5.2 TTK change [Megathread]

Comments

• menaceuk
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    Honestly, I don't know if all this is worth discussing at this point since we have no idea how it is going to play out. All we know is that there will be changes in the BTK but how will it affect TTK? This man tried to tell you but y'all aren't listening
    PartWelsh said:
    moose004 said:
    The graph at 4:56...are they seriously saying that an MG42 will take THIRTEEN ROUNDS to kill somebody at 100 meters with these changes?
    Please consider that we're making ROF and Recoil adjustments to the weapons too. It's going to be best to view these changes in the context of gameplay when you get hands on next month.
    Maybe some one should change the thread title to " 5.2 BTK Change "

No need to. 

The TTK is increasing. Looking how many bullets xtra it takes. To not increase TTK with these BTK changes would mean ridiculous ROF buffs. It isn't happening.

All they have done is give half the info and then tell you to wait and try  it cause vague reason. All in a poor attempt to stop backlash.  
  • The_BERG_366
    2781 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Conker wrote: »
    (Quote)

then why is it an issue now? you still have to run "close" to a potential enemy in order to activate it :joy:
  • 19Romulus84
    110 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TTK works fine, I learned to play this game when I was 35 years old. This was my first encounter with Muliplayer. I ran into Conquest in the Desolation and ran like crazy shooting left and right as if in amok and so I learned to play this game. All weapons are now very well balanced. With SOUMI I can approach and kill the guy lying with MMG, and that's probably good. Who do you want to help with this change and which player to attract? What will turn BFV on for 5 minutes on holidays and blow them off immediately after people who have 800 hours in the game and each class developed to level 20? SOUMI is already difficult to kill ą medium distance because you have to let go of several series and the sniper will sometimes get off the roof and escape and if there are 7-8 bullets needed then it will be comical. I will blow the BFV off the disk when you touch this TTK, I swear I will throw the game that I love off the disk, my hands off about TTK and the balance of weapons which is good now, is optimal and all weapons are well balanced. This game is meant to be fast and the strength of this game are short clashes and quick fire exchanges at short and medium distances, and unwillingness and lying on the bushes and using one hundred balls to kill someone. You will destroy this game, hands off TTK and balance that are good right now. Yes, you make these sick changes so that they play the game anyway 3 times and get rid of the players what they have recorded 800 hours. Make slow, weak game over long distances so that Sunday players are happy to lie in the bushes and hit MMG on the back 200 meters? You will make BFV a slow stealth game with Sunday players hiding everywhere and let everyone be covered and hide now instead of attacking and fighting in close quarters. I heard that new players are shocked and do not know where to hide in the game because they are constantly killed, that they do not know which hole to enter. Hahaha they are not supposed to hide, they are supposed to teach us to shoot in close quarters at various distances and not to lie down, hide and shoot us in the back because that's not the point. Now you can shoot at short, medium and long distances and the good thing is that I can KM-Lewis kill someone from the hip or that with SOUMI I can kill some hiding and lying from MG-42 clown like this will not be the game for me . Łapska off TTK because it is great and everything is now well balanced. I am often killed by people from gewerh1-5 at a distance of 5 meters as I have SOUMI. He often gets a short distance on the paws from people with semi-automatic rifles, as sometimes I can sometimes kill on a medium distance some guests from MMG what is good? You will destroy this game and destroy your balance. Don't bury in TTK and balance because everything works extremely well there.
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This patch will be well received on console because of the absurd visibility & TTD issue we have since launch ( linked to TTK and 30hz servers ) but i doubt PC players will like it unfortunately ... Personally i think a game where you can react is more fun than a game where you can die instantly
  • menaceuk
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This patch will be well received on console because of the absurd visibility & TTD issue we have since launch ( linked to TTK and 30hz servers ) but i doubt PC players will like it unfortunately ... Personally i think a game where you can react is more fun than a game where you can die instantly
    No it wont. 

And this wont rix TTD and arguably wont fix visibility either.
  • Rainy100
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Activision have employees within Dice OR the decision makers within Dice are being paid to make the wrong decisions on purpose - this is NOT the behaviour of a company that actively wants to retain a player base for its game.

This game has been one calamity after another, yet despite this I still play and support the game / community for what is one of very few games that are made from the ground up for the PC market, of which I am appreciative. 

I've just returned to playing BFV after several months away, sick of bugs, cheaters etc, you know the usual stuff the community have been moaning about for the last year. I found that various bugs had been fixed, I mean it still plays like **** despite having a modern I7, 16gb ram and 1080 but alas I play anyway because for the most part it is an enjoyable shooter. Its laughable that cheating still happens on the scale it does....but I thought the game as whole (12 months after release  :D) was starting to take shape - yay! Oh wait...

The newly announced TTK changes just goes to prove how out of touch the staff are at Dice.

allow me to summarise my thoughts...

I COULDN'T GIVE A FLYING **** ABOUT ANOTHER NEW MAP OR ANOTHER NEW WEAPON. 

LEAVE TTK ALONE
    STOP THE BUGS
    STOP CHEATING 

SORT THE ABOVE FIRST - ADD NEW CONTENT LATER 
  • 19Romulus84
    No, if someone starts shooting at you, you will bend the masses, you have to think and act in such a way that you react in such a way that you kill. Anyway, even now when I shoot a guy as the first of 2 meters SOUMI and in the heat of the fight I don't hit him in the head, he will kill me with a trench carabiner where he must press the trigger. Stop telling ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ that it will change something for the better, because it will change to 100% but for the worse. The fact that in this game you often die but it comes from the fact that the weapon is quite strong and TTK realistic as it is and is to remain so. Yes, TTK is quite realistic and well balanced. Why do I, when sometimes I start shooting first, also die first? Now it is so and I do not play bad so it will not help in any way to improve the reflex of a person who does not have it and will only slow down the game and the exchange of fire will make tiring, long, tedious and unreal. The exchange of fire is to be quick and the end pif paf and in the sand. This game is and killing now is relatively well balanced (for me personally killing now takes too long) perfect. Take care of the balance in games, modes and teams and cheats because these are problems and not some stupid and destructive realism of the game lengthening TTK, changes that will not help anyone. Not everyone can and must be able to play such games. I also get angry sometimes when better people kill me but this is life. I dump this game from the disk.
  • ViolationofDerp
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They are indeed implementing changes to the TTK, but not like last Christmas.
    TTK.2 added one BTK to all weapons. 
    TTK.3 is a full weapon overhaul including rate of fire and recoil. I believe the aim is to make the player to utilise more weapons as befits the situation combining weapon knowledge, mastery of multiple guns, map knowledge and opponent analysis. 

It's happening because V hasn't been well received. In terms of sales and player retention V is underperforming. A more lethal approach was indeed advertised but as it has been rejected by so many Dice have been forced to make changes to try and tempt players back/attract and keep new players.
    You may have noticed Dice's attempts to increase visibility, spotting etc over the last year.

This is pure supposition but I imagine that Dice where hoping that with the launch of the Pacific combined with the free play weekends across all platforms, the player base would pick up. It seems this hasn't happened and Dice have decided to pull the trigger on changing the gunplay.

No idea if it will be good or bad, but I'm intrigued as what it will be like. I understand people are upset but personally I can't wait to try out TTK.3
    Im on your side, I still think the current TTK just doesn't work with current video performance issues (atleast on PC) and especially the current Network issues. Also isn't this primarily a nerf to the medic MPs like Thompson and Suomi so many people were complaining about?
  • BeastofBourbon84
    738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SIy_Badger wrote: »
    My voice won't be heard, anyway - this is GREAT change to come. I cannot understand how this  game have so terrible ttk, it feels like 3 x faster than BF1 or BF3 or anything else. ANy camping noob owns you in 0.2 seconds. Mix it with terrible visibility and dying is just the story of this game.  I also do not understand all t his crying - it will be increased over range, absolutely fantastic idea - i am fed up with those camping MG-gunners half of the mpa from me, scoring 27/0. On the other hand, game will be much more dynamic in close combat and will give some leeway to new players, who go into shock mode, coming from BF1 , where they had decent stats and here they score 4/12 after months of playing. Nah, don't tell me "go play COD then". I hate ttk in current shape and I am looking with big optimism into this. To such extent that I may even buy this game, finally.

"Range" being 12meters and it's only getting worse at 24 meters...
    That's not "half way across the map (which is bs anyway).
    I can throw my grenade further than that.

No idea why people that are late to the party expect not to get wrecked but I guarantee you that if you're easily frustrated you still won't have a good time with the new ttk.

Vets will simply farm with the things that weren't nerfed like carbines, slrs, bars, throwing knifes even.
    Not to mention the vehicles.
  • SFSeventh
    271 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SFSeventh said:
    Hey i came here to get some answers because Reddit isn't being very helpful regarding this. I'd like to know a couple of things because i am very worried about how this update could negatively impact my experience with BFV's gameplay. Maybe i am just a little paranoid because last year's TTK 2.0 was so horrible but this seems like it's going to do the exact same thing after i saw the graphs provided by DICE in their post.

So why is this change needed ? Most players seem okay with the current balance, sure some weapons need tweaks but a full rework of all weapons is pretty over the top.

Why are they shoving this down our throat when last year we clearly decided that we do not want this change ? If i remember correctly BFV was supposed to promote very lethal gunplay by design so it's not like it was done by mistake.

And if this change does indeed come with 5.2 and people don't like it, will they revert the changes or will we be forced to play like this forever ?

-------------------
    At this time i am strongly against these changes.

I know that the current system is far from perfect, and some weapons  are waaaaaay overused and there is not much variation. I'd love to see some weapon diversity and fresh gameplay, but this looks like it's going to stray very far away from what we are currently playing.

Thanks is advance.
    They are indeed implementing changes to the TTK, but not like last Christmas.
    TTK.2 added one BTK to all weapons. 
    TTK.3 is a full weapon overhaul including rate of fire and recoil. I believe the aim is to make the player to utilise more weapons as befits the situation combining weapon knowledge, mastery of multiple guns, map knowledge and opponent analysis. 

It's happening because V hasn't been well received. In terms of sales and player retention V is underperforming. A more lethal approach was indeed advertised but as it has been rejected by so many Dice have been forced to make changes to try and tempt players back/attract and keep new players.
    You may have noticed Dice's attempts to increase visibility, spotting etc over the last year.

This is pure supposition but I imagine that Dice where hoping that with the launch of the Pacific combined with the free play weekends across all platforms, the player base would pick up. It seems this hasn't happened and Dice have decided to pull the trigger on changing the gunplay.

No idea if it will be good or bad, but I'm intrigued as what it will be like. I understand people are upset but personally I can't wait to try out TTK.3
    Thanks for the insight, i'll try to keep an open mind.
  • 19Romulus84
    You don't like SOUMI so take it and play it. Spend hundreds of hours with this weapon and then complain that I will kill you with it. Yes, consistency? In the previous two patch SOUMI got a buff and now it's suddenly too good right? I play this game a lot and players from all weapons are killing me and SOUMI is no exception. Just nothing will help some people. SOUMI is a weapon like any other. Take and spend many hours with one weapon, learn it, explore the maps, do not hide in the bushes, play in different modes, then you will play well with each weapon. A good player will play well for everyone and a weak player will not play well and never. These changes will not hit the best anyway because the best will always be the best, extending the killing time is stupid, childish, fatal and will not help anyone in any way and there is a good chance that it will break the game. It certainly will not save this game and those who play it like it as it is. The sense of sports and competitive games, and BFV has a lot of sports games, is that I have to be more perceptive than the rest, I have to be better at emancipating the environment, I have better reflexes and a faster hand. This is a competitive game and you will never make Ronaldo out of ciamajda. Leave this TTK alone because it's good and it's supposed to be fast and the weapons are well balanced. I was personally disturbed by them, as was played by SOUMI. It would turn out who is better with SOUMI, well, how would you come out with those like those in tight products, just like going out in the whole game or on a medium-short distance. You would die like flies because some people are not helped by anything. I know that you were prepared so that I could not kill SOUMI and you would kill me with one shot to play in the bushes. SOUMI everyone can take and play it as it is so great there are no obstacles, not to complain that people who play it, who spent a lot of time with him were kill. They are better and always are because one has talent and the other does not and this one is changed by nobody and nothing and shorter TTK the better. It is not difficult to play CoDa. I love BFV because I have 800 hours in it and such stupid talk that the lengthened TTK will attract someone to the game or teach someone to play better, make me laugh. This game is a year old and if someone does not like this mechanic and does not understand it, he does not understand it, he cannot adapt to it and will never do it again. This game is a year old and it is a lot and I am able to attract nothing new to anyone and let it be longer TTK but to discourage those who like the game I still like
  • ZuluWarGod
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Have to say I am loving rhe proposed changes!!

Got to hand it to you DICE you are hitting your stride. Pacific is epic and after I quit on bf5 I am back to playing it.

I hope this will be a start and you can continue the great work done.
  • CT1924
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have some concerns with this.
    1.)Fights decided by rof?- Remember Battlefront 2(EA)? That ttk was way too slow. Gub fights came down to rof, not skill. That cannot happen.
    2.)Reaction time- Having reaction time is good, but I feel that there is a decent reaction time right now. A little slower(.5 seconds) would be ok...but not ideal. I deal would be .5 seconds faster.
    3.)You didn't ask us- Can we please have a poll before you make drastic changes like this? To my knowledge, no one wanted this.
    4.)The meta is getting good. Don't kill it, just tweak it- Also, why are you nerfing everyone but the snipers? (good call on bolt action medic guns though :smiley: ) Also, what are you doing to mag sizes? 20 round mags are dropping from a guaranteed 2 kills/mag to 1, maybe 2 with headshots. I could land 3-4 before, so large mag sizes or quick reloads could become a new, op meta...further buffing 250 round mmgs. :frowning: While their ttk will be slightly lower, assault rifles, lmgs, smgs, etc, will be affected more. The mg 42 can get a rof of 1,200. This will barely make a dent.
    5.)Useless guns Lower rof guns, made for skill and accuracy, like the Bren gun(514 rof), will have very slow ttks, to the point where there will have to be no cover whatsoever if you hope to score a kill. The Madsen will be toast, it will not deal nearly enough damage.
    6.)Tank buff!?- I think you just inadvertently buffed tanks, as I assume their mmg is not affected.
    7.)Wait-Roll out private servers first, so the community can change the settings if we don't like it, rather than stop playing for a month.
    This is just honest feedback. I am glad the devs are being bold and making meaningful changes. I just want to give input on whether or not those changes are necessarily the best possible changes.

Devs, not sure if this helps at all. I only play the game, I don't know how to make it.
  • FranzJeger
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Meanwhile the new COD game has one of the fastest TTK ever and casuals are playing the hell out of that game. 

Proposed TTK is utter BS and the majority of BFV players don't want it, to the few players that actually wants the change, I will say the following: If you can't handle the current TTK in BFV, play another game like Apex, Fortnite or BF1. There are plenty of game that suits your need for bulletsponge enemies.

BFV was sold on the premise of more realistic gunnplay, which have been one of the few aspects which make the game fun. The game flopped player retention wise because of insane amount of bugs, Dice SJW Sweden insulting players, lack of content and cheaters.

The game has a steep learning curve but that in-turn makes the game more engaging when you master it. The hole reason while I still play BFV is because of gunnplay, I have been ignoring all other Dice mistakes and shortcomings for this title. Do not for the love of god/buddah/alllah whatever, change one of the few aspects of this game which have been solid all the way through the game's life cycle. 
  • filthmcnasty
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    FF_smart27 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Because the community has been taken over by noobs!
    They tremble at the thought that they will have to get off their belly and move closer to the objective and earn their kills! They see their biggest fear becoming reality...they will no longer be able to hide in their dark corners because they will be instantly spotted!

Dice is pi$$ing on the noob parade and i love it 

Noobs? The people that fought off the first ttk change were vets. I like the current ttk and have been playing for over 10 years! I DO NOT want the insane ttk of BF1 again!
  • ashar_saleem121
    1392 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    1) Corner campers get nerfed with the 3d spotting

2) Prone MMG meta gone forever with the ttk increase.

3) higher ttk means you can now react to being shot, make adjustments, aim, and potentially kill whoever is shooting at you.

Is anyone going to complain about these things finally being addressed?

Sounds like worthwhile changes. Considering Dice has dropped some good patches the last half of 2019 why the hate train before even trying the changes.

Dude don't I remember you loving the faster TTK in BF1 and this game as well? What changed? Not that I'm complaining since I agree with you. Just curious
  • SmileAsTheyDie
    502 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    FF_smart27 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Because the community has been taken over by noobs!
    They tremble at the thought that they will have to get off their belly and move closer to the objective and earn their kills! They see their biggest fear becoming reality...they will no longer be able to hide in their dark corners because they will be instantly spotted!

Dice is pi$$ing on the noob parade and i love it 

Noobs? The people that fought off the first ttk change were vets. I like the current ttk and have been playing for over 10 years! I DO NOT want the insane ttk of BF1 again!
    In some cases the vets are noobs
This discussion has been closed.