BFV Instant Crash To Desktop

MightyMuppet_XD
postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited October 2019
I updated my nvidia driver to the latest (440.97) and sinse then when ever i go on bfv it starts up fine but as soon as i click on ANYTHING that is pvp related
it crashes straight to the desktop with no warning/message. it was working fine before the driver update and BF4 & BF1 both still work fine. Anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• YuKYu
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have.
    I'll try reinstall driver to 436.48 ver
  • YuKYu
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    didn't help
  • Draxonfly
    211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Have you cleared the Origin cache? https://help.ea.com/en-au/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/
    Repaired you game through Origin?
    Everything up to date (Drivers/Windows)?
    System not overheating? (Clean the dust and fluff out of your case)
    Re-seat you video card and mem sticks (make sure the contacts are clear)
    No extra background apps/programs running that you dont need?
    Check your audio sample rate, drop it down (if it is 48 try 44.1).. 
  • steirerhubsii
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I also had random CTD now and than. Starting ~10 days ago CTDs happened more often. Then CTD started to happen a few seconds after I deployed or even in the main screen if I stayed there too long (max. time in game ~1 minute). At one point about a week ago BF V started to crashed Windows 10 completely. I went through the whole suggestions: reset Windows 10, reinstall origin, new installation of BF V, using older versions of NVIDIA drivers,... Today I updated to newst NVIDIA version and installed lates BF V update. Still CTD... I'm 100% sure it has to do with BF V and possibly in combination with NVIDIA drivers. So I'll wait a little bit more till they fix the issue. After >400 h of playtime  I'm very close to just stop plyaing BF V because of that sh* now. 
  • HydroExcursion
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    yeah same here
  • Kompura
    281 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I had the same problem but it was fixed and I believe it was fixed after I uninstalled Nvidia driver, run DDU, installed the old 431.36 driver, then clean installed the newest one back. I can't imagine anything else that could have fixed the game.
  • serpico074
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I updated my nvidia driver to the latest (440.97) and sinse then when ever i go on bfv it starts up fine but as soon as i click on ANYTHING that is pvp related
    it crashes straight to the desktop with no warning/message. it was working fine before the driver update and BF4 & BF1 both still work fine. Anyone else having this issue?
    Try these GeForce 441.08 Game Ready Drivers
  • Apalolv
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same just started crashing randomly efter about 1 min in game, sometimes crashing Windows alltogheter. I starting to Tink that bf5 destroys My pc... Haha
  • spychodelics
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Quality Software, crashes since update today! 
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13632 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Quality Software, crashes since update today! 
    Posting your specs helps,  Also what drivers you are running and what settings you have ingame.
  • Doziann
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I only hear the first notes of the flute of the menu then it crashes... Tried to delete the Origin cache, updated my graphics drivers.. Changed nothing unfortunately :( I have a GeForce GTX 1060, an I7 8750 CPU, my last graphic driver is the 441.08 and usually i run the game on medium. Had no trouble till today's update
  • Apalolv
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My game runs perfect for like 10 mins then its like the game alt+f4 itself... did everyting event fresh install of Windows. All other games work so i dont think its a problem Whit the hardware
  • IceVodKaa17
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hello, I cleared cache, I updated nvidia drivers to lastest and I have same... instant crash to desktop. I tried to lower graphics or put bordeless but doesn't work ... any solution ? 
  • duendemago
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    441.08 Driver plus the new update 5. Game insta crashes after the main screen shows for some seconds. No fix for me.
  • 5k1walker
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    until now the best drives i  use for this game to play between 50 and 60 fps it was.....

GeForce 436.51 Hotfix driver

PS. dont test yet 441.08 drivers

• g0merpile
    705 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019

Task manager, end Origin and its webservice, The problem is originwebservice not starting, the game is running but the game webinterface is not.. You may have to do this a couple of times to run the game, even a reboot after ending the service. I found for me it was a windows update permission problem. This started shortly after windows automatic update was happening. There was a problem with permissions and how windows managed merging its files to windows. I had to do a complete install of windows. There is a route to install windows update using update assistant tool and denying windows built in update .
  • Viventis
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is not just a Nvidia problem.  I have an AMD RX 5700xt and an I-7 2600 Sandybridge.  I have been monitoring everything with the Radeon driver tool.  Temperatures are never out of spec. However, sometimes my CPU and/or GPU get maxed as does power consumption of the GPU {>100 Watts}  I can play BF 1 all day without a problem.  This started with the latest game update.  Sometimes I can play for a while, sometimes I can't even get to the map.  I tried almost everything posted.  In a week, I will be completely updating my computer with a new motherboard (x570 AMD), a new CPU (8700xt AMD Ryzen) with a new power supply.  Maybe the old I-7 is the problem.  Interestingly, the Radeon Driver app also shuts down when I crash the game to desktop.
  • kapitalistas69
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 6
    Viventis said:
    It is not just a Nvidia problem.  I have an AMD RX 5700xt and an I-7 2600 Sandybridge.  I have been monitoring everything with the Radeon driver tool.  Temperatures are never out of spec. However, sometimes my CPU and/or GPU get maxed as does power consumption of the GPU {>100 Watts}  I can play BF 1 all day without a problem.  This started with the latest game update.  Sometimes I can play for a while, sometimes I can't even get to the map.  I tried almost everything posted.  In a week, I will be completely updating my computer with a new motherboard (x570 AMD), a new CPU (8700xt AMD Ryzen) with a new power supply.  Maybe the old I-7 is the problem.  Interestingly, the Radeon Driver app also shuts down when I crash the game to desktop.
    out of the blue BF V started crashing to desktop ,game on (not with OS)M.2 SSD moved game to hard drive via usb then i was aible to play .formated M.2 SSD deleted everything on that ,moved game back and guess what same, crashes to desktop. when i try repair the game i get error message 
  • Viventis
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I finished my new build with Ryzen 7 3700x, Radeon 5700 XT, new memory and power supply.  New AMD driver.  Still occasional crashes!  The word is that the 5700 XT does not play well with the drivers yet.
  • Viventis
    edited January 13
    I tried everything and finally reverting to Radeon driver 19.8.1 seems to have done the trick.  Two hours of online play with no crashes (yet)!
    Post edited by Viventis on