Weekly BF

Iwo Jima map

snakeater418
260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Why does this map seem to always end up in a completely one sided fight? It has way too many tanks that there's no use playing as anything other than assault. The base spawns on conquest are too close to each other. The Japanese planes have a much shorter distance to resupply. There's no way to flank around points A and B on conquest. The coastal guns on A are useless on conquest and breakthrough.

Comments

• replures1
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the ratio is fine, but the map should be the whole island, this would give better more realistic hide, sneak and evasion around armor.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1605 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 9
    Well I just came from this game. It was close, down to like 5. But yea, most times it's a lock down.

https://ibb.co/kQZtYkp
  • MBT_Layzan
    1605 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 9
    I just came from this match, I solo tanked in a Sherman and went 101-0 top score, it was also a close fight right down to 2 tickets. Granted most matches end up a lock down on that map though. 

Post edited by MBT_Layzan on
  • BaronVonGoon
    6823 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    I just came from this match, I solo tanked in a Sherman and went 101-0 top score,  

:o conquest or breakthrough?

Also, faster turning turets or heat rounds?
  • MBT_Layzan
    edited November 9
    I just came from this match, I solo tanked in a Sherman and went 101-0 top score,  

:o conquest or breakthrough?

Also, faster turning turets or heat rounds?
    Heat rounds mate, and it was breakthrough.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6823 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Heat rounds mate, and it was breakthrough.

Thanks mate.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2974 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think its very Japanese sided map. Conquest is 100% owned by Japanese side because of their spawn location. I've played a fair amount of BR on Iwo Jima and only seen Americans win once. 
  • bran1986
    5742 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is definitely a strange map in how it plays, the Japanese definitely seems to have a major advantage.
  • hkspm123
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Because everybody loves a and b control and simply let go for the rest of 4 , its kinda like hangar 21 except people just dont go to the hillside of the map instead ran into that plane holding area
  • xeNizKing
    450 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:
    It is definitely a strange map in how it plays, the Japanese definitely seems to have a major advantage.
    Its because of the type 10s + the fliegerfaust issue atm. Fliegerfaust means problematic engagement for planes to help infantry push and keep other planes away from the team and then the type 10s are obliterating the tanks in seconds even on conquest.

The tanks spawn on ships in breakthrough get obliterated as well because DICE gave those tanks crappy static specs that cannot be changed and are not overridden by the player if they have the LTV fully leveled.

Its the same issue if not more so on pacific because the type 10s fire rate is so high and they do so much damage that it makes it near impossible to push the first objective there but thats on breakthrough.
  • Zviko0
    1667 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's supposed to be hard for Americans. The bigger problem is when balancing is on Japanese side as well.

Also, there's no such thing as "too many tanks" in a Battlefield game.
  • MBT_Layzan
    edited November 9
    Multiple post.
    Post edited by MBT_Layzan on
  • maskedocelot
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've not noticed any problems on breakthrough, but the conquest layout/spawns seem really weird.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1900 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • Noodlesocks
    3036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Have only really seen it one sided once where we held the first sector until the americans were below 100 tickets but other than that it has largely been fairly even in my experience. I've found it is largely dependent on whether or not the Americans push with their tanks or just camp at their resupply.
  • wasp9166
    76 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    lol, if i see a jeep on the iwo overview i'll  spawn in just for the hilarity of it, even tho i'm prob gonna end up dead 
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1900 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Looking back at the video.  My aim was way off.  That was long before cracking beers though.  Drinking beers calms my nerves and takes the edge off.  Then I become a savage wilderbeast.  I'm really digging the Bren. I just started using it exclusively and support.  Seems weird chasing #1 or #2 most games as a fully mobile RAMBO.  Thank you Bren!  Even better when I get the time to toss 3 tank mines to pop a tank.  But with Pacific maps seems there's always a couple vehicles close by.  So hard to get near some smart tankers now days.
  • snakeater418
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It just seems to me that it is a very **** friendly map. That may be realistic, but this isn't reality, ex. **** with Lewis guns, so don't go with that excuse. The map is best on breakthrough, but conquest it's just a mess.

And there can be too many tanks in a battlefield game, it's not that hard to understand. Especially on a small island. Just about see a new tank going between each objective.