Weekly Debrief

Stationary weapon placement

DRUNKMONKEY9821
92 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited November 8
Half the stationary weapons don't even point towards the enemy advance.
What kinda of enemy set up a defense like that, none.
(post edited by moderator to be less verbally aggressive)
Post edited by Carbonic on

Comments

• SixTouge
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I suspect they're trying to keep things in balance. There are several stationary artillery and MG's in the game that are actually in pretty good locations, and I've been able to rack up a good number of kills. Too much of this, and games might just devolve into a constant shower of MG fire from distance. Also, some placements may make more sense in different modes ie Conquest vs Breakthrough. That said, overall they are fairly limited in usability, and you kind of have to find the right situation, but I love jumping on the stationeries all the time.
  • diver2607
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I like how they keep editing the swearing out, must be run by bible bashers.
  • ElliotLH
    8556 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    diver2607 wrote: »

Just part of the forum rules. It's because these forums aren't age restricted.
  • Mishkin37
    691 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    diver2607 wrote: »

I’m pretty liberal with language, but I can’t imagine how uninhabitable these forums would be if swearing were allowed and unchecked. The rules protect us from ourselves.

In regards to your post, it is funny to imagine the Duggar family, behind keyboards, editing our posts!

• DaBossOfMC
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the stationary weapon placements are pretty balanced actually. Two maps come to mind, Operation Underground (the Vickers at mid) and Rotterdam (The stationary machine guns that point at each other on points B and D for example), when I think of balanced stationary weapon placement. Although, some of the Pak 30s on Narvik are a bit weird to be fair. The ones on the mountains are really weird since it only covers a small bit of the points but I also really don’t mind that since it would be hell if all points were completely covered by Pak 30s lol. Would be very unbalanced.