4 or 5 to drop a plane from 100 to 0. Direct hits with the stationary guns commonly deal 24+ damage, and often knock out parts with just 1 hit.
  • snavelaer
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The MAA was never my favourite vehicle but since I put some hours in it I became effective with it even pre-patch.  The damage was to low. Planes would often fly away even if you would hit them for several seconds in succession.

    They buffed it and it is now in a good place. Planes still have a chance to react and escape. But when you have the accuracy and they don't react adequate they get dropped.
    Still  air countered by air is most effective to really get those smart pilots that try to stay away from the MAA. 

    I love to use it as a tanker because you are so weak against other tanks and assaults you have to resort to stealth tactics. I enjoy it  a lot. Proper cat and mouse .

Sign In or Register to comment.