Please DICE nerf all spotting gadget

Comments

• M1ck3y-XIX-
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The spotting flair is just like cheating, in this game, its difficult to make différence in a true cheater use wallhack, and spotting sytem who spotting trougt smoke,'n' brush, i'm just back of one game, so many player insult me of cheater, because i kill them in grass with the OP tomatoe spottin for plow .... GG dice .. 
  • Art3misJinx
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, i play Recon alot to spot people, but the Flare really need a duration nerf, it's now last too long tbh. It make hiding your self in smoke grenade is not a good option anymore.
    And to the OP, no, you can't spot enemies when they are in their smoke grenade.
    I disagree. If it needs to be nerfed, the radius should be nerfed. If you wanted to help your team as recon before the buff, you would spend most of your time running back and forth between ammo crates to pick up more flares because of the short duration. Reducing the duration is just going to bring that problem back. Not to mention that you can shoot it with a single bullet.
  • M1ck3y-XIX-
    Limite to 1, or reduce radius, 
  • SendTheInfantry
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The spotting flare spam is too much after their buff. Youre often not able to shoot them either.
  • xKusagamix
    1032 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The spotting flair is just like cheating, in this game, its difficult to make différence in a true cheater use wallhack, and spotting sytem who spotting trougt smoke,'n' brush, i'm just back of one game, so many player insult me of cheater, because i kill them in grass with the OP tomatoe spottin for plow .... GG dice .. 
    You can't spot through smoke with the Flare and Spotting scope, the only thing can spot enemies through smoke is Suppression.
  • VincentNZ
    3538 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You can't spot through smoke with the Flare and Spotting scope, the only thing can spot enemies through smoke is Suppression.
    Generally not, but from certain angles the icons might appear, same with any environmental smoke, ground fog, weather effects etc.. For actual smoke grenades it can happen, but I have no idea how that triggers or how close to the edge you have to be.
  • M1ck3y-XIX-
    False i can see doritos spotting in smoke dude 
  • ragnarok013
    3454 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited November 10
    xeNizKing said:
    VincentNZ said:
    It does not work through anything really. You are 3d spotted, when you are visible. In a game that has such a poor visibility it is pretty much needed. Besides the only spotting gadget really is the flare and is the direct teamplay gadget of the recon class. Like the medic pouch or the ammo crate, you might as well nerf them when you nerf the flare.
    There isn't any 3d spotting in the game. There is a difference to the spotting in BF5 and BF1/3/4
    xeNizKing you mean BF2142\BC1\BC2\BF3\BF4\BFH\BF1 3D spotting has been in a lot more Battlefield titles than the community thinks since it debuted in 2142.
  • M1ck3y-XIX-
    The spoting doritos is not necessary in this game, there is already a lot of supress spotting, and we can put icon tag, so the 3d spot is so ugly !!!
  • mf_shro0m
    1880 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The spoting doritos is not necessary in this game, there is already a lot of supress spotting, and we can put icon tag, so the 3d spot is so ugly !!!

Lol no there’s not
  • M1ck3y-XIX-
    you are unable to open your eyes ?? or just full assist player ?? 
  • M1ck3y-XIX-
    or juste remove gadget spottin for vehicule !!
  • M1ck3y-XIX-
    The spotting should be

- Sniper flair spotting for ONLY squad... and plane... Reduce time and Radius, no showing ennemi statique ont minimap , just mooving ennemies.
    -Remove spotting gadget from VL.
    -Reduce distance of working.

FIX it trought smoke and wall and more...
  • SillySinStorm
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    or juste remove gadget spottin for vehicule !!

I play with my eyes open which is why spotting isn't an issue. I imagine if you're camped in your "vehicule" getting cheap kills spotting may be an issue. Here's a novel idea: push forward and help your team PTFO. You big K/D padding baby.
  • mf_shro0m
    1880 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Look dude spend the next month only attacking and then tell us how you feel about spotting
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Because we can see spotted people with our eyes closed.... right
    Humans eyes have not evolved to easily discern pseudo 3d people in a flat screen among dense  and similarly colored textures, especially when they are not moving

Replying to an abvious bait posts isn't the smartest idea, mate.
  • Hawxxeye
    6386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Because we can see spotted people with our eyes closed.... right
    Humans eyes have not evolved to easily discern pseudo 3d people in a flat screen among dense  and similarly colored textures, especially when they are not moving

Replying to an abvious bait posts isn't the smartest idea, mate.
    I had been waiting for an opportunity to make that statement  to the next one who beats the tired "use your eyes" dead horse.
  • VOLBANKER
    1106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The flare buff has made flanking a lot harder, often impossible - it takes only one Recon who is spam-shooting flares in all directions on a flag to detect any flanks.
  • Hawxxeye
    6386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 13
    VOLBANKER said:
    The flare buff has made flanking a lot harder, often impossible - it takes only one Recon who is spam-shooting flares in all directions on a flag to detect any flanks.
    And one assault to snipe any  red flares (no matter how many sources there are) within <150 meters (or any range that they can see them with naked eyes anyway).
    DICE is going to finally give some extra incentive to blueberries to shoot flares

NEWS: Shooting down enemy flares will count as "destroyed gadget" and will give you points by doing so in the next update https://t.co/VzvCZCUz0D #BattlefieldV. pic.twitter.com/G0RRYHn6up

— Battlefield Bulletin (@BFBulletin) November 5, 2019
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on