FireStorm

LYSERGIC-DMT-
5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
so have we just abandoned firestorm? no new updates to it ever. extremely long wait times all the time. an very little content added to the map. i feel the map is extremely basic compared to their other maps. needs a few town focal point add ons like aaras or somthing. i took a break for a couple months thinking id come back an it be fixed and all new content. but looks like its still just as bland as can be with still long wait times.. battle royal games are in right now still. except battlefields. with the lack of content, it makes it quite difficult to stay entertained specially dealing with long wait times. 

Comments

• iamwiener
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What is a FireStorm?
  • SirSpectacle
    814 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Firestorm development is officially on hold until the base game is fixed. Considering the amount of issues in BFV, that probably means on hold forever.
  • Titan_Awaken
    805 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Firestorm was and still is, a gimmick. 

It was/is an attempt to cash in on the BR hype train, grab a few headlines before becoming obsolete. When the devs sugarcoat it by saying it's "on hold" or "our priorities are currently X and Y", it is practically confirmation that it's been abandoned and left to rot. That was the plan from the start and it shouldn't come as a surprise.

Still don't think it's a gimmick? Well ask yourself this: Do you honestly think a BR mode will be included in the next BF game?

My spider senses tell me "NO!"
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5868 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Firestorm was and still is, a gimmick. 

It was/is an attempt to cash in on the BR hype train, grab a few headlines before becoming obsolete. When the devs sugarcoat it by saying it's "on hold" or "our priorities are currently X and Y", it is practically confirmation that it's been abandoned and left to rot. That was the plan from the start and it shouldn't come as a surprise.

Still don't think it's a gimmick? Well ask yourself this: Do you honestly think a BR mode will be included in the next BF game?

My spider senses tell me "NO!"
    Good riddance.
    BR has nothing to do with BF and community perfectly showed how really interested they are.
  • oXxDarknessxXo
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield fans are battlefield fans. We have a taste in our shooter that makes us love the game. None of us asked for a BR, we know what we want and we want battlefield
  • LEGIJAS_CCCC
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield fans are battlefield fans. We have a taste in our shooter that makes us love the game. None of us asked for a BR, we know what we want and we want battlefield
    excactly ..... they wasted so much time making the BR smh.
  • jroggs
    953 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They whom? Criterion? Because they made Firestorm, not DICE.

The members of the self-pitying, ignorant, weirdly-proud-of-not-liking-BRs crowd needs to learn to speak for themselves. A lot of people wanted a BR with Battlefield mechanics. And Firestorm had a massive amount of potential, it just got mishandled. And you know what? It doesn't draw Fortnite numbers, but a lot of people still play it despite its issues. If you don't, fine. But quit acting like its existence is ruining your enjoyment of BFV or that your tastes represent the "real fans' opinion."
  • ShevermiN
    394 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well 80% of the Battlefield community that I played with all jumped ship for PUBG after a few months in BF1 and they have never been back to Battlefield since.

Nothing wrong with the battle royal game mode they just have to get the balance and implementation right and they would have been on a winner.  But alas..

Maybe ask why after comp mode for Hardline failed, then comp mode for BF1 tanked why would they have tried for a 6v6 mode for BFV ??? 

And yes BR mode will be in the next Battlefield.

• tempo_rarity
    1178 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've never played certain Modes in BFV .
    They shouldn't be in the Game .
    What were they thinking?
     :p 
  • ChickenTheTank
    734 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hope they're going dark on firestorm in order to make some big updates that will go live at the same time they launch firestorm as a F2P stand alone download...

Dreaming I know.
  • TheFieryHotSauce
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hope they're going dark on firestorm in order to make some big updates that will go live at the same time they launch firestorm as a F2P stand alone download...

Dreaming I know.
    If that was something they were genuinely thinking of doing then they probably would've told us something by now instead of "work on Firestorm is suspended".