Weekly BF

Low Performance with 5700 XT

MockingBirdRendy
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Since the Underground Map patch my GPU goes only to 60% power resulting in lower FPS and Stuttering.

Before the update i could play the game at 1440p Ultra settings with 80+fps.
After the Underground Map update at 1440p Ultra Settings 50+fps

GPU doesnt go above 1,3GHz, mostly its at 1,1GHz.
I looked at all CPU cores/Threads and not a single one goes over 80% usage.
Ram usage is at around 10GB
VRam at 4-5GB depending on map and settings.
FFR is disabled because the game stutters too much.

BF1 Runs at 1440p Ultra Settings with 100+fps
Other Games Run fine and the GPU clocks to 1,8GHz

I tried older Drivers and also the Newest one, doesnt change a single thing.
Reinstalled the Game with deleting the Settings folder, that helped me getting my GPU back to 1,8GHz for maybe 20min and it went back to 1,1GHz.
As i see it, its not a driver or GPU issue, its an issue of the patch.

My System:
i7-5820k at 4,2GHz
16GB 2133MHz
Red Devil 5700XT

Comments

• spalt0r
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Many people have this Problem since the underground patch. Before the patch 60fps in every situation, now drops to 30fps (not on the underground map). Look at this forum ... many "low fps" threads.

Since this patch the game is not really playable. Its so sad ... such a good franchise is killed because of things like this.
  • CSO7777
    1360 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Since the Underground Map patch my GPU goes only to 60% power resulting in lower FPS and Stuttering.

Before the update i could play the game at 1440p Ultra settings with 80+fps.
    After the Underground Map update at 1440p Ultra Settings 50+fps

GPU doesnt go above 1,3GHz, mostly its at 1,1GHz.
    I looked at all CPU cores/Threads and not a single one goes over 80% usage.
    Ram usage is at around 10GB
    VRam at 4-5GB depending on map and settings.
    FFR is disabled because the game stutters too much.

BF1 Runs at 1440p Ultra Settings with 100+fps
    Other Games Run fine and the GPU clocks to 1,8GHz

I tried older Drivers and also the Newest one, doesnt change a single thing.
    Reinstalled the Game with deleting the Settings folder, that helped me getting my GPU back to 1,8GHz for maybe 20min and it went back to 1,1GHz.
    As i see it, its not a driver or GPU issue, its an issue of the patch.

My System:
    i7-5820k at 4,2GHz
    16GB 2133MHz
    Red Devil 5700XT

DX11 doesn't run well without FFR on many systems. This has been discussed over and over on the forums.

Why not run DX12? It runs very well (should be even better on AMD than nVidia), stutters a little in the beginning (first time playing maps), but then runs very smoothly.
  • MockingBirdRendy
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DX11 doesn't run well without FFR on many systems. This has been discussed over and over on the forums.

Why not run DX12? It runs very well (should be even better on AMD than nVidia), stutters a little in the beginning (first time playing maps), but then runs very smoothly.
    Because im on Win7, also before the Underground patch the game run better on dx11 without ffr, ffr produces a lot of stuttering.

spalt0r said:
    Many people have this Problem since the underground patch. Before the patch 60fps in every situation, now drops to 30fps (not on the underground map). Look at this forum ... many "low fps" threads.

Since this patch the game is not really playable. Its so sad ... such a good franchise is killed because of things like this.
    Yeah, really sad, thats why i returned to BF3 and BF1, some times BFV, but for sure im not getting the next BF game.
    Hoping to see this problem getting fixed.

• CSO7777
    1360 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Because im on Win7, also before the Underground patch the game run better on dx11 without ffr, ffr produces a lot of stuttering.

spalt0r said:

Yeah, really sad, thats why i returned to BF3 and BF1, some times BFV, but for sure im not getting the next BF game.

You can probably still upgrade to Windows 10 for free, Microsoft said it would only work for a year or so, but it still works.

Windows 7 is old and you will need DX12 more and more in the future. DX12 is part of almost any new game nowadays and sometimes it gives a speed-boost as well (compared to DX11), especially AMD is running very well on DX12. I think your card matches NVidias best cards in BFV when running DX12.

Microsoft stops Windows 7 support in january 2020, which means that you will get no more security updates from then on, and you risk getting virus/malware from unpatched security issues in Windows.

Windows 10 has had its issues, but it is in general a good OS and runs fine on most PCs. Almost any PC running Windows 7 can run Windows 10, the hardware requirements are not higher. You may have to update all your drivers after the install, but thats just the way it is.

I have upgraded several times with older Windows 7 PCs during the last year and it activated without any issues.

Just download Windows 10 from Microsofts website. Install it and if it says that it is activated you're fine. If not then just uninstall it again.

Look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iUX7sQeOkg
  • CSO7777

spalt0r said:

You can still upgrade to Windows 10 for free.

Just look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdNL-pvvXH4

Windows 7 is EOL and Microsoft stops publishing security updates january 2020.

DX12 is getting used more and more by games, and AMD is very good at DX12-games. BFV runs as fast as any NVidia card in DX12.
  • CSO7777
    Sry for double-posting, but this forum and the missing posts...