Weekly BF

Rework vanilla planes and tanks to match Pacific vehicles

WesleyF09
68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
It would be awesome if DICE gives the old planes and tanks a larger specialization tree, it would help us to have more unique playstyles...

I am not an expert on tanks, but I can tell that Pacific fighters are waaaay superior to the vanilla ones, specially with the addition of the Fliegerfaust, due to the fact that the old planes doesn't have effective weaponry to play safer and avoid Fliegerfaust squadrons.

Comments

• TheBaitOne
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The more extensive specialization trees for Pacific vehicles are a product of the fact that each team only has 2 tanks and 2 planes, they need the larger trees to allow for diverse play styles. On the other hand you have the British and Germans who get 6 tanks and 6 aircraft. 

that being said, I think more US and Japanese vehicles will probably be added in future, especially aircraft. 
  • GrizzGolf
    1059 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Everything about the last update is what this game should have been 
  • Terminator000001
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TheBaitOne wrote: »
    The more extensive specialization trees for Pacific vehicles are a product of the fact that each team only has 2 tanks and 2 planes, they need the larger trees to allow for diverse play styles. On the other hand you have the British and Germans who get 6 tanks and 6 aircraft. 

that being said, I think more US and Japanese vehicles will probably be added in future, especially aircraft. 

For the vanilla aircraft it's more like 3 german and 3 british planes. We just have 2 types for the same aircraft each. They just allow different playroles. I think that's one of the reason Dice made the skilltrees of the pacific vehicles bigger and added less vehicles in total.
    At least for now.
  • WesleyF09
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, these two fighters on each Pacific faction remembers me the jet fighter and attack fighter from BF4, I think it's better, the addition of the bombers made balancing much more difficult for DICE, and in my opinion, more boring for pilots who wnat to dogfight and attack the ground, like the good old A-10 times 
  • Noodlesocks
    3122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I am assuming that more vehicles will be added for these factions, particularly if they were to include America vs Germany maps in the future. At the moment the extended tree allows for good diversity with limited choice of chassis but if more get added it would be an odd disparity between the original and newer factions.
  • Raspu71nG
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    vanilla planes would destroy the pacific planes.
    the pacific planes suck. they feel sluggish and their main weapon overheats quickly.

• mf_shro0m
    1854 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TheBaitOne wrote: »

Each plane getting 6 upgrades instead of 4 means the planes will be better assuming the base planes were about equal
  • SQHDP
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can't get a damn kill with planes because there's always someone camping at the plane spawn. Apart from my level 1 plane being useless against someone who has everything unlocked