Zero better then Corsair..

13»

Comments

  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs wrote: »
    The grind for planes is absurd. I've used them pretty much every chance I can and had a decent amount of success with them. For my time put in, three of my planes are have 1/4 progress on level 0, and my fourth has zero progress period.

    It's pure hardcore play-to-win favoring no-lifer pilots. They'll max up their planes long before the rest of us will get anywhere and just outperform us with their categorically better aircraft rather than skill. This isn't a problem for infantry weapons or tanks, just planes. Terrible design.

    Edit: And then I suddenly got good and leveled up two different planes in one match.

    Told you dude you just needed to git gud

    Seriously tho putting improved manoeuvrability in tier 6 was stupid af and I’m sick of neckbeards out-turning me
  • WesleyF09
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The addition of a Convergence Point would be awesome!!
  • xXHappy_PuppyXx
    195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    I went with the 20mm HE Cannons on all but the A6M2 (since at the time I didn't actually know about it). Crap for fighter-to-fighter, but since all I wanted was to max level the planes I found the 20mms better since killing a bunch of infantry on an objective was far better for me than chasing tails of enemy fighters for 5 Minutes.

    Well cannons are ground attack weapons for both the Zero and Corsair.

    The issue is the defualt twin guns on the Zero drastically out perform the ones on the Corsair.

    The Zero then have the upgrade with finned barrels adds insult to injury. Making the Zero able to ground strafe like a Champ with quad 20mm with explosive and still shot down other fighters with ease with its twin mgs.

    As someone who has all them rank 6 the difference between the two is pretty drastic.

    Yes the Corsair C variant when equipped with 6x heavys can become a effective dogfighter it loses its ground attack capability to achieve that. While the Zero can be an effective dogfighter no matter what role its equipped for... that is a big problem.

    A tip though... don't take smoke on any plane in the Pacific. You lose the repair and with every tom, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and hairy running around with AA now you dont want to be without a emergency repair. Plus its helpful if a fighter is on you, you can circle your airfield and just keep repairing till the offending fighter runs out of ammo.

  • ChickenTheTank
    834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs wrote: »
    The grind for planes is absurd. I've used them pretty much every chance I can and had a decent amount of success with them. For my time put in, three of my planes are have 1/4 progress on level 0, and my fourth has zero progress period.

    It's pure hardcore play-to-win favoring no-lifer pilots. They'll max up their planes long before the rest of us will get anywhere and just outperform us with their categorically better aircraft rather than skill. This isn't a problem for infantry weapons or tanks, just planes. Terrible design.

    Edit: And then I suddenly got good and leveled up two different planes in one match.

    You're leveling your planes completely wrong. Focus on one at a time, that way youth don't end up with 4 planes at level 2 that can't kill anything for a month. Focusing on one at a time gives you a lot more time to use planes in a useful state.
  • Hawxxeye
    7554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Max leveled Zero + try hard pilot = Corshair purgatory.
    The Corshair needs a facelift fast
  • SirBobdk
    5293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It creates another imbalance. I have noticed that the good pilots almost only wants to use the Zero and leave the server at map change when they have to play US.
    Often there is a big difference in experience between US pilots and Japanese pilots, where the experienced are on the japanese side.

  • ChickenTheTank
    834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't understand this thread, or the points being made. I perform drastically better on the corsair than in the zero. It's more maneuverable than the zero, and in every BF there's been, the more maneuverable plane is the best plane, regardless of loadout.

    I did take the 6xHMG on the corsair 4FU though, which shreds zeros like crazy. Maybe that's why I feel so disconnected from everyone else's opinion? I just don't understand :/
  • BtheReaper49
    371 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The finned barrels on the Zero make a huge difference. I gave the LMG'S a whirl on the Corsair because they're supposed to be "effective" for short range dog fights. Yeah right, until you face the INSANELY fast overheat. You'll only do about 30-40 damage before overheating.
    And even burst firing gives fairly low damage with a fast uptick on the overheat meter. Any Zero pilot worth his salt that can maneuver just keeps going until one of his teammates gets on your tail then you're done. The most you can hope for is that they're already damaged to a good degree and that you can finish him off if he just flies in a straight line. Yup the Zero setup is just better offensively and they still have the same defensive capabilities with HE cannons and incendiaries. I hope Dice figures out a way to level this a bit
  • Hawxxeye
    7554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The finned barrels on the Zero make a huge difference. I gave the LMG'S a whirl on the Corsair because they're supposed to be "effective" for short range dog fights. Yeah right, until you face the INSANELY fast overheat. You'll only do about 30-40 damage before overheating.
    And even burst firing gives fairly low damage with a fast uptick on the overheat meter. Any Zero pilot worth his salt that can maneuver just keeps going until one of his teammates gets on your tail then you're done. The most you can hope for is that they're already damaged to a good degree and that you can finish him off if he just flies in a straight line. Yup the Zero setup is just better offensively and they still have the same defensive capabilities with HE cannons and incendiaries. I hope Dice figures out a way to level this a bit
    I  fear they will take the boring path of nerfing the zero instead of  improving the corshair
  • BtheReaper49
    371 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I  fear they will take the boring path of nerfing the zero instead of  improving the corshair

    I think that's what will happen as well. If they reduced some of the overhest in the Corsair 1A I think it would be ok. If I'm in a Zero I rarely get taken out by a Corsair 1A. It's usually FF's or AA guns. But if I'm in a Corsair, I get downed constantly by Zero M2' AND M5's.
    Although I was recently Zero M2 and got taken out consistently by a Corsair 1C who was an excellent pilot. He must have had that sucker really ranked up. But that was definitely the exception rather than the rule
  • Hawxxeye
    7554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I  fear they will take the boring path of nerfing the zero instead of  improving the corshair

    I think that's what will happen as well. If they reduced some of the overhest in the Corsair 1A I think it would be ok. If I'm in a Zero I rarely get taken out by a Corsair 1A. It's usually FF's or AA guns. But if I'm in a Corsair, I get downed constantly by Zero M2' AND M5's.
    Although I was recently Zero M2 and got taken out consistently by a Corsair 1C who was an excellent pilot. He must have had that sucker really ranked up. But that was definitely the exception rather than the rule
    They should make the better canopy baseline and put the Fined barrels in the canopy's place
  • BtheReaper49
    371 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)
    They should make the better canopy baseline and put the Fined barrels in the canopy's place

    Yes!! That would be fantastic
  • SQHDP
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    None of them works for me. Doesn't matter how much or how accurate I shoot an enemy on the ground, I can see the explosions right over them and it doesn't count as damage. I can't level up the planes like this. Only got one kill with the Zero with the standard bombs. Idk how these dudes from YT get three kills every two shoots
  • Hawxxeye
    7554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SQHDP said:
    None of them works for me. Doesn't matter how much or how accurate I shoot an enemy on the ground, I can see the explosions right over them and it doesn't count as damage. I can't level up the planes like this. Only got one kill with the Zero with the standard bombs. Idk how these dudes from YT get three kills every two shoots
    The first two levels before the high explosives are hell. You are better off trying to assist other planes who are under attack by  enemy fighters. Those points will help getting to level 2
  • SQHDP
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)
    The first two levels before the high explosives are hell. You are better off trying to assist other planes who are under attack by  enemy fighters. Those points will help getting to level 2

    Yeah I know, but this has to be some kind of bug. I was always great with vehicles and now I can't kill a single enemy.
  • JediMastaWyn
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    The Corsair  F4U-1A and Zero A62M2 are supposed to be similar. Yet the Corsairs wing mounted 4x LMGS are far inferior to the Zeros' inline machine guns which can simply put more rounds onto a target compared to the F4U-1A. Add in that the Zero A6M2 gets 'finned barrels' at rank 3, while the corsair get's a 'Full blown canopy'  :D  leads to the Zero being able to shred the Corsairs in most engagements 

    As others have pointed out there needs to be a convergence point for the Corsairs LMG's 
    Buff the high explosive cannons in air 2 air 
Sign In or Register to comment.