Stuck in death screen bug STILL!

XDCFluffy
267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
As title how is this still a thing?
This was a day one bug in a year old game.
Shot, someone attempts to revive me, now I am stuck in the death screen but not even the option to redeploy.
Quitting the game is the only option I have.

Maybe DICE should spend more time on the core game and less and pointless uniforms !

Comments

• EXILE157
    305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It happened to me this morning.
  • ZebraPops
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Another option to Alt+F4 is to wait for a squad wipe.
    I've had the 'death screen' bug several times but it always get fixed once a squad wipe occurs. So when it happens I just sit there silently hoping for squadmates to get killed (and not being revived) or urge them all to go on kamikaze runs.
  • Carbonic
    1935 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
  • FriedBulletsz
    10 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 15
    same bug happened to me and another player in the same server, 2 mins ago.
  • Violent_Rumble
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A mate and I have come to the conclusion it only happens to us when we die next to a resupply station.
    Can anyone else confirm this or is it just coincidence?
    Carbonic said:
    It's been a known bug for 12 months and only added to the trello board 3 months ago, good to see our reports are getting to the powers that be..
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/176521/cannot-spawn-no-spawnpoints-or-dead-bleedout-at-map-stuck

• Carbonic
    1935 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    A mate and I have come to the conclusion it only happens to us when we die next to a resupply station.
    Carbonic said:
    It's been a known bug for 12 months and only added to the trello board 3 months ago, good to see our reports are getting to the powers that be..
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/176521/cannot-spawn-no-spawnpoints-or-dead-bleedout-at-map-stuck

It happens next to things that can be rebuilt I believe.

The Trello board is not an exhaustive list.
    Also, the Trello board is relatively new and the bug was added around 1 month after it was released and it takes some time to re-confirm rare bugs like these (and if and what changes have happened with the bug) after a patch release.
  • Hawkhill_no
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    16. january 2020 - More often than ever, like daily it feels - HOW IS THIS STILL NOT FIXED, FFS!!!!!! Getting in to a good game, as there is also still, no autobalance, is worse than ever. 

XDCFluffy said:
    As title how is this still a thing?
    This was a day one bug in a year old game.
    Shot, someone attempts to revive me, now I am stuck in the death screen but not even the option to redeploy.
    Quitting the game is the only option I have.

Maybe DICE should spend more time on the core game and less and pointless uniforms !

• Hawkhill_no
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, this seems to be the case for me also, last 3 times I'm sure.

Carbonic said:
    Carbonic said:

It happens next to things that can be rebuilt I believe.

The Trello board is not an exhaustive list.
    Also, the Trello board is relatively new and the bug was added around 1 month after it was released and it takes some time to re-confirm rare bugs like these (and if and what changes have happened with the bug) after a patch release.

• Shrapnel-69
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I had last night and yes was next to a building station i couldnt get out of game nothing worked, had to switch pc off and reboot...
  • Carbonic
    I had last night and yes was next to a building station i couldnt get out of game nothing worked, had to switch pc off and reboot...
    alt+f4 or escape --> quit should work fine. No reason to power of the computer.
  • Hawkhill_no
    Yup, just BFV, no need to shut down pc. Even though just as painful.
  • Hawkhill_no
    Now its definite. Lying down, building something and getting shot, dont have to be objective area.
  • Blaztardz
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Happened to me tonight. While building out an ammo resupply I was shot and then stuck with no option.
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 10
    I had it too yesterday, and last week. Was not building anything and not next to resupply station either. I pressed some buttons though to get into menu quick. That nwver hapoened ofcourse. This time it was on solomon islands.
  • Dm10O
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It can still happen, like 5 minutes ago for me on Hamada (Breakthrough).

I died by a bomber plane inside FLAK AA gun. Then i saw a support team mate repairing said FLAK gun while I was lying on the ground. I decided to bleed out and not wait for a revive, then I was stuck in the death screen permanently. This is awful since you gotta leave the server to be able to play again..

So yes, I was next to something that can be re-built, and someone was actually rebuilding it with the wrench while I had it happen. So that looks like it's the same bug as originally described. Why is EA never able to fix it, after so many months and bug reports? EA has developers right? Or did they all leave?

Like for real. This kind of stuff impacts the playing experience. The game got released with this bug, and it will just NEVER be fixed during the entire lifecycle of Battlefield 5?

• Dm10O
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Actually, here is a video to prove it: https://streamable.com/0i14x
  • PsiHo1389
    86 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    +1
    Happened to me every day -.-'
  • Odds1979
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is an annoying bug. You don't have to alt+F4 to resolve this, you just need a squad wipe and you will be able to spawn again.
  • buckiebull
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I got stuck in the death screen about two days ago, only way out was to quit the game!
  • Requi3mX
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Three times in two days. All whilst being bombed next to fortifications that have been built. Ridiculous that this is even a 'thing' in the game so long after release. (And agree on the uniforms, especially when so many of them are crap.)