Weekly Debrief

Why go Backwards?

EXILE157
233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited November 2
Now we only have (3) Males Characters on both U.S.A and Japan to choose from on this Pacific Theater Update, plus the cosmetics that were purchased cant even be completely used on Pacific...

I used to be able to choose from (10) different Male characters for the Allies which is great for a specific class...Now I have to choose the same character twice, there are only (3) choices for a (4 man squad)... No, I don't want to use the "Elite Character" because you can't change their gear, plus they look all out of place in the Pacific Theater.

EA/DICE - WHY!?... By giving us now only (3) options out of (10 ) - that's pretty much force-feeding unwanted characters... Just give us back the option to choose multiple characters.

Comments

• Matty101yttam
    1054 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It would only be going backwards if this was a linear progression of locked gameplay, the other theatre's are still open to be played...that content is still there.
    This new theatres starting a new line so it will get content, your comparing a new section of the game that has features coming to an old one that is already established and had time to evolve.
  • EXILE157
    233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It would only be going backwards if this was a linear progression of locked gameplay, the other theatre's are still open to be played...that content is still there.
    This new theatres starting a new line so it will get content, your comparing a new section of the game that has features coming to an old one that is already established and had time to evolve.

This is a game and we should be able to choose from (10) different Male characters from the Allies, they are not "different looking" to the Americans. Those character content should be available overall.

No. I'm not comparing any sections, adding well established characters as options has nothing to do with "evolving" ... You trying to tell me that EA/DICE couldnt come up with a 4th Male character or just add the 10 already established characters facial features because is a new section now??... Please don't fool yourself into believeing that bs... It's a very simple thing for EA/DICE to do, especially with already established characters in the game. 

It's all about $$$$ for future puschases of characters, cosmetic and elite soldiers.
  • iamwiener
    157 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I always use the same character+uniform for every class and even try to make them look alike across fractions. I'm not a schizo (or rather DID) XD
  • Matty101yttam
    1054 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i still don't see how you think it's going backwards if adding things is going forwards and you can still play old content
  • Carbonic
    1478 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I do agree there should probably have been 4 soldiers instead of 3 for the new factions so you could have a unique look for each class.
    Besides that, I'm happy if the time was spent on the maps instead of making 2 x 10 different soldiers compared to the 6 we got.
  • EXILE157
    edited November 3
    Carbonic said:
    I do agree there should probably have been 4 soldiers instead of 3 for the new factions so you could have a unique look for each class.
    Besides that, I'm happy if the time was spent on the maps instead of making 2 x 10 different soldiers compared to the 6 we got.
    I do agree on the 2 maps Best by far and should have been from the start. Also, notice the changes in Squads since BF franchise, it keeps degrading from 6 to 5 and now 4 Man Squad.

Now if you have 6 friends or family members playing, you have to split the squad into a 3 Man Squad and that becomes chaotic and confusing communicating on TS plus able to identify the other split squad on the chaotic battle from distance, compared to all 6 being in the same Squad showing in Green identifying your Squad members on the field. I sure miss those days.  
    Post edited by EXILE157 on
  • EXILE157
    i still don't see how you think it's going backwards if adding things is going forwards and you can still play old content
    Because you're blind to that fact. Yes, you can play progress and purchased old content, but not on those 2 specific new maps... Again the Allied Characters with detailed options in uniforms are practically the same as the Americans, which by the way were designed and influenced by both British and French... So by EA/DICE not adding those options is thinking backward.

Again - It's all about $$$$ for future purchases of characters, cosmetic and elite soldiers.
  • CSO7777
    1301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    EXILE157 said:
    Carbonic said:
    I do agree on the 2 maps Best by far and should have been from the start.
    Hopefully the Pacific maps marks a change in direction for Dice and they keep on focusing on 'iconic' battles instead of 'unknown' battles. Seems like they finally understand that this is what the community wants.

Also the quality of the latest maps (OU included) is really good (better than almost all vanilla maps), if they continue like this, BFV could become one of the better BF-games in the end.
  • RayD_O1
    606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Totally agree definitely a step in the right direction.
  • EXILE157
    CSO7777 said:
    EXILE157 said:
    Carbonic said:
    I do agree on the 2 maps Best by far and should have been from the start.
    Hopefully the Pacific maps marks a change in direction for Dice and they keep on focusing on 'iconic' battles instead of 'unknown' battles. Seems like they finally understand that this is what the community wants.

Also the quality of the latest maps (OU included) is really good (better than almost all vanilla maps), if they continue like this, BFV could become one of the better BF-games in the end.
    Agree, They're feeling the heat from us and hopefully, if they continue to listen going the right direction they will bring us Vietnam with these graphics! Most importantly focus on an anti-hack software that will actually work and Independent Servers!
  • Matty101yttam
    EXILE157 said:
    Because you're blind to that fact. Yes, you can play progress and purchased old content, but not on those 2 specific new maps... Again the Allied Characters with detailed options in uniforms are practically the same as the Americans, which by the way were designed and influenced by both British and French... So by EA/DICE not adding those options is thinking backward.

Again - It's all about $$$$ for future purchases of characters, cosmetic and elite soldiers.
    It may not be the right direction, but it's still not backwards, backwards indicates you are in less of a position now than where you were...that's just not happened. The old content is still there they've just taken 3 steps left before going forwards again.
  • Mercnet
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly, I don't see the point here. It is there for those with too much money and not enough sense. I personally am not looking at your pixels to admire your EMO look with a gas mask. I am just shooting at the enemy.
  • EXILE157
    Mercnet said:
    Honestly, I don't see the point here. It is there for those with too much money and not enough sense. I personally am not looking at your pixels to admire your EMO look with a gas mask. I am just shooting at the enemy.

Honestly, it seems like you have no sense because you're missing the point.

"It's not there for those with too much money and not enough sense"
    - You don't buy the ones you earn as you play, it's call assignment unlocks.

"I personally am not looking at your pixels to admire your EMO look with a gas mask"
    -Through assignments or purchases it's by choice, you do have those options choosing specific looking characters and gear, I always do my best set my specific characters to look different from each squad member and especially to (( blend within the environment )) making it hard for the enemy to see you and it works, unless you're busy spotting or firing flares up in the air as a sniper. I could care less about gas masks and colored scarfs.
  • EXILE157
    EXILE157 said:

It may not be the right direction, but it's still not backwards, backwards indicates you are in less of a position now than where you were...that's just not happened. The old content is still there they've just taken 3 steps left before going forwards again.
    So taking away 10 - 12 specific established character skin and not allowing it to be used on Pacific Theater, that to you is not in a "less position" than where we were...That did just happened. The "old" skin can't be used on the 2 new maps, that's 3 steps back not left...

I'm done... You're 3 steps behind.