Weekly Debrief

Windows 10 1909 update

g0merpile
680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited November 11
Some will be getting the 1909 update, I suggest not installing right away. Maybe pause updates until everyone has a test of this. If you do make a backup, Or use a spare drive to test.  Nov 12

Comments

• EXILE157
    233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why?... Is it causing issues?
  • Carbonic
    1478 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I've been using 1909 for a couple of weeks now, no issues so far.
    Makes sense since 1909 is not a major feature update as 1903 was, it's mostly just bug fixes and performance improvements.
  • g0merpile
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 11
    Thats good to know, I am on the insider ring but have not got the final build. Opps just got the final build in the slow ring

• Lahoo_Eckbert
    1284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 11
    When will it be released for the public ? 
    Googled it and it says 10th of November but I just checked windows update and it isn't there.
  • Carbonic
    1478 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Should be soon™.
    Then it's ofc. a staggered release depending on your system config and a bunch of other stuff.
  • g0merpile
    Nov 12 is the public release
  • Carbonic
    g0merpile said:
    Nov 12 is the public release
    That's when people expect it to be released due to it being patch Tuesday. It has however not been confirmed by Microsoft so we'll have to wait and see.
    I had no performance increases in BFV from 1909 and I would not expect any big ones unless you have an Intel X-series processor.
  • g0merpile
    I have an email from ms stating it will be in 22 hours
  • g0merpile
    Dont rush to do this update today, if  U do be prepared for a backup.  I had some issue and I do not think if is fully ready
  • CSO7777
    1301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    g0merpile said:
    Dont rush to do this update today, if  U do be prepared for a backup.  I had some issue and I do not think if is fully ready
    Works perfect on the 5 machines I have updated so far (4 at work and 1 at home), but of course have only been running them for a few hours so far.

Played some Apex Legends and the game didn't have any 'standby-memory-issues' (normally as bad as BFV), if BFV runs without issues, then it could be a very good update for this alone.
  • g0merpile
    edited November 12
    Yes CSO there were fixes to that bad 389 patch and how windows update performed. This is why an update happened before the 1909 patched was serviced, Microsoft made small updates rather then one massive update. Glad this worked out well for you.

• g0merpile
    I have removed 1909 and it and latest kb. Stutters and other things that I experienced with the insider edition. My insider computer is separate then my personal computer.
    Loss of fps, stutters, slow loading, I believe it is because of the security patch, cv's this is the patch that is suppose to fix the 389 patch.
  • PrOdyh
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Any problems here with 1909.
  • CSO7777
    1301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have only good things to say about the 1909 update. I have stopped using ISLC and the game runs as it did before the update with ISLC (no stutters from standby-memory).
  • g0merpile
    CSO7777 said:
    I have only good things to say about the 1909 update. I have stopped using ISLC and the game runs as it did before the update with ISLC (no stutters from standby-memory).

I will try the 1909 without the kb update
  • TFBisquit
    1714 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 13
    I believe with  the big updates your videocard drivers are reinstalled. I experienced that when going forth and back from 1809 to 1903.
    This also might explain the stutters, which should go away after several rounds.
    Further more it's important to note several windows settings are reset to default, including the game mode from windows.
    Might not explain your troubles but couldn't hurt to go over all your settings again.
    I'm not installing it yet, I have stutter free 1809 which runs fast and smooth enough. Maybe if I read from several sources it's an improvement for gaming.
    Ps. this update should fix the standby memory issue, which hasn't had an impact on my system but does on many others.
  • g0merpile
    edited November 13
    Thanks tfb, I always check my settings they were not changed at. This was the 1909 for me. I will show fps tomorrow the difference. I am back to 180fps to 200fps without the 1909. I was 90fps to 130fps with 1909. There were other issues was getting, delay start when loading, these were the same issues I had with the insiders testing
  • CSO7777
    g0merpile said:
    Thanks tfb, I always check my settings they were not changed at. This was the 1909 for me. I will show fps tomorrow the difference. I am back to 180fps to 200fps without the 1909. I was 90fps to 130fps with 1909. There were other issues was getting, delay start when loading, these were the same issues I had with the insiders testing
    I also observed a longer boot-time, but waiting a few seconds longer is not really an issue for me.

BFV feels the same as before and the FPS are more or less the same (around 100-120 FPS at 1440p on a GTX1080 with low to ultra settings). Apex Legends seems more fluid (no more stutters in the jump-ship), but this is all more or less only anecdotal evidence.

None of my settings or drivers has been changed in the upgrade.

For me it's the best build of Windows 10 since 1607. Having the improvements to the GUI and apparantly no more stand-by-memory issues is nice.
  • g0merpile
    @CSO it was not only windows, dreamweaver started really slow, 3dstudio max even worse, Anaconda, even bf5 would pause during loading I never had this with any other patch. This is MS way to try and block the exploit in processors. This exploit has nothing to do with YOU and I, it has to do with their own servers being exploited.
  • Carbonic
    Remember to update your bios. If a security exploit is fixed in the bios then the slower MS mitigation fixes don't run.