Battlefield V - Update 5.0

Comments

• A_al_K_pacino_A
    1084 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    Just a quick question. Now there are weapons in the chapter rewards, if somebody doesnt get to them before chapter is finished, will they be purchasable after? you have always maintained that weapons/vehicles would never be locked out so was just wondering if this would be the case here?

ToW guns are made available to purchase with CC roughly a week after their specific weeks end.

There seem to be some in the chapter rewards this time and if they are numbers 38,39 and 40 plenty will miss out (I'll include me here).

My guess is they will be available for Cc when the chapter finishes but DICE/EA haven't let on yet.
  • BrianLocal1
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    No patch on xbox one yet?
    Edit: Nevermind its scheduled for 12 minutes from now
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2634 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • MootCarrot
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    hello the update is live but the maps are not available yet?

• MootCarrot
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I tried to filter everything except the two new maps and it showed nothing.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I tried to filter everything except the two new maps and it showed nothing.

It is just the patch, release is still Thursday along with the new ToW.
  • BrianLocal1
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hope there isn't any big bugs.  Dice better not muck this one up.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2634 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • AceRimmeh
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    This patch has broke my game. I start BFV, navigate to server browse, I click to join a server. It then goes to black loading screen with the in progress circle at the top right. It then drops back to the server browser and I loose the colour of the menu pages. What I mean by that is instead of the new orange look of the menu system, it's just black. I cannot close the game either, I need to shut it down via task manager. Here is a link to a video of what its doing
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mRkMzk9nOlgtQFuRMrSAHq_raWWrapGu

I have a Ryzen 7 2700X
    and a Raden Vega 64 with the latest drivers installed.
    I restarted my system and ran the game in admin mode but still the same.
    I was playing for about 2.5 hours before the update without any problems.
    Any idea's

• GRAW2ROBZ
    AceRimmeh said:
    This patch has broke my game. I start BFV, navigate to server browse, I click to join a server. It then goes to black loading screen with the in progress circle at the top right. It then drops back to the server browser and I loose the colour of the menu pages. What I mean by that is instead of the new orange look of the menu system, it's just black. Here is a link to a video of what its doing

I have a Ryzen 7 2700X

Any idea's

Probably post the bug there.

• BrianLocal1
    Ha, I've got 80k cc.  Get me some nice new cosmetics for the new stuff when it gets done downloading.
  • AceRimmeh
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    AceRimmeh said:
    This patch has broke my game. I start BFV, navigate to server browse, I click to join a server. It then goes to black loading screen with the in progress circle at the top right. It then drops back to the server browser and I loose the colour of the menu pages. What I mean by that is instead of the new orange look of the menu system, it's just black. Here is a link to a video of what its doing

I have a Ryzen 7 2700X

Any idea's

Probably post the bug there.

Ok will do.
  • ChiefSniper
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    @DrunkOnRedWine What’s being worked on for the rest of Chapter 5?

* New Map: Wake Island.

* Private Games

It is literally at the very bottom of the OP.
    Well. Um. It wasn't in 72 point text in bold bright red underlined font! Ok ok, EGG ON FACE. I'll try to be more observant in future 😁

• DrunkOnRedWine
    1688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This was the info I was looking for, getting This Week confused with other announcements

Private Games
    • We're looking at a rebrand of the name to focus more on the community.
    • Private Games will be coming in an upcoming update in Chapter 5, as previously noted.
    • The team is currently testing various features and we’ll have a full blog (and livestream) in November with more details.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    Old bug is back for XBOX1.  Capture a video clip kicks ya.  I wasn't in game yet.  But I was in the my company and looking at the tanks and went down the specializations and cut me from EA online.  So for XBOX1 maybe dont take screen shots or clips until they hotfix this.  This bug was here like two or three updates ago.
  • deamau594
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’m having a bug where the slide doesn’t work properly. The melee is triggering the slide at the same time!?! How can I fix this
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1084 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    deamau594 wrote: »
    I’m having a bug where the slide doesn’t work properly. The melee is triggering the slide at the same time!?! How can I fix this

I'd check your key/button binds to check they aren't the same.
  • duelight1987
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    Just a quick question. Now there are weapons in the chapter rewards, if somebody doesnt get to them before chapter is finished, will they be purchasable after? you have always maintained that weapons/vehicles would never be locked out so was just wondering if this would be the case here?

ToW guns are made available to purchase with CC roughly a week after their specific weeks end.
    The Jungle carbine and 2 handguns are CHAPTER rewards as per my original post, i was wondering about them, not the tides of war weapons.
  • BTL-A4_Ace
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Fan-freak'n-tastic work, DICE! Lots of great fixes and improvements included in this update, and finally, the Pacific Theater is coming to BFV.

I can't put into words how excited I am for this update! Bring on the 31st!
  • Braddock512
    1541 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Updated list to include the following:

• Flamethrowers attached to vehicles now also does damage to other vehicles, and these fires will linger for a while on vehicles and do damage over time

• Flamethrowers on vehicles do more consistent damage over time on soldiers that get hit by it

• Flamethrowers on vehicles now cause larger fires in the environment

• The range of the flamethrowers on vehicles has decreased but the flame is more accurate.

• The Archer APDS round has gotten an increase in the damage dealt to vehicles and also an increase in shell velocity.

• Firestorm - Fix for Ammo crates are still showing in game after they were picked by enemies