Weekly BF

Pacific Storm, best of the two maps

xHonest_Abe
142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited November 1
I walk through a small village on this map for the first time yesterday, I thought I was playing on an updated Battlefield 1942 or Bad Company map. It brought back good memories B) . I did not care too much for the second map, no jungle to hide. Just the tunnels. But all was fun if your team can hold the beach . The first beginning minutes are critical to win the game.

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    13421 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Pacific storm reminded me OH SO MUCH of Paracel Storm from BF4.

Iwa Jima was the icing on the Battlefield cake.

I just can't get over how good these maps really are.
  • ShinjukuGagball
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Both these maps are quite amazing, I've had some of the most awesome experiences in the whole game on these two maps since they arrived. THIS is the BFV I wanted in terms of fantastic gameplay and map design!
  • RayD_O1
    628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Iwa Jima was the icing on the Battlefield cake.

I just can't get over how good these maps really are.
    Agreed, these maps seem to capture the feeling of being there, more realism. They put a lot of work into these maps, credit to DICE.
  • Toxile
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Credit where credit is due. Played the maps for the first time last night and had such a fantastic evening. Really good fun and intense. Wp Dice
  • CharlesReign
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was there when the debacle known as BF4 began. Since then BF1 has been excellent and BF5 much better than both. Obviously everybody likes BF4 after they fixed it. These are great maps. Play PUBG or CSGO and come back to BF5. It would win game of the year after playing those broken games. Keep up the good work EA. Next BF version same deal as BF5. 

I now have a Ryzen R5 3600 @ 4.2ghz no throttling or turbo just 4.2ghz. Great CPU. May my i5 3570k R.I.P upstairs. It has been delegated to a backup PC. 

Agree that Pacific Storm is the best of the new maps. 
  • Christo04002283
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nah Pacific storm sucks because the attackers can't advance or take any objective because it takes too long to deploy a landing craft on the shore and still I can't see a thing in this game so every enemy player is hiding in the bushes making it hard to play and take the objectives. I've played 10 matches where I was on the attacking side and we have never been able to advance to the next objective. You have to do something about this. Hopefully I'm not the only one noticing this imbalance.
  • xHonest_Abe
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nah Pacific storm sucks because the attackers can't advance or take any objective because it takes too long to deploy a landing craft on the shore and still I can't see a thing in this game so every enemy player is hiding in the bushes making it hard to play and take the objectives.

It probably gets better after more players learn the map. The US team was more successful when I played when the majority of the troops first landed in the rear of the island where the small fishing village is. Too many Japanese are waiting at the front beach at the beginning of the game and make it easy to wipe the US troops out while landing. Maybe a conquest map is in the making, this would make the Japanese spread out thinly and open up plenty of opportunities for a better landings. I have been on a few US teams that made it up to the mountains. You could tell those guys were well organized and knew the map well.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My only issue with Iwo jima is the players. Other than that I love both maps.
  • CSO7777
    1360 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nah Pacific storm sucks because the attackers can't advance or take any objective because it takes too long to deploy a landing craft on the shore and still I can't see a thing in this game so every enemy player is hiding in the bushes making it hard to play and take the objectives.

It probably gets better after more players learn the map. The US team was more successful when I played when the majority of the troops first landed in the rear of the island where the small fishing village is. Too many Japanese are waiting at the front beach at the beginning of the game and make it easy to wipe the US troops out while landing. Maybe a conquest map is in the making, this would make the Japanese spread out thinly and open up plenty of opportunities for a better landings. I have been on a few US teams that made it up to the mountains. You could tell those guys were well organized and knew the map well.
    I think you can play both maps on conquest, but they were designed with breakthrough in mind.

They both play very well, but as always breakthrough can be a little though (/boring), if the teams are not well balanced. I have played 4-5 times on Pacific storm and 2 times the attackers couldn't even take the first capture points.
  • TFBisquit
    1742 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They are pretty decent. I gave them an 8 in the survey. Not for playability, which isn’t great in BT.
    But overall captivating.
  • xHonest_Abe
    One thing I noticed on the Pacific Storm map is that on certain areas between the small island are fish. Take a swim in the lagoons and you will see tropical fish looking at you. I've never seen that on a Battlefield map. :o I will give Dice a 10 rating on that for detail work. There should be no whining about this, guys. Before you know it we will have mine laying dauphins, and then there will be a whining campaign to nerf them like everything else on the forum. :D
  • trip1ex
    4955 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    One thing I noticed on the Pacific Storm map is that on certain areas between the small island are fish. Take a swim in the lagoons and you will see tropical fish looking at you. I've never seen that on a Battlefield map. :o I will give Dice a 10 rating on that for detail work. There should be no whining about this, guys. Before you know it we will have mine laying dauphins, and then there will be a whining campaign to nerf them like everything else on the forum. :D
    The fish just remind me that their priorities are out of whack and they could spent their money better elsewhere.  :)
  • EXILE157
    239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It took a year for us to actually bring back the old style BF roots! with these 2 Maps! It's by far the Best, I don't even want to go back to the previous maps. the only thing I don't like is the lack of characters to choose from and gear... How I wish we can go back to a 6 Man Squad!!!
  • xHonest_Abe
    edited November 9
    Playing conquest on Pacific Storm to me is the most enjoyable of all Battlefield 5 maps. When a couple of the enemy spots you at a distance, you have a chance to run and hide in the thick jungle and set up an ambush. Or driving the landing craft boat all the way to the other side of the map dropping off troops when the enemy has most of the flags and your team is boxed in. Sweet :D This map is hard for the tanker to score any points who sits on one side of the maps. You have to be an experience tanker on the move to keep the enemy from sneaking behind you in the jungle to blow you up with C4. All that detail on the map is worth buying a high end graphics card to see it all. I have a Geforce RTX 2070, not at top of the line, but the graphics from this map is extremely good and makes you feel the battle is real.

• EdwinSpangler
    1792 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Been waiting for someone to say this.. Isnt there a shark in both as well??
  • ragnarok013
    3412 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

EdwinSpangler I read that Paracel Storm was the inspiration for Pacific Storm. I thought the same thing when I first played it and it's one of my favorite maps in BF5.
  • RayD_O1
    628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

This one .!!

• BaronVonGoon
    6939 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    EdwinSpangler I read that Paracel Storm was the inspiration for Pacific Storm. I thought the same thing when I first played it and it's one of my favorite maps in BF5.

hmmm I agree design wise but aesthetically it gave me Lost Islands vibes without the plane fuselage in the middle of the map, the fuselage ended up in the middle of the Iwo Jima map instead for some reason lol.
  • xHonest_Abe
    Maybe we will have this during Christmas

I never understood what the telephone on the church roof was all about.

• ragnarok013
    3412 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    (Quote)

hmmm I agree design wise but aesthetically it gave me Lost Islands vibes without the plane fuselage in the middle of the map, the fuselage ended up in the middle of the Iwo Jima map instead for some reason lol.
    BaronVonGoon you are right about the aesthetics it does have the Lost Islands look!