Weekly BF

Invasion

GRAW2ROBZ
1900 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Comments

• ElliotLH
    8532 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sounds good. Putting me in mind of RTS games for some reason.
  • jroggs
    551 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sounds a little like Outpost, only with more meaningful structures to build. Cool.

I miss Outpost.
  • BrianLocal1
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wow, that sounds pretty fun.
  • Matty101yttam
    1045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Did they take on my base race suggestion?
    Cool if they did.
  • DaMutha1
    1266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sounds like Battle of Britain. yes pls

• Tullzter
    1103 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    is this confirmed ? it does look like a major shift from your traditional BF gameplay unless i'm mistaken and this has been done before in earlier BF games, it does however look interesting
  • Noodlesocks
    3036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tullzter said:
    is this confirmed ? it does look like a major shift from your traditional BF gameplay unless i'm mistaken and this has been done before in earlier BF games, it does however look interesting
    There have been similar concepts but this would be the first time it has taken a more RTS/C&C approach. Most people expected something like this would have been the natural evolution of the commander mode from Battlefield 2 but I guess this will be entirely player driven and have pre-defined building locations.

Still, it's an interesting concept that I look forward to seeing if it ever does come to fruition but there's a lot of stuff that has been datamined and never seen the light of day so who knows if this is nothing but concept.
  • Marcusspinner
    262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This the mode that feels the most Battlefield to me, why? First of all it feels like a strategy with the feature of holding certain areas (conquest) but with the destroying and taking over buildings (rush). The rush/conquest combination feels like the gold gamemode for the Battlefield franchise. I already posted a mix of rush and conquest as an idea, but this way people who like rush have to opertunity to attack strategytic location and still fight over an area. The conquest part will be the idea of protecting certain areas or holding them for your team. Please DICE let this be rush and conquest 2.0
  • Zviko0
    1667 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This sounds amazing.
  • Caramac_D
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs said:
    Sounds a little like Outpost, only with more meaningful structures to build. Cool.

I miss Outpost.
    For the love of God let it not be like Outpost.
  • Art3misJinx
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Caramac_D said:
    jroggs said:

I miss Outpost.
    What was wrong with outpost? It was just conquest with a gimmick of having to destroy/build flags instead of just standing in the zone.
  • Toxic_CA
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is this legit? Sounds like fun
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1900 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    Sounds good. Putting me in mind of RTS games for some reason.
    Command & Conquer/Red Alert.
  • Matty101yttam
    1045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Base race:

bfv style.

in ET the game is over once you fully upgrade your base, not sure how they'll do it with this mode.

• GenesisMD5745
    483 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Seems interesting, but how much of a base are we actually going to build?

I doubt we'll be building something like an airfield from scratch like we did with the Outpost mode towers. Hopefully it'll play as good as it sounds though as it sounds like a potentially amazing mode. And if is amazing then enjoy it while it lasts...it'll just be removed like the rest of the temporary modes.
  • Matty101yttam
    Guessing the small improvements can be done by hand, larger building improvements need captured resources, and it's fairly easy to implement something like a hanger being built, the area around it will likely already have the airfield in place it's only the main set pieces that need building/destruction.
  • ElliotLH
    8532 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    (Quote)

Yes, exactly that.

Do you remember the FPS game they did?
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    ElliotLH said:
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    (Quote)

Yes, exactly that.

Do you remember the FPS game they did?
    Is that on the last decade bundle?  Then i'd have it.
  • Caramac_D
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Caramac_D said:
    jroggs said:

I miss Outpost.
    What was wrong with outpost? It was just conquest with a gimmick of having to destroy/build flags instead of just standing in the zone.
    Exactly :p
  • tempo_rarity
    1080 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Would this be something like Battle Of Britain , revisited ?
    It'll be The Dream Come True , if true .
    Been waiting  y e a r s to Save The Factory again  :p

I imagine this Mode might even give Conquest Mode a run for its money in terms of popularity .