DICE please dont replace the Conquest / BT Pacific rotations

Comments

• MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's going to be very jarring going from old maps to pacific... 
  • barnesalmighty2
    1624 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    RayD_O1 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Jarring and unnecessary in my opinion, DICE please, just give players what they want and keep a positive vibe.

If dice did what players wanted we would have underground only rotations still. Now there is Always a massive queue for all those servers. I absolutely HATE these limited time modes.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RayD_O1 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Jarring and unnecessary in my opinion, DICE please, just give players what they want and keep a positive vibe.

If dice did what players wanted we would have underground only rotations still. Now there is Always a massive queue for all those servers. I absolutely HATE these limited time modes.
    Agreed. 
  • RayD_O1
    1144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If players were happy playing the Pacific rotations why take that away. ? 
    Some players who don't want the hassle of queueing will simply move on to other things, who does that benefit. ?
    DICE please just add the 5 v 5 Squad Conquest you are proposing but don't take away the popular Conquest / Breakthrough rotations., thanks
  • MBT_Layzan
    RayD_O1 said:
    If players were happy playing the Pacific rotations why take that away. ? 
    Some players who don't want the hassle of queueing will simply move on to other things, who does that benefit. ?
    DICE please just add the 5 v 5 Squad Conquest you are proposing but don't take away the popular Conquest / Breakthrough rotations., thanks
    It's the reason I reinstalled the game. It is great playing pacific back to back. I really don't know if I'll be playing once it all changes.  
  • Kattegat_Twin
    856 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    The Pacific content persuaded me to come back after months not playing. It's incredible. If they take the current playlists away, I go too. Not interested in going back to the old maps, and I won't be for quite a while.

Good practice is to add stuff to a game and (especially if it's as popular as the Pacific stuff is) not take it away. It just craps all over the player base. DICE, you pulled a winner out the bag here, when so many thought you didn't have it in you. Now that you've proved you can provide top notch BFV material, it would be incredibly unwise to go and take away the current playlists.

By all means, add in a SQ mode. But if that mode replaces Breakthough, I'm outta here.
  • RayD_O1
    1144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The Pacific content persuaded me to come back after months not playing. It's incredible. If they take the current playlists away, I go too. Not interested in going back to the old maps, and I won't be for quite a while.

Good practice is to add stuff to a game and (especially if it's as popular as the Pacific stuff is) not take it away. It just craps all over the player base. DICE, you pulled a winner out the bag here, when so many thought you didn't have it in you. Now that you've proved you can provide top notch BFV material, it would be incredibly unwise to go and take away the current playlists.

By all means, add in a SQ mode. But if that mode replaces Breakthough, I'm outta here.
    Sums it up perfectly.
  • BeastofBourbon84
    738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    I'm not going to pretend I'll stop playing if this comes to pass (a lot of well received stuff has been removed in the past already) but it will be another kick in the dangly bits.

Especially since it's the friggin war in the pacific tow chapter ffs!
  • RayD_O1
    I'm not going to pretend I'll stop playing if this comes to pass (a lot of well received stuff has been removed in the past already) but it will be another kick in the dangly bits.

Especially since it's the friggin war in the pacific tow chapter ffs!
    Exactly, makes no sense.
  • wasp9166
    311 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RayD_O1 said:
    wasp9166 said:
    wait a sec, i only started playing because of the pacific maps , so, after this few weeks where are they going?
    The Conquest / BT Pacific maps will only be available as part of the normal rotation, so you have to queue to play them.
    so, how do you do this?  i don't see anywhere on ps4 to pick a server , i saw someone say you can  go into settings and stop the connection to 4 /8 player servers as well , i don't see a way to do this either 

what do you mean by que and server hopping?   
  • wasp9166
    311 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    way i see it, they keep removing so they can keep adding in new so mommy and daddy will pay for more costumes ......this is pretty much the ea way , micro you to death ..............i was gone a long time .....if i can't keep playing pacific breakthrough after this , i'll be gone again ...but hey, they got me to buy the game 
  • BeastofBourbon84
    738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    wasp9166 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    so, how do you do this?  i don't see anywhere on ps4 to pick a server , i saw someone say you can  go into settings and stop the connection to 4 /8 player servers as well , i don't see a way to do this either 

You can use the serverbrowser for search for a specific gamemode/map (you got that on console right?!).

Problem is the queues on servers that run popular modes/maps are always pretty long so by the time enough players have left for you to join the match is either almost over or you join a steamroll match that will also be over soon.
  • RayD_O1
    wasp9166 said:
    RayD_O1 said:
    wasp9166 said:
    wait a sec, i only started playing because of the pacific maps , so, after this few weeks where are they going?
    The Conquest / BT Pacific maps will only be available as part of the normal rotation, so you have to queue to play them.

On PC, you can see what map is running on a server by clicking on Play -Multiplayer- Advanced Search. 

The Pacific Maps follow after Al Sundan so you would queue on that map.

Sorry not sure how it works onPS4.

• VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DICE definitely needs to create more rotations, we have 15 maps now that are in standard conquest, which means the ones I actually want to play are getting scarce. I am constantly forced to play Aerodrome, Narvik and Panzerstorm, and rarely maps that to do not make my blood boil when loading.
  • RayD_O1
    wasp9166 wrote: »
    (Quote)

You can use the serverbrowser for search for a specific gamemode/map (you got that on console right?!).

Problem is the queues on servers that run popular modes/maps are always pretty long so by the time enough players have left for you to join the match is either almost over or you join a steamroll match that will also be over soon.
    True, that's what makes queueing so frustrating.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    I sincerely hope that RSP is not going to get delayed after this point ... I don't feel like playing the non-Pacific maps anytime soon.

This game has already had a plethora of idiotic decisions. In some cases, we had a controversy every week.

How many times do I have to repeat myself by saying that BFV does not need any more controversies, for goodness' sake!
  • RayD_O1
    I sincerely hope that RSP is not going to get delayed after this point ... I don't feel like playing the non-Pacific maps anytime soon.
    Me neither, have they set a date for RSP do you know.?
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

That does not hold up, you revived me yesterday on Narvik and Fjell. :D
  • StingX71
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'll double down and say I'd like to see servers with Pacific Maps alternating BT/CQ.  Typically don't like BT, but find it fun with the new maps.