Low FPS on decent Hardware

1337FamilyGERMAN
8 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Hi, 
I bought yesterday Battlefield 5 and i have on low settings around 30-40 fps...
My system has this components:

Ryzen 5 2600
Gigabyte Raedon Vega 56
16GB DDR4 Ram 3200

So why is this so? ON LOW

Comments

• OskooI_007
    1201 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is ram in dual channel mode? You can check with CPU-Z.
  • BeastofBourbon84
    617 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Chipset type?
    Heard there are problems with pcie4 with 5700 series cards so try to set pcie to 3 in bios if you are running a 570 board.

Also make sure to activate future frame rendering in the game settings.

Did youcheck your workloads while playing?
    You'll want to get full load on the gpu.
  • 1337FamilyGERMAN
    @OskooI_007 Yes it is i checked it before
  • 1337FamilyGERMAN
    @BeastofBourbon84 My chipset is AM4 the normal from AMD. My Mainboard is an ASUS x370 Gaming Pro Carbon....

Future Frame Rendering makes it only slower

and what are my "Workloads"?
  • Hawxxeye
    6888 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BFV is notoriously poorly optimized
  • BeastofBourbon84
    617 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @BeastofBourbon84 My chipset is AM4 the normal from AMD. My Mainboard is an ASUS x370 Gaming Pro Carbon....

Future Frame Rendering makes it only slower

and what are my "Workloads"?
    Here's a picture of what i'm talking about:

Workload (on Testrange / MP is around 70%) is 36% for cpu and 95%-100% on the gpu.
    Notice that the GPU load in the windows taskmanager does not match the actual workload (redbox right) for some reason so don't rely on Taskmgr for gpu values.

This is the ideal case - the cpu does not throttle the gpu (is below 100%) and the gpu is pushing out as many frames as possible.
    If for example the CPU was at 100% while the gpu is only at 60% you'd have a cpu bottleneck which means the cpu can't provide enough data for the gpu to keep it busy.

Looking at your hardware your specs are evenly matched so you should be getting something like 70% cpu and 100% gpu workload.

Please see if you can recreate a screenshot like mine on your system so we can get to the bottom of this.
    From your infos it sounds like the gpu is idlying around at 40% while you are trying to play your game at a healthy framerate - we need to kick it's butt ;)
  • LostMyGolfBall
    1041 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    BFV is notoriously poorly optimized

Rubbish.   My cpu hits a max of 30-40ish % and gpu is maxed out on dx11 with FFR on. The game ran poorly on older hardware but that wasn't BF Vs fault. This game loves cores and a very strong gpu. 

• 1337FamilyGERMAN
    edited November 2019

Here´s mine so hopefully you can do someting with it.... Games like GTA in 4k no problem but Battlefield? 

In GTA is my CPU only at 50-60% and GPU at around 80-90% 

@BeastofBourbon84
  • BeastofBourbon84
    The game stuttered for months on my and many other pcs and consoles and runs better on dx12 then dx11 for me.

"Get a better pc" doesn't help anyone mate.
  • 1337FamilyGERMAN
    The game stuttered for months on my and many other pcs and consoles and runs better on dx12 then dx11 for me.

"Get a better pc" doesn't help anyone mate.
    But on my PC aut DX12 it runs smoother but needs around 3-5 minutes to load into the game and at a Mapchange

• BeastofBourbon84
    My post was for brosnan.

I'll have a look - no promises though the internet is full off "low gpu loads on vega56" threads :(
  • BeastofBourbon84
    Well there you have it - your cpu is at max while your gpu is tagging along at 60%.
    You mentioned 4k .... do you really have a 4k monitor?

High resolution usually puts more strain on the gpu then the cpu so if anything your gpu should be at 100 not your cpu.

Your problems with dx12 seem very strange too - why should dx12 impair your loading times? i can't make sense of it.
    Please post your graphic settings.
  • 1337FamilyGERMAN
    edited November 2019
    Well there you have it - your cpu is at max while your gpu is tagging along at 60%.
    You mentioned 4k .... do you really have a 4k monitor?

High resolution usually puts more strain on the gpu then the cpu so if anything your gpu should be at 100 not your cpu.

Your problems with dx12 seem very strange too - why should dx12 impair your loading times? i can't make sense of it.
    Please post your graphic settings.

Here are my Settings:   AAAANNND Yes  i have a 4k monitor but 1920x1080 l ike to play such games like battlefield with.

• BeastofBourbon84
    Red alert! Resolution scale is at 200%
    Your pc is rendering a 1080p image and then you upscale it to 4k.
    This kills performance.

First of all put resolution scale to 100%.
    Test.

Then try performance with future frame rendering on/off.

Vsync on/off

dx12 on/off (works better for me but might not for you)

Some other settings are personal preference but i'd turn:
    -motion blur to 0
    -chromatic aberration off
    -filmgrain off
    -vignette off
    -lens distortion off

All these settings just muck up the image but if you like the way the game looks with them keep them that way - they don't really mess with your performance much.
  • OskooI_007
    1201 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    Yup.

1080p @ 200% resolution scale = 4k

You'd be better off just setting your resolution to 4k and keep scaling @ 100%.

The math for resolution scaling is simple.

1080p x 2 = 2160p (200% resolution scaling)
    1080p x 1.25 = 1350p (125% resolution scaling)

I know you said turning on future frame rendering causes stutter, but having it off lowers the frame rate.
    Post edited by OskooI_007 on
  • Tip_the_Cap
    385 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's the game, man. Everyone else has the same problem.

Contact Dice, and voice your displeasure.
  • g0merpile
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's the game, man. Everyone else has the same problem.

Contact Dice, and voice your displeasure.

speak for yourself, I dont not have any of this issue, not everyone has either, only some
  • BeastofBourbon84
    I'm very confident that the suggested changes will enhance his experience by a lot.

I hope he'll report back on how it went.
  • nice_shot_indeed
    182 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Here´s mine so hopefully you can do someting with it.... Games like GTA in 4k no problem but Battlefield? 

@BeastofBourbon84
    Look at that CPU utilization section, it's only showing 3 cores instead of  6. You have 1 CCX disabled in the BIOS for some reason. Head into the BIOS and enable all 6 cores.
    Also, make sure SMT is enabled. in task manager, the CPU section should be showing 6 cores 12 threads. 
    I have a Ryzen 5 2600 OC to 4.1GHz and I get around 130fps on low settings.
  • 1337FamilyGERMAN

@BeastofBourbon84
    Look at that CPU utilization section, it's only showing 3 cores instead of  6. You have 1 CCX disabled in the BIOS for some reason. Head into the BIOS and enable all 6 cores.
    Also, make sure SMT is enabled. in task manager, the CPU section should be showing 6 cores 12 threads. 
    I have a Ryzen 5 2600 OC to 4.1GHz and I get around 130fps on low settings.
    How i do this? I donno what that is