Weekly BF

Zero better then Corsair..

xXHappy_PuppyXx
174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited November 4
After flying both a lot the Zero is just better.

The biggest issue is gun convergence or lack of gun convergence on the Corsairs. The Zeros inline mgs are far superior then the wing mounted on the Corsair. Do to the lack of convergance on the Corsair. One of the wing mounted guns will miss most of the time while one hits vs the Zero where both hit consistently. The Zeros ablity to put both barrels worth of damage in the same section of the enemy resulting in much better and consistent damage.

This issue is most telling on the F4-A1 vs the A6M2.

The second issue is the A6M2 tech tree. The 3rd unlock greatly favors the A6M2. Finned barrels + the advantage on inline mgs make it the clear winner vs the Corsair bubble canopy and wing mounted mgs. Bubble canopy is worthless but you have to take it to get ground attack cannons and incendiary bombs. Unless there is a forced cockpit game mode the bubble canopy is just a waste vs finned barrels.

I noticed I shot down Corsairs twice as fast in my Zero vs the Corsair downing Zeros. Talking strictly time to kill here.

If anything the finned barrels should be a Corsair unlock as it needs the extra firing time to make up for the poor performance of the wing mgs vs the Zeros inline mgs. Or they need away to set the convergence range on the Corsair guns.

Now before someone says in real life blahs blah blah. I'm strictly looking at game balance. In real life Zero had a slim chance of beating a Corsair as the Corsair was faster, climb higher and better armored. Japanese would need something like a N1k to compete. This is game play I'm talking about and the Corsair F4U-A1 is at a distinct disadvantage imo.

Comments

• NLBartmaN
    3566 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hitreg with Corsair seems broken ...

Even when having the same specs, bullets seem to register very poorly and do less damage ...
  • UNFMoose
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:

Even when having the same specs, bullets seem to register very poorly and do less damage ...
    I noticed this yesterday. Seemed like I just wasn't getting hits at all when flying the Corsair.
  • StealthAria
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

Part of not having convergence on wing guns; you're unlikely to hit with more than 1 gun at a time, and it's incredibly difficult to keep your guns on target at all during maneuvers. Hit reg and everything is fine on the Corsair, it's just the accuracy sucks because the guns don't converge.
  • NLBartmaN

Part of not having convergence on wing guns; you're unlikely to hit with more than 1 gun at a time, and it's incredibly difficult to keep your guns on target at all during maneuvers. Hit reg and everything is fine on the Corsair, it's just the accuracy sucks because the guns don't converge.
    Even the napalm/fire bombs have less damage area and less damage ... not just the main gun, etc ...
    There is something serious wrong with or unbalanced between the planes ...
  • xXHappy_PuppyXx
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 4

(Quote)
    Even the napalm/fire bombs have less damage area and less damage ... not just the main gun, etc ...
    There is something serious wrong with or unbalanced between the planes ...

Ya I agree with the convergence issue... they need to increase damage per gun or allow us to set a convergence. Even if they allow us to set it the Zero has the advantage with finned barrels vs bubble canopy though.

As far as damage to ground target I really wasn't paying attention to that as cannon strafing seems to be the same. I'll need to check out incendiary bombs next time I'm on.
  • oX_-oBIGBOSS-FoX
    238 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Agree. Zero has better gun position and better spec tree than Corsair albeit both of them have the same turning performance.
  • mf_shro0m
    1854 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thank you for bringing this up, trying to level up my corsairs has been driving me 🤬 crazy

I’ve used the zeros and the Corsairs about the same amount, like I might’ve spent ~20% more time in the 1a zero than in the M2 Corsair, and yet my Zero’s level 6 whilst my corsair’s still level 1

Imo they should look at the average accuracy of the guns on the planes amongst all players (or a representative sample) and make up for the difference (d) by buffing damage by ~0.8d , so the most skilled pilots can’t abuse the extra damage

I don’t think they should buff the corsairs’ armour because the average TTK in corsairs is too long
  • xXHappy_PuppyXx
    Thank you for bringing this up, trying to level up my corsairs has been driving me 🤬 crazy

I’ve used the zeros and the Corsairs about the same amount, like I might’ve spent ~20% more time in the 1a zero than in the M2 Corsair, and yet my Zero’s level 6 whilst my corsair’s still level 1

Imo they should look at the average accuracy of the guns on the planes amongst all players (or a representative sample) and make up for the difference (d) by buffing damage by ~0.8d , so the most skilled pilots can’t abuse the extra damage

I don’t think they should buff the corsairs’ armour because the average TTK in corsairs is too long

If they just set a convergence it would help a ton. If they dont then each mg needs a big boost like 20 to 30% increase. Many times only one mg will hit and even if both hit its spread to two different parts of the enemy plane.

• xeNizKing
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agree. Zero has better gun position and better spec tree than Corsair albeit both of them have the same turning performance.
    Ive got to be honest, it really doesn't feel like the corsair has the same turn performance. I always get out turned in a corsair and I always out turn corsairs in my zero. Something is off there as well.
  • M_Rat13
    1357 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That's if the Corsair even gets airborne, considering how much the carrier is mined by Zeros.
  • xXHappy_PuppyXx
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    That's if the Corsair even gets airborne, considering how much the carrier is mined by Zeros.

LoL... well that goes both ways.... or an America Tank shelling the air field.

Agree though not sure how that got past play testers and needs to be looked at.
  • mf_shro0m
    1854 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    xeNizKing wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Ive got to be honest, it really doesn't feel like the corsair has the same turn performance. I always get out turned in a corsair and I always out turn corsairs in my zero. Something is off there as well.

Yeh I’ve felt that the corsair feels clunkier too.

Someone messed up bad
  • SendTheInfantry
    788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How are their stalling characteristics?
  • NLBartmaN
    How are their stalling characteristics?
    Crashed a couple of times to figure that out ... so not that good ;)
  • xXHappy_PuppyXx
    xeNizKing wrote: »
    (Quote)

Yeh I’ve felt that the corsair feels clunkier too.

Someone messed up bad

I'm thinking it's the roll rate. Once in a turn they are even but it feels like the roll rate of the zero is faster give it an advantage.

You start your turn get the opponent to match then roll the plane the other direction and most times the Corsair pilot can't match it letting you get behind them.
  • JediMastaWyn
    535 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Feels like Zero can out stall and out turn the Corsair. Planes still do this thing where they just hang in the air at about 15 knots :s

Guns are not that great on the Corsair either, big regret going with the Corsairs 4x 20MM cannons instead of  4x LMGs Even the explosive cannons are weak fighter to fighter 

The tech trees need to do more to create a difference in performances. 
  • Hawxxeye
    6281 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Feels like Zero can out stall and out turn the Corsair. Planes still do this thing where they just hang in the air at about 15 knots :s

Guns are not that great on the Corsair either, big regret going with the Corsairs 4x 20MM cannons instead of  4x LMGs Even the explosive cannons are weak fighter to fighter 

The tech trees need to do more to create a difference in performances. 
    I find that the better fighters are the variants with the 4 HMGs that can be upgraded to 6 HMGs. If the HMGs have the same starts as the ones on older planes then 6 HMGs means 12.5% more damage per second than the 8 LMGs of the spitfire VA.
    I would stick to attacking the ground with the variants that have the 4x 20mm HE cannons.
  • xXHappy_PuppyXx
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)

I find that the better fighters are the variants with the 4 HMGs that can be upgraded to 6 HMGs. If the HMGs have the same starts as the ones on older planes then 6 HMGs means 12.5% more damage per second than the 8 LMGs of the spitfire VA..I would stick to attacking the ground with the variants that have the 4x 20mm HE cannons.

Well ya the F4U-1C 4x heavy are the air superiority fighters even so the Zeros version is still better but it's not as drastic compared to the A1. I can, with out much trouble out dog fight a F4U-1C in any of the Zero variants.
  • BlackWidow88x
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I thought I was the only one that noticed this. The bubble canopy is USELESS. Whoever thought of implementing it in the game needs a good slap in the face. Convergence on the corsair would be great at about 100m in my opinion. 
  • JediMastaWyn
    535 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I thought I was the only one that noticed this. The bubble canopy is USELESS. Whoever thought of implementing it in the game needs a good slap in the face. Convergence on the corsair would be great at about 100m in my opinion. 
    I have the bubble canopy  :D It's completely pointless unless you are playing a nonexistent Hardcore mode. What a waste and the grind is real with this plane!