Weekly Debrief

How do you slide?

MogwaiWarrior
739 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I used to be able to slide. My control scheme is Alternate. Not seeing the option? I used to be able to until the latest patch. Thanks.

Comments

• YOS123
    884 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hmm, i checked the controller layout in the options as well and i didn't see the slide option with the Alternate option as well. My advice would be to try the Custom option and see if that helps you with this problem of yours.
  • dirtymals
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You do your sprint then on controller hit your right stick twice and should do it.
  • YOS123
    884 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    dirtymals said:
    You do your sprint then on controller hit your right stick twice and should do it.

I tried this and the only thing what my soldier did when using the Alternate soldier button layout, he only crouched even when my character was running and when i tapped crouch button twice while running. Plus the controller layout doesn't show any slide option when you look at the controller layout.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    739 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The only way I can slide is to double tap B button which pulls out my knife and it does slide, sort of. Then I have to switch from knife back to gun, not very effective.
  • OskooI_007
    850 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can't you bind buttons on console in BFV's settings menu? There's also a new option in the controls menu to make slide a single button press, instead of two.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    Can't you bind buttons on console in BFV's settings menu? There's also a new option in the controls menu to make slide a single button press, instead of two.
    Yes you can but I have no idea how to bind a right stick double click. That's how you used to slide before the update.
  • DaBossOfMC
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Double tapping your prone button twice while sprinting should do the trick. Although, from my quick google to see if sliding had been removed (it hasn’t), I think some people are experiencing difficulties while trying to slide on Xbox. I’d be surprised if they’ve removed sliding given the fact that I did it a few hours ago 😂 good luck to you.