Weekly BF

Bright Yellow Page

g0merpile
685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Is it possible EA can tone down the brilliant colour of the opening page. Please, Extremely damaging to eyes

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    13421 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Can you not turn down the saturation via your monitor settings?
  • Titan_Awaken
    805 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah honestly there's so much you can do on the client side to fix the issue. You just fiddle around with your display settings to fix it. 
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13421 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Yeah honestly there's so much you can do on the client side to fix the issue. You just fiddle around with your display settings to fix it. 
    Yeah I mean there's plenty of options available here without even having DICE spend time changing something that can be fixed on the users end so easily.

• Changing saturation levels via monitor settings
    • Changing saturation via Nvidia control Panel / AMD control panel
    • Reshade
    • Nvidia Freestyle

• 5hadyBrady
    445 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Desaturate 99.9% of content to normalize a single load screen?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    As above,  there a few options available to you which can help.

Personally I use freestyle.
  • g0merpile
    685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Yep that is what I did, turned down gama abit
  • Titan_Awaken
    805 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    g0merpile said:

Yep that is what I did, turned down gama abit
    See? That wasn't so bad was it? If you relied on DICE to push out an official "fix", who knows how long you'll be waiting for. 
  • iamwiener
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I am a PC pro.
    I have no knowledge about hardware, peripherals & drivers.
    DICE fix it ffs!
  • 5hadyBrady
    445 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 17
    Why would you use freestyle, or change your display settings for a single screen? You guys realize you're adversely affecting all of your other content by changing your display settings to address a single screen? This is low iq. Also freestyle is notorious for eating up somewhere along the lines of 5 to 10 frames a second because you're doing it post process. Also it adds latency. All post processing adds latency. So you're creating more problems than you're solving with freestyle. Freestyle takes a display signal and adds a bunch of post processing to the signal before it shows up on your display. The more of these "freestyle features" you use, the more latency you are adding to the signal. There's a bundle of shaders called "sweetfx" that has these same post processing features, and the software actually tells you how much latency each shader adds. Nvidia should also do this so that people know what they're getting into.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    This is low iq. 
    No,  This is PC gaming,  You have the simplest of options as a means of getting around it.

Also freestyle is notorious for eating up somewhere along the lines of 5 to 10 frames a second because you're doing it post process.
    Only on certain filters,  Not all of them eat frames.
  • zenn_nme
    815 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

No,  This is PC gaming,  You have the simplest of options as a means of getting around it.

No need to install anything, just look away during load... :p

• g0merpile
    Not only loading, viewing options and more, still this bright yellow page is obsurd
  • Titan_Awaken
    g0merpile said:
    Not only loading, viewing options and more, still this bright yellow page is obsurd
    I am 99.999995% sure you can set a custom colour curve for your monitor. That, or you could continue to ask DICE for a miracle patch which probably won't happen until 2020 by the earliest.