5.2 TTK change [Megathread]

Comments

  • SgtMDuck
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I want my grandma to play so lets raise the TTK
    Turning the game into noobs paradise and exkluding the real BF community, put the "new" TTK in other servers for just newbies, noobs or my grandma - nothing wrong with that!
    And absolutely nothing wrong with being a newbie in these games, took me a couple of thousand hours to really enjoy and get a decent K/D in BF4 and still getting by ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ whooped, frustrating as hell sometimes but fun non the less =)

    Do not mess with the core of the game for us who feed you every time you bring a new game DICE - This might be the final blow for BFV, just as it was so enjoyable and almost everybody happy with the Pacific release. 

    Not looking forward to the update in TTK, think you gonna loose a lot of the core community AGAIN...


    Well it is Christmas time so EA want to be able to promote their armory and get new sales. + my grandma is getting a copy of BFV, let´s change the TTK EA (It is brilliant)

  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    (Quote)
    (Quote)
    So what the hell would you know about BF4 player counts if this is your FIRST BF.

    Changes to fundamental like gunplay added more players seen it every BF including hardline. Many BF players had premium yet by the time of the last DLC player count where still low. It was CTE(good and bad) weapon changes that saved BF4 from disater. Even BF1 saw more up take after gunplay changes. New content is only short term. If DICE thought new content brought new players back our gadget and melee bins would be overflowing.

    Poor map design are you kidding the isssues I have with the BFV maps is clutter there is just to many small things that are not needed and I can't destroy the enemies V1 and artillery sites. Weapons, vehicles or gadgets being effective or avaiable is a bigger issue.

    Maps are design to highlight different vehicles, weapons, modes or tactics. In many cases it not poor design it how the players play them like zerg everywhere. Kubra Dam or Wetlands actual many of the BF2 was great for sniper camping but had places where heavy CQB could take place, but yes today we do have wimps that as soon as someone camps they start crying and demand that DICE change weapons or maps so their zerging goes on.

    Just like we got people in this thread complaing that a icon above their head that only appear at 15m when some directly looks at them is so crippling they can no longer flank. 

    In the time I’ve been on here I’ve read a lot about what happened with BF4 because people keep talking about it and using it as a case study

    I’m not saying that gunplay changes don’t affect population size but if BF4’s bugs and netcode had never been fix and the DLCs never came it would’ve crashed and burned. Similarly if BFV’s bugs and glitches at launch were never improved upon a lot of people would’ve never come back. It’s like how we’ve seen a lot of people come back for the Pacific (new content) and stay because the Pacific’s maps have a whole new meta for map design. If panzerstorm and al sundan (also new content) hadn’t been added the vehicle purists would mostly have left by now

    There’s a difference between tweaking weapon balance and introducing a whole new system for gunplay. A series of changes that make a game with gunplay issues better probably benefited class and weapon balance which like I said are also issues which need to be dealt with.
    Only time will tell if 5.2 makes the game better or worse but the only time in BF history where a whole new system for gunplay was introduced was in BFI where the TTKs were lowered significantly across the board to value’s close to BFV’s and you said it yourself that that increased BFI’s population size

    We clearly have different preferences for map design but if you have an issue with there being too much clutter on BFV’s maps then you too have an issue with the map design.
    Btw what do you think of the Pacific maps?

    I get the feeling that you camp a lot with SARs and MGs so try spending a month doing nothing but attacking. Maps that are littered with big open patches that are practically shooting ranges that you have to traverse sucks for infantry and you know what’s really frustrating? Trying to get from A to B only to get killed again and again by someone you can’t see. Pretty much every day there’s at least one new post on here that complains about how much that sucks. Has it ever occurred to you that that might also drive some players away?

    There are also a lot of wimps who can’t stand getting negative KDs ptfo and so spend all their time camped at one of the shooting ranges on the maps with an MMG or SAR

    I don’t support all the claims against the 5.2 spotting system but again, just spend a month doing nothing but attacking.
    On this topic personally I think that the icon should be dimmer than a regular spotting icon and become more prominent over the course of say 5 seconds
  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    Abcde
    Post edited by mf_shro0m on
  • PeteDEN72
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    With the new spotting system (notifications), the new players will be easier to spot, right ? Do you think that will be fun for the new players?
    Also wanting to be the sneaky/ninja type, hiding in bushes, will be a thing of the past. That is a real shame. I see that DICE wants to making it easier to see people. But in my opinion, this is not the way to do it!
    Come on DICE ... don't do this !!!
    I fear you will be pushing core players like myself and others, away for good !!!
    It is sad, as the latest Pacific update has been really fun so far.
  • Blackidus
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If they go through with this i´m out. 
  • Tullzter
    1271 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am not liking these TTK changes, i mean we've yet to see how it'll play out but 8 bullets at 75m from the STG44 is just ridiculous, it'll be a bullet sponge festival everywhere, this makes no sense, even the MG42 nerf makes no sense, 14 bullets to kill is too much...i mean yes sure a nerf of the LMGs is welcome but not total annihiliation of the class
  • lnfaCt
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm ok with an icon who pops out only for you when you are  EXACTLY aiming on a player, BUT getting automatically a icon over your head when someone is nearby you? Thats a BIG NO from me and it goes way to far.

  • Tullzter
    1271 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lnfaCt said:
    I'm ok with an icon who pops out only for you when you are  EXACTLY aiming on a player, BUT getting automatically a icon over your head when someone is nearby you? Thats a BIG NO from me and it goes way to far.

    it can only be visible to the player that's near you though but i agree, i don't know why they are making changes that the playerbase hasn't asked for
  • Zunloa
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice, feel free to balance the weapons around. BUT, DO NOT RAISE THE TTK OVERALL. Thank you.
  • GrizzGolf
    1422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Zunloa said:
    Dice, feel free to balance the weapons around. BUT, DO NOT RAISE THE TTK OVERALL. Thank you.
    I think that's what they should be doing anyways
  • DingoKillr
    4352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    PeteDEN72 said:
    With the new spotting system (notifications), the new players will be easier to spot, right ? Do you think that will be fun for the new players?
    Also wanting to be the sneaky/ninja type, hiding in bushes, will be a thing of the past. That is a real shame. I see that DICE wants to making it easier to see people. But in my opinion, this is not the way to do it!
    Come on DICE ... don't do this !!!
    I fear you will be pushing core players like myself and others, away for good !!!
    It is sad, as the latest Pacific update has been really fun so far.
    Spotting notification tells you been spotted nothing else it does not make new players easier to spot.
    The new passive icon needs you to be looked at directly, less than 15m away and have nothing obstructing the view.  If you can't sneak around with the new setting then it a you issue.
  • DingoKillr
    4352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    mf_shro0m said:
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    (Quote)
    (Quote)
    So what the hell would you know about BF4 player counts if this is your FIRST BF.

    Changes to fundamental like gunplay added more players seen it every BF including hardline. Many BF players had premium yet by the time of the last DLC player count where still low. It was CTE(good and bad) weapon changes that saved BF4 from disater. Even BF1 saw more up take after gunplay changes. New content is only short term. If DICE thought new content brought new players back our gadget and melee bins would be overflowing.

    Poor map design are you kidding the isssues I have with the BFV maps is clutter there is just to many small things that are not needed and I can't destroy the enemies V1 and artillery sites. Weapons, vehicles or gadgets being effective or avaiable is a bigger issue.

    Maps are design to highlight different vehicles, weapons, modes or tactics. In many cases it not poor design it how the players play them like zerg everywhere. Kubra Dam or Wetlands actual many of the BF2 was great for sniper camping but had places where heavy CQB could take place, but yes today we do have wimps that as soon as someone camps they start crying and demand that DICE change weapons or maps so their zerging goes on.

    Just like we got people in this thread complaing that a icon above their head that only appear at 15m when some directly looks at them is so crippling they can no longer flank. 

    In the time I’ve been on here I’ve read a lot about what happened with BF4 because people keep talking about it and using it as a case study

    I’m not saying that gunplay changes don’t affect population size but if BF4’s bugs and netcode had never been fix and the DLCs never came it would’ve crashed and burned. Similarly if BFV’s bugs and glitches at launch were never improved upon a lot of people would’ve never come back. It’s like how we’ve seen a lot of people come back for the Pacific (new content) and stay because the Pacific’s maps have a whole new meta for map design. If panzerstorm and al sundan (also new content) hadn’t been added the vehicle purists would mostly have left by now

    There’s a difference between tweaking weapon balance and introducing a whole new system for gunplay. A series of changes that make a game with gunplay issues better probably benefited class and weapon balance which like I said are also issues which need to be dealt with.
    Only time will tell if 5.2 makes the game better or worse but the only time in BF history where a whole new system for gunplay was introduced was in BFI where the TTKs were lowered significantly across the board to value’s close to BFV’s and you said it yourself that that increased BFI’s population size

    We clearly have different preferences for map design but if you have an issue with there being too much clutter on BFV’s maps then you too have an issue with the map design.
    Btw what do you think of the Pacific maps?

    I get the feeling that you camp a lot with SARs and MGs so try spending a month doing nothing but attacking. Maps that are littered with big open patches that are practically shooting ranges that you have to traverse sucks for infantry and you know what’s really frustrating? Trying to get from A to B only to get killed again and again by someone you can’t see. Pretty much every day there’s at least one new post on here that complains about how much that sucks. Has it ever occurred to you that that might also drive some players away?

    There are also a lot of wimps who can’t stand getting negative KDs ptfo and so spend all their time camped at one of the shooting ranges on the maps with an MMG or SAR

    I don’t support all the claims against the 5.2 spotting system but again, just spend a month doing nothing but attacking.
    On this topic personally I think that the icon should be dimmer than a regular spotting icon and become more prominent over the course of say 5 seconds
    BF4 CTE also brought in a major gun adjust too.  
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    mf_shro0m said:

    This is my first BF and the first two months were horrible but I kept at it because games tend to be more fun when you’re better at them and you can only get better by practising.
    At the start of my third month I had a 0.7 KD lol and now I average around 2.5 and the game is usually fun these days

    Sees BF4, BFH, and BF1 behind his name and thinks ... WHAAAAAAT ?!?!?!  :/  :o
  • ElliotLH
    9599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Sees BF4, BFH, and BF1 behind his name and thinks ... WHAAAAAAT ?!?!?!  :/  :o

    Maybe they bought backwards like I did? BF1 was my first and I got BF3, BF4, BFH and BFBC2 off the back of it.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Sees BF4, BFH, and BF1 behind his name and thinks ... WHAAAAAAT ?!?!?!  :/  :o

    Maybe they bought backwards like I did? BF1 was my first and I got BF3, BF4, BFH and BFBC2 off the back of it.
    Could be, I can't find his stats, so his forum name is not the same as his gaming name ...
  • PeteDEN72
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PeteDEN72 said:
    With the new spotting system (notifications), the new players will be easier to spot, right ? Do you think that will be fun for the new players?
    Also wanting to be the sneaky/ninja type, hiding in bushes, will be a thing of the past. That is a real shame. I see that DICE wants to making it easier to see people. But in my opinion, this is not the way to do it!
    Come on DICE ... don't do this !!!
    I fear you will be pushing core players like myself and others, away for good !!!
    It is sad, as the latest Pacific update has been really fun so far.
    Spotting notification tells you been spotted nothing else it does not make new players easier to spot.
    The new passive icon needs you to be looked at directly, less than 15m away and have nothing obstructing the view.  If you can't sneak around with the new setting then it a you issue.
    So if you are hiding in a bush, and somebody zigzags their crosshair over the bush (within 15 m), to my understanding you will show up ?! right ?
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1691 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    Tullzter said:
    I am not liking these TTK changes, i mean we've yet to see how it'll play out but 8 bullets at 75m from the STG44 is just ridiculous, it'll be a bullet sponge festival everywhere, this makes no sense, even the MG42 nerf makes no sense, 14 bullets to kill is too much...i mean yes sure a nerf of the LMGs is welcome but not total annihiliation of the class
    Makes zero sense to me. MG42 14 bullets to kill is insane - I know it is high rate of fire but obtaining 14 bullet hits at 100+ metres effectively ruins the use of this weapon at ranges where it was once effective. This is not a close combat weapon but a weapon to contain and suppress.

    I'm guessing all MMG's will have the same dynamic, effectively making the MMG's pointless. 

    DICE are talking about making all weapons equally good (or bad as the case may be) and not having one weapon that is all powerful.  They way DICE have gone about it is completely nonsensical! 

    8 bullets at 75m with the STG 44 is bonkers absolutely bonkers - how can this possibly be fun?

    DICE have completely lost the plot - who is responsible for these changes?
  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    (Quote)
    BF4 CTE also brought in a major gun adjust too.  

    The end result was TTKs like BFV’s and everyone loves BF4
  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Sees BF4, BFH, and BF1 behind his name and thinks ... WHAAAAAAT ?!?!?!  :/  :o

    Oh yeh I forgot about HL

    BFI I got at launch and stopped playing after 2 weeks because the guns felt like peashooters which made the gunplay trash. The gunplay felt so bad that I chucked my £80 purchase (I got premium) into the shed after two weeks. Six months ago I went back to BFI after hearing about it’s new, faster TTKs, TTK2.0, and because I was bored of BFV because of the lack of content. Now I love BFI

    Then a few months ago I bought BF4 because once again I was bored of BFV due to the lack of content
  • Trokey66
    9160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    mf_shro0m wrote: »
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    (Quote)
    BF4 CTE also brought in a major gun adjust too.  

    The end result was TTKs like BFV’s and everyone loves BF4

    On paper only, 'spread mechanics' including suppression, were a lot stronger in BF4.

    To deny BFV's gunplay is NOT a contributing factor for players leaving is naive at best, ignorant at worse.
This discussion has been closed.