Weekly Debrief

New to xbox and have a question?

impulsive_tango
201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I just got an xbox 1. With regards to a console what is the average K/D? Is it higher than on PC?

Comments

• SixTouge
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No idea what the average K/D is on Xbox, not sure how you'd really know as game modes will probably net different results. You could always check out https://battlefieldtracker.com/ leader boards.

I did a deeper dive once, and it seemed like a relatively small portion of the population maintain 3+ K/D, with a much bigger chunk sitting between 1.5-3. Not sure if PC is any different, but being that it's the same game, I can't imagine it differs that much? Perhaps more casuals on console?
  • Mishkin37
    691 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My K/D is 1.38. I play Conquest, exclusively. I’m aggressive with pushing flags. I run into a lot of 1v3 firefights at the objective, get 1 kill, get killed, then watch my killer revive his buddy.

I do okay, but there are many aggressive Conquest players with far better K/Ds than me.

When I’m online with buddies, revives help boost my K/D up a lot.
  • matthejl8
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mine is like .75 and I just started.  I play conquest only and I feel like the way that I play, itll be hard for me to get it above that a whole lot.  I am learning the maps though, the routes, how to locate players (which for some reason is hard for me right now)...I always am seen first.

But itll get better.  I was very successful in bf3 and bf4.
  • BlackWidow88x
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My KD is 3.5 and it is listed as top 0.9% for XBOX. This is according to battlefieldtracker.com
  • SixTouge
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    matthejl8 wrote: »
    mine is like .75 and I just started.  I play conquest only and I feel like the way that I play, itll be hard for me to get it above that a whole lot.  I am learning the maps though, the routes, how to locate players (which for some reason is hard for me right now)...I always am seen first.

But itll get better.  I was very successful in bf3 and bf4.

Learning the maps is a huge part of it. Also understanding the visibility difference from previous games. If you are moving you're visible, more so when you're shooting. If you're still, especially prone and not firing, you can be virtually invisible. Keep ears and eyes open for spot flares, and if your mini map doesn't show those blue circles, assume it's the other guys and you have a flashing red diamond on your head!

I had to stick it out through some tough games early on too, things really start to slow down and make sense after a while.
  • CosmicStriker
    735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    battlefield is not about K/D unless all you play is death match mode, Battlefield has always been about score and team playing the objective.
  • CosmicStriker
    735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    but here is your answer 
    https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/leaderboards/stats/xbl/default?page=1
    the top KD is a sniping tanker <- this is why KD means nothing in Battlefield.
    https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/leaderboards/stats/xbl/KdRatio?page=1
    wins, this stat is interesting how a player is lucky to be in a lot of winning matches, i would say they play with a good crew.
    https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/leaderboards/stats/xbl/Wins?page=1
  • Mishkin37
    691 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My KD is 3.5 and it is listed as top 0.9% for XBOX. This is according to battlefieldtracker.com

Those stats are crazy to me! I don’t understand how someone can play infantry and carry a 3+ K/D.

Then I looked a little closer, and I think I figured it out. Your shot accuracy for each class is about 5-10% greater than mine for each gun. You’re dropping bodies, and I’m shooting over heads! Good work!

• SixTouge
    battlefield is not about K/D unless all you play is death match mode, Battlefield has always been about score and team playing the objective.

I get the sentiment behind this, and I agree wholeheartedly that k/d is not the ultimate driver in this game or even the most rewarding element of it. However, I do think it matters more than some people want to admit. Assuming I'm playing objectives and doing all the team stuff, a 25-10 game is probably going to feel way more enjoyable than 10-25. I'd also argue, that if you're truly pushing objectives and getting chewed up in the process, well you probably aren't going to accomplish much capturing or other team work related things if you're just constantly getting killed.
  • SixTouge
    Mishkin37 wrote: »

Those stats are crazy to me! I don’t understand how someone can play infantry and carry a 3+ K/D.

Then I looked a little closer, and I think I figured it out. Your shot accuracy for each class is about 5-10% greater than mine for each gun. You’re dropping bodies, and I’m shooting over heads! Good work!

There's alot of truth to that accuracy thing, and it's a pretty simple explanation. I will say it can also be a little skewed by play style too though. For instance, I like to lay down suppressing fire all the time. I'll do it to cover advancing team mates, even if I'm way out of range for the weapon. This probably hurts my accuracy numbers a bit. Still though, an honest assessment says I'm not the most dead eye shooter. "Somebody get me more ammo!" 😁
  • Mensrea831
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 16
    Im sitting at 1.49 kdr. I don't play alot of vechs and a lot of infantry so i expect to be lower than most. But i have a decent score a a 53% win rate.
  • ElliotLH
    8556 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm sitting on 2.41 overall but I do use vehicles a fair bit. Looking at my class KDs they vary between 1.48 and 2.39, which is probably more accurate as I do consider myself only as an 'OK' player.
  • Mishkin37
    I used to say that K/D didn’t matter in this game, because I play Conquest, and “Conquest isn’t about kills.”

However, I’ve changed my tune. How many times have you been in this scenario: you storm a flag, kill almost all of the enemies at the flag, but then the last enemy left kills you. He then revived every enemy you killed, and then his team spawns on him. The enemies now have 1 more spawn point, and your team has one less.

If you had just killed that last enemy, your team would now have another flag and bleed that many more tickets from the enemies.

I never kill that last enemy. However, the dudes and dudettes with the 2 & 3+ K/D do, and I believe they make a huge difference.

I’m not saying that every high K/D player is great. Rather, players who play the objective and have a high K/D are game changers.

With that said, K/D can also be skewed if you have a squad that revives a lot.