Weekly Debrief

Battlefield still beats CoD!

HugoPlayNow
68 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Well, I finally played Call of Duty Modern Warfare...which is really a warmed over 360 game, and it feels like it.  After playing it a bit I got the same empty dissapointed feeling. Like when I tried to play CoD WW2 last year.  It's just such a half **** attempt!  Once again, I got a renewed appreciation for the BF franchise.

I know folks here are a bit frustrated with BF5, but it IS coming along!  And compared to the CoD series, BF beats it hands down.  CoD makes you realize how much more realistically your soldier moves in BF.  Hell, when prone on CoD, you can't even move!

I just wanted to say, if some of you guys are frustrated with some minor issues with BF5, The BF series in general is still the best FPS multiplayer going!  Anyone considering CoD, don't waste your money....it Just doesn't hold up.

Bring on Iwo Jima!!!!

Comments

• Juggaloki666
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Might wanna think again about the realism in bf5. I'll give it to you that there are quite a few things in bf5 that are realistic, but being able to stay perfectly lined up ads and still move around while prone is completely unrealistic. If you can prove me wrong then i invite you to do so, providing you can show video evidence of you actually doing so. And i can guarantee that any soldier that serves or has ever served in any military would agree with me.
  • HugoPlayNow
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I guess my point is that BF just feels better when playing.  And I'm not just talking BF5...I am referring to the whole series.  I bounce between BF5, BF1 and sometimes BF 4, and they just have a better feel.

Playing CoD was such a let down that it just reminded me how much better BF feels and looks when playing.

Though I'm not intent on completely trashing CoD, as I'm sure there are many who like how it plays, but hey...this is a BF forum, so why not mention what they did right with this game?   :)
  • DangerousSID
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This game i like picking your nose with boxinggloves on.
  • SixTouge
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    After playing COD recently, I definitely agree. It's not that COD is a bad game, to it's credit things generally work properly, but it's just not the same. I'm one of the few that have actually really liked BFV from the beginning, I just wish they could get it working right all the time. In my opinion, in those brief windows when V works correctly, it's brilliant. The hitreg and TTK/TTD inconsistencies are the main thing that let BFV down.
  • akk_fin
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think that Cod MWs TTK and TTD ratios are far better than BFV. Actually you get killed but you can kill too. Cod TDM-maps are rather small and hectic, not BF style. Instead Groundwar is more like BF, I liked it.
  • HugoPlayNow
    Oh yeah....I'll agree......CoD MW kills are FAST!  And yes...you can give as good as you can get.

BF series in general just has a nice feel to it...just the way you move and how the kills register.

BFV does have those close quarter Conquest maps for faster action.
  • SixTouge
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Movement felt to me like the biggest difference with the two. In COD I think the TTK/TTD is actually slightly slower compared to BFV, but the movement in COD is so much slower it ends up feeling effectively much quicker TTK/TTD than BF, because once someone opens up on you there's really no getting out of the way. The movement in COD doesn't feel like it matters, running, crouching, walking, prone all have distinct pros/cons in BF, but in COD it doesn't feel nearly as effective at keeping you from getting hit.
  • HugoPlayNow
    CoD seems to have a more aggressive aim assist...even adjustable in the menu.  (And that's console)

Sure BF5 is still working out bugs, but the basic feel of it is near perfect!  My only real gripe about 5 is how stingy they are with AP/AT mines and stationary weapons.
  • normzzzzzy
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield for multiplayer. COD for story. this CODs story in particular is amazing and you can’t deny that.
  • HugoPlayNow
    Actually, I AM looking forward to playing the CoD campaign at some point.  I have read where the story is really good.

So far I was just comparing the multiplayer experience.

Thanks for the heads up on the CoD campaign!   :)
  • normzzzzzy
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Actually, I AM looking forward to playing the CoD campaign at some point.  I have read where the story is really good.

So far I was just comparing the multiplayer experience.

Thanks for the heads up on the CoD campaign!   :)

Campaign is definitely worth your time mate.
  • rock1obsta
    3811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In all aspects except campaign you are correct. The CoD stories have consistently delivered awesome experiences. Personally, I(like many others) remember the mission "No Russian" absolutely blowing me away.

I expect no less from this one. Maybe more considering how they hyped it up