Difference between M95 and Type 99?

1235»

Comments

• dandop_oq7r7ppf
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019

(Quote)
    Faster tactical reload than the m95 at the expense of 5 less damage at close range. It's not much, but it's something.
    But to be fair, there's not really that much they can do with new bolt actions that isn't already done by any of the other bolt actions.

Well actually the M95 max damage of 80 goes to 30 meters
    The Type 99 max damage of 75 only goes to 20 meters
    So at 30 meters there’s actually a difference of 9 damage.
    The types 99 has the steepest drop off of any BA
    It’s minimum damage goes to 60
    While the m95 is 66

I also disagree. I think there’s lots they could do to the bolt actions.
    They could of used a bullet velocity that hasn’t been used before.
    Same goes for ROF

Or they could of changed up the Spec tree.
    Improve hip fire perhaps instead of Custom stock?
    Or Increase damage range instead of Machine bolt?

Yes, so why make a gun virtually the same except for less damage overall, and bigger damage dropoff? How is the, Arasaka balanced to make it competitive and different than the m95?

I'll tell you why. Its not the same. The Type 99 has less bullet drop. Aside from my experience with the m95, which is extensive, and the Krag, which even more extensive, I can just tell by using the Arasaka that it sits in between those two rifles as far as range/ bullet drop. The Krag, and m95 are/ were my two mains. I know the difference between these three bolt actions.

When I tried playing the Type 99, like the m95, I was constantly shooting over heads. I dont care what Robenter, and the YouTube guys say, play the weapon for awhile and you will see.

I think the developers overlooked it.
    I won’t be surprised if the type 99 gets a small buff.

There is no difference in Bullet drop. Both are identical.
    Check out sym it’s the new Symthik site
    They lay out extensive stats of each weapon, and you can compare them

https://sym.gg/

I would normally support such a statement but when I tried the type 99 it felt like it had significantly faster bullet velocity than the Gewehr 95. normally I find the explanation of why something feels the way it does in the stats but not here. so either Im just being deceived by something or the stats aren't the ones applicable to the version of the game I play.

It doesn’t.
    Velocity and bullet drop are identical.
    Could be the sound of the rifle that is giving you the perception of a faster bullet or less drop

no...
    I normally use the m95 and found that I have to remind myself to lead less when using the type 99.
    also I can read the stats myself, thank you, I know what they say.

Well you are wrong.
    If you wanna base weapon stats off of “feelings” and “gut instincts”
    I can also do that.
    I’ve put in close to 1000 hours into this game, and extensively play recon.
    I can see virtually no difference between the two, when it comes to leading shots.

I bet the sound and different scopes are playing tricks on you, and you perceive it to be different.

dude stop... honestly. if I have to remind myself then I have to remind myself. that's not an objective claim or anything that has to do with you. I'm not wrong when I say thst I have to remind myself... ffs.
    I already said that its probabaly me....geez...

Okay. Got it. I have different opinion, and use stats to back it up, to form a final assessment.
    I don’t want to offend you, and sorry I did.

you still don't get it. I didn't even state an opinion. I just described my experience with the weapon and that it didn't seem to fit the stats.
    i don't know in what way you want to disagree with an experience.....

Okay bud. You had a different experience.
    Don’t worry whatever you write on the internet is safe from critique , as it’s an experience.

Curious do you say that about everything you encounter?

Thanks for the good laugh

Im not responsible for your inability to differentiate. you seem to want to push me into a certain category but I'm not gonna accept that.

ita absolutely not safe from critique, however thst doesn't take away the right from me to defend myself against mentioned critique. now in this case the critique is simply baseless as you don't want to accept what I was saying and wasn't saying. you can of course mention critique about an experience but saying that it is "wrong" simply makes no sense.

I only claim that I mention an experience when I actually just mentioned an experience, which is really really rare to happen. in fact I think this was one of the very first times I did this on this forum.

What I think is wrong is you’re taking your Experience and using it as a counter argument against Stats.
    Maybe that wasn’t your intention, and possibly I assumed just that.

Nothing wrong with stating an opinion or experience, that’s usually my first impression of every weapon, and that is huge, but when Math dictates otherwise, my own personal experience becomes meaningless, unless I have clear reason to believe the Math is wrong.
    In that case I’d be asking for a re-evaluation of the stats.

I think you are misguided by the Sound and the different scope of the Type 99, that is tricking you to thinking the gun has a faster bullet.

That’s it

You even said it yourself “ that something could be deceiving you
  • The_BERG_366
    2766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

(Quote)
    Faster tactical reload than the m95 at the expense of 5 less damage at close range. It's not much, but it's something.
    But to be fair, there's not really that much they can do with new bolt actions that isn't already done by any of the other bolt actions.

Well actually the M95 max damage of 80 goes to 30 meters
    The Type 99 max damage of 75 only goes to 20 meters
    So at 30 meters there’s actually a difference of 9 damage.
    The types 99 has the steepest drop off of any BA
    It’s minimum damage goes to 60
    While the m95 is 66

I also disagree. I think there’s lots they could do to the bolt actions.
    They could of used a bullet velocity that hasn’t been used before.
    Same goes for ROF

Or they could of changed up the Spec tree.
    Improve hip fire perhaps instead of Custom stock?
    Or Increase damage range instead of Machine bolt?

Yes, so why make a gun virtually the same except for less damage overall, and bigger damage dropoff? How is the, Arasaka balanced to make it competitive and different than the m95?

I'll tell you why. Its not the same. The Type 99 has less bullet drop. Aside from my experience with the m95, which is extensive, and the Krag, which even more extensive, I can just tell by using the Arasaka that it sits in between those two rifles as far as range/ bullet drop. The Krag, and m95 are/ were my two mains. I know the difference between these three bolt actions.

When I tried playing the Type 99, like the m95, I was constantly shooting over heads. I dont care what Robenter, and the YouTube guys say, play the weapon for awhile and you will see.

I think the developers overlooked it.
    I won’t be surprised if the type 99 gets a small buff.

There is no difference in Bullet drop. Both are identical.
    Check out sym it’s the new Symthik site
    They lay out extensive stats of each weapon, and you can compare them

https://sym.gg/

I would normally support such a statement but when I tried the type 99 it felt like it had significantly faster bullet velocity than the Gewehr 95. normally I find the explanation of why something feels the way it does in the stats but not here. so either Im just being deceived by something or the stats aren't the ones applicable to the version of the game I play.

It doesn’t.
    Velocity and bullet drop are identical.
    Could be the sound of the rifle that is giving you the perception of a faster bullet or less drop

no...
    I normally use the m95 and found that I have to remind myself to lead less when using the type 99.
    also I can read the stats myself, thank you, I know what they say.

Well you are wrong.
    If you wanna base weapon stats off of “feelings” and “gut instincts”
    I can also do that.
    I’ve put in close to 1000 hours into this game, and extensively play recon.
    I can see virtually no difference between the two, when it comes to leading shots.

I bet the sound and different scopes are playing tricks on you, and you perceive it to be different.

dude stop... honestly. if I have to remind myself then I have to remind myself. that's not an objective claim or anything that has to do with you. I'm not wrong when I say thst I have to remind myself... ffs.
    I already said that its probabaly me....geez...

Okay. Got it. I have different opinion, and use stats to back it up, to form a final assessment.
    I don’t want to offend you, and sorry I did.

you still don't get it. I didn't even state an opinion. I just described my experience with the weapon and that it didn't seem to fit the stats.
    i don't know in what way you want to disagree with an experience.....

Okay bud. You had a different experience.
    Don’t worry whatever you write on the internet is safe from critique , as it’s an experience.

Curious do you say that about everything you encounter?

Thanks for the good laugh

Im not responsible for your inability to differentiate. you seem to want to push me into a certain category but I'm not gonna accept that.

ita absolutely not safe from critique, however thst doesn't take away the right from me to defend myself against mentioned critique. now in this case the critique is simply baseless as you don't want to accept what I was saying and wasn't saying. you can of course mention critique about an experience but saying that it is "wrong" simply makes no sense.

I only claim that I mention an experience when I actually just mentioned an experience, which is really really rare to happen. in fact I think this was one of the very first times I did this on this forum.

What I think is wrong is you’re taking your Experience and using it as a counter argument against Stats.
    Maybe that wasn’t your intention, and possibly I assumed just that.

Nothing wrong with stating an opinion or experience, that’s usually my first impression of every weapon, and that is huge, but when Math dictates otherwise, my own personal experience becomes meaningless, unless I have clear reason to believe the Math is wrong.
    In that case I’d be asking for a re-evaluation of the stats.

I think you are misguided by the Sound and the different scope of the Type 99, that is tricking you to thinking the gun has a faster bullet.

That’s it

You even said it yourself “ that something could be deceiving you
    im not using it as a counterargument because i never claimed that the stats are wrong. i said either the stats are not applicable to the game i play or im being deceived by something. thats not equivalent to claiming that the stats are wrong.....

Exactly, and as of right now im simply not sure where this discrepancy is coming from. As said before its not sound.... if i have to remind myself to lead less it can't be sound. if i simply was feeling like it goes faster due to sound i would, if anything, lead to little anticipating a faster bullet. but the opposite is the case, hence why i already said that its not sound. On top of that i often play without sound (listening to music instead)....
    the scope could of course be an issue though....

"You even said it yourself “ that something could be deceiving you" yeah i've been saying this since the very start of this conversation.... thats part of what im trying to point out here.
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    im not using it as a counterargument because i never claimed that the stats are wrong. i said either the stats are not applicable to the game i play or im being deceived by something. thats not equivalent to claiming that the stats are wrong.....

Exactly, and as of right now im simply not sure where this discrepancy is coming from. As said before its not sound.... if i have to remind myself to lead less it can't be sound. if i simply was feeling like it goes faster due to sound i would, if anything, lead to little anticipating a faster bullet. but the opposite is the case, hence why i already said that its not sound. On top of that i often play without sound (listening to music instead)....

"You even said it yourself “ that something could be deceiving you" yeah i've been saying this since the very start of this conversation.... thats part of what im trying to point out here.

Wow. You’re a piece of work.
    Especially when you say things like this.

“I'm not using it as a counterargument because i never claimed that the stats are wrong. i said either the stats are not applicable to the game i play or im being deceived by something. thats not equivalent to claiming that the stats are wrong.....”

Most people form opinions from their experiences.
    You say you experienced something else, and provide no evidence, and yet you say it’s not a “claim”?

Well what are you even trying to achieve here?

You basically describe that the stats are wrong, and yet you say you didn’t?

You also describe your “experiences” which most people form “opinions “ from.
    And yet you hide behind the word “experience “ to essentially be un-touchable
    from criticizism.

I’m done with this.
    Look reply all you want, get your last words in blah blah blah.

Just know I won’t read your response.
    And frankly I just don’t believe you, or anything you say.
    And let’s just leave it at that.....

• The_BERG_366
    2766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Wow. You’re a piece of work.
    Especially when you say things like this.

“I'm not using it as a counterargument because i never claimed that the stats are wrong. i said either the stats are not applicable to the game i play or im being deceived by something. thats not equivalent to claiming that the stats are wrong.....”

Most people form opinions from their experiences.
    You say you experienced something else, and provide no evidence, and yet you say it’s not a “claim”?

Well what are you even trying to achieve here?

You basically describe that the stats are wrong, and yet you say you didn’t?

You also describe your “experiences” which most people form “opinions “ from.
    And yet you hide behind the word “experience “ to essentially be un-touchable
    from criticizism.

I’m done with this.
    Look reply all you want, get your last words in blah blah blah.

Just know I won’t read your response.
    And frankly I just don’t believe you, or anything you say.
    And let’s just leave it at that.....

Well Its kind of hard to provide evidence for a weapon feeling a certain way to me.
    I wouldn't say that's a claim no. afaik a claim is a statement that simultaneously is implied to be absolutely true.
    Of course I explained what I experienced and hence automatically implied thst I truly did experience this. you can of course doubt that but why should I lie about that? I wouldn't gain anything from it.

I'm not trying to "achieve" anything. I just shared my experience regarding the topic as others seemed to have similar experiences to mine.

no im not ffs :joy:. I describe thst my experience doesn't fit the stats. that can have a thousand reasons and I have no idea which one it is. stats being wrong is of course one of them but im not convinced that this is actually the reason.

yes in deed, experiences and "facts". but just because you know one of my experiences doesn't mean you can deduce what my opinion on the subject is. you just act like your interpretation of my experience is necessarily my opinion... but it isn't. that's neither my fault nor is it me hiding behind something. that's just you not being able to differentiate.

I simply am not convinced of any possible explanation, hence I'm undecided. If I'm not convinced I'm not gonna make claims about the truth of something and I won't just take what I consider most likely and define that as my opinion...
  • BeastofBourbon84
    702 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    I read the whole thread and lost 10iq points in the process.
  • M_Rat13
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I read the whole thread and lost 10iq points in the process.

At least it's entertaining. Popcorn?
  • BeastofBourbon84
    702 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Don't mind if I do ;)