Please DICE nerf all spotting gadget

Comments

• SendTheInfantry
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The range is just far too large.

Bah, I hate DICE. They dont understand flanking or stealthy gameplay.
  • Hawxxeye
    6384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The range is just far too large.

Bah, I hate DICE. They dont understand flanking or stealthy gameplay.
    The ability to discern enemies over the terrain can be so bad (without spotting) that one almost  does not need to be stealthy.
    The other day my team was defending an objective in pacific and there were enemies all over the outer parts of the objective area with our guys surrounded because nobody had flared.
  • bigiain
    311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kind of sad that anyone would need points for something that'll so obviously help their team.

I'll keep spamming those flares anyway, I guess most people don't shoot at them because they never see them when they're lying on the ground behind a bipod.
  • Hawxxeye
    6384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bigiain said:
    Kind of sad that anyone would need points for something that'll so obviously help their team.

I'll keep spamming those flares anyway, I guess most people don't shoot at them because they never see them when they're lying on the ground behind a bipod.
    I know right.
    It feels like if for most people those red flares up on the sky are not existing cause they are not given any directly tangible possessive reinforcement for it.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1258 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    VOLBANKER said:
    The flare buff has made flanking a lot harder, often impossible - it takes only one Recon who is spam-shooting flares in all directions on a flag to detect any flanks.
    And one assault to snipe any  red flares (no matter how many sources there are) within 200-300 meters.
    DICE is going to finally give some extra incentive to blueberries to shoot flares

NEWS: Shooting down enemy flares will count as "destroyed gadget" and will give you points by doing so in the next update https://t.co/VzvCZCUz0D #BattlefieldV. pic.twitter.com/G0RRYHn6up

— Battlefield Bulletin (@BFBulletin) November 5, 2019
      Lol. So in your game an assault can shoot down flares from numerous sources, in quick succession from 200-300 meters away. Then teamwork magic happens and an objective is successfully captured or a flank is successfully carried out, without any more flares being fired that would detect your teammates immediately.
  • Hawxxeye
    edited November 13
    Hawxxeye said:
    VOLBANKER said:
    The flare buff has made flanking a lot harder, often impossible - it takes only one Recon who is spam-shooting flares in all directions on a flag to detect any flanks.
    And one assault to snipe any  red flares (no matter how many sources there are) within 200-300 meters.
    DICE is going to finally give some extra incentive to blueberries to shoot flares

NEWS: Shooting down enemy flares will count as "destroyed gadget" and will give you points by doing so in the next update https://t.co/VzvCZCUz0D #BattlefieldV. pic.twitter.com/G0RRYHn6up

Lol. So in your game an assault can shoot down flares from numerous sources, in quick succession from 200-300 meters away. Then teamwork magic happens and an objective is successfully captured or a flank is successfully carried out, without any more flares being fired that would detect your teammates immediately.
    I only claimed that one assault can clean up flares in a large enough area if they have a line of sight. How much bullets can  an assault carry? That is a lot of flares even if only 1 in 3 shots hit the flares.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1258 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    VOLBANKER said:

I only claimed that one assault can clean up flares in a large enough area if they have a line of sight. How much bullets can  an assault carry? That is a lot of flares even if only 1 in 3 shots hit the flares.
     You claimed that an assault person can prevent flanks from being detected by shooting down numerous flares from 200-300 meters away, which is a ridiculous statement.

Fact of the matter is that most flares are shot down not that far out of their detection range, in which case the recon is still alerted and simply fires another one. This cat and mouse sub-meta with flares is ridiculous.

• talhaONE
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »

Im failed to see how recon spam flares when he has only 1 charge and has to rely on supports and supply stations all the time.

People who want flare nerf are joke.
  • Hawxxeye
    edited November 13
    Hawxxeye said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    VOLBANKER said:

You claimed that an assault person can prevent flanks from being detected by shooting down numerous flares from 200-300 meters away, which is a ridiculous statement.

Fact of the matter is that most flares are shot down not that far out of their detection range, in which case the recon is still alerted and simply fires another one. This cat and mouse sub-meta with flares is ridiculous.

Because recons have infinite flares.
    I claimed that there is no reason that people should not be shooting enemy flares when they can and I used the assault as an example of a class that has easy time doing that.
    Yes shooting down a flare can reveal where you are, just like using a flare reveals where the recon is.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    Hawxxeye said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    VOLBANKER said:

I claimed that there is no reason that people should not be shooting enemy flares when they can and I used the assault as an example of a class that has easy time doing that.
    Yes shooting down a flare can reveal where you are, just like using a flare reveals where the recon is.
    Never wrote, or implied recons had infinite flares, although personally there has been times when I keep shooting down flares in which another one pops up almost immediately after.

Again with this? What you said was more than simply shooting down flares, but at what distance and the amount of flares a assault person can successfully shoot down without exposing themselves, which was again, non sense.

So I shoot the recon then what? What about the X number people who know where I am? Do you suppose I kill the recon first, then destroy the flare, then deal with the squad? Or do I deal with the flare first, make my approximate position known, then the recon shoots up another, and they all swarm on me.

I can tell we play this game very differently.
  • Hawxxeye
    edited November 13
    Hawxxeye said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    VOLBANKER said:

Never wrote, or implied recons had infinite flares, although personally there has been times when I keep shooting down flares in which another one pops up almost immediately after.

Again with this? What you said was more than simply shooting down flares, but at what distance and the amount of flares a assault person can successfully shoot down without exposing themselves, which was again, non sense.

So I shoot the recon then what? What about the X number people who know where I am? Do you suppose I kill the recon first, then destroy the flare, then deal with the squad? Or do I deal with the flare first, make my approximate position known, then the recon shoots up another, and they all swarm on me.

I can tell we play this game very differently.
    I was talking about people who cannot be bothered with shooting the enemy flares to rid their team of a dissadvantage. In a regular battle with several people from both teams in the area.
    Unless I am mistaken you are talking about being solid snake behind enemy lines alone in that case ofc you would not want to alert the enemies by shooting, that is the job of the guy who can afford to draw attention to himself.
    Now that I think about it 300 meters is certainly a very exaggerated distance that  one will hardly even see a flare I should had said half these distances at most (in any case if it is close enough to seen with a naked eye it can be shot). The point still stands though that one can shoot the flares with a high velocity gun well outside their detection range.
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • M1ck3y-XIX-
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Spottin in the actual META is just full assist and anti- tactical style of playing, just shoot flair like unbrain on an objectif, and you see all enemi, the game become a COD like run shoot die run shoot die, 
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The only thing that need nerf is this game is the fliegerfaust and the insane TTK on console servers

• VOLBANKER
    1105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    VOLBANKER said:
    And one assault to snipe any  red flares (no matter how many sources there are) within <150 meters (or any range that they can see them with naked eyes anyway).

I fired 86 flares in a round last night, so good luck shooting them down :smiley:
  • VOLBANKER
    1105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 14
    talhaONE said:

Im failed to see how recon spam flares when he has only 1 charge and has to rely on supports and supply stations all the time.

People who want flare nerf are joke.
    Recon can carry 2 flares.
    Resupplying them is easy, just stay around a supply station and run back and forth as necessary.
    I can tell you haven’t played Recon yourself or you’d know this.
  • DingoKillr
    3745 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    I fired 86 flares in a round last night, so good luck shooting them down :smiley:

Well done you stood at station the whole round firing flare after flare while doing nothing else. What does putting 86 flares into air prove?
  • Hawxxeye
    VOLBANKER said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    VOLBANKER said:
    And one assault to snipe any  red flares (no matter how many sources there are) within <150 meters (or any range that they can see them with naked eyes anyway).

Gladly
    If they were over areas that my allies are, I will gladly spend as much time as I can shooting them down when I detect them. Clay pigeon shooting 86 flares down is 2-3 times worth of resupply for a high velocity semi auto.
  • Loqtrall
    12100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    Players complain about not being able to see anything. Players also complain about being spotted. Only conclusion I can come to is that players want to kill other players with ease and never die.

Bingo
  • VOLBANKER
    (Quote)

Well done you stood at station the whole round firing flare after flare while doing nothing else. What does putting 86 flares into air prove?
    Try ask my team if they weren’t happy to see enemies light up on the minimap pretty much permanently because of those flares.