5.2 TTK change [Megathread]

Comments

• rorypreston
    240 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    People who are saying the TTK backlash is only a small part of the player base are kidding themselves.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 said:
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    (Quote)

A "few rounds" translates to +2 +6. Hits that is, not bullets. If you need 14 or even just 10 bullets to kill, that this is a huge portion of any mag size. But I am sure they will add a drum magazine on the M1 Garand, or a 50 round, 1m long stick magazine on the side of the MP34.
    If you have 30 rounds in your weapon and need 10 to kill an opponent you need an accuracy of 33%. Look at your own stats and consider your own accuracy. You are below that? Well, so is everyone else.Two days ago, a guy here said that tapping on the head is the way to kill an enemy at 30m with the Tommy Gun. Accuracy showed 11%. New BTK model means 9 BTK, or five headshots. Well that is not even happening with a drum magazine.People simply do not analyze their own stats, they have no idea at the ranges they actively engage, or are forced to engage, nor do they know the already tight limits on many weapon classes of BFV. Like people still think that the STG44 is a good weapon, or that recoil control is all skill and 100% counterable.

Stg44 is good though(compared to everything else). Practically no recoil, and if you go all left specs you have the draw time of an smg and mobile accuracy. Vertically recoil can be adjusted for, but not negated. So yes and no.

You quoted me from back when 5.0 was still live. :D Vrec, by the way is something that is totally counterable simply by moving your mouse down. Hence it is usually disregarded in things like FTK charts. Hrec, spread to recoil and recoil pattern however is not totally counterable. It randomly shifts you aimpoint to the left or right after every shot up, which can be up to 1200 RPM. And yeah in 5.0 the STG44 was pretty much the worst weapon the Assault had, and was objectively one of the worst weapons in the game.
  • Foxassassin
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    m4derr said:
    New patch breaks almost everything in the game.

1 - if you have 20 hp, you can't outplay a 100hp player, even from behind, indeed, he has time to turn around, to drink 3 coffees and to kill you.
    2 - need to reload after 1 to 2 kills...
    3 - tanks & planes are way too op without any good infantry counter weapon, if you are a good tank/plane, you can literally stay alive a full breakthrough game, wrecking ennemies line like butter
    4 - you can't kill a guy crossing from one cover to another cover if you don't have time to put 25 bullets in his body...

Well, totally crap, made for noobs, creating weird situations. Game had a competitiv feeling, now i have the feeling i'm playing bulletsponge The Division...
    People keep comparing the TTK to other games,but it most reminds me of Planetside 2's. And that should be worrying.
    -
    The guns in that game have the same,or slightly better falloff for the most part,dispite the map being a litteral continent, and everything still feels like bulletsponges. With the express intent of forcing players to make every shot a headshot. Center mass will just get you killed most of the time,even if you get the drop on your enemy. Shotguns have even lower dropoff than in BF5,you pretty much have to be touching the other player to get full damage,and it still takes several shots
    -
    Tanks are near useless for attacking anything other than other tanks as ALL explosives in the game do near nothing to infantry. The only way to kill both air and vehicles is to have MASS amounts of people armed with rockets volley firing at a single vehicle,OR have someone, one singular person run around with C4 (usualy the Light assault class which can fly),which a lone player can solo all but one vehicle in the game alone,with just two sticks of C4. Unless the vehicle uses a perk that reduces c4 damage specifically
    There's only one rocket launcher in the game that can kill with a direct hit. Underbarel grenade launchers take three to four DIRECT hits to kill someone (variables because of shields and whatnot) and next to no splash range. Smoke launchers don't work and are mostly used for lagging other players rather than cover. The game's primary grenade launcher takes three direct hits to kill and has next to no splash range.
    -
    Then come air. The same mentality as here. "You just need to get into an aircraft yourself" while aircraft just farm infantry with no real threats. As the aircraft in that game can hover,it's easier to hit them with explosives,but they're much tankier too. Anti-aircraft guns and tanks have a very low (50M?) damage ceiling,which afterwards, not only drastically lowers damage,but the velocity of the AA rounds slows to a crawl,and it's next to impossible to hit them anyway. Some of the discriptions on said guns even just call them "deterents". Meanwhile the aircraft has several means of healing, an over time regen,an emergency repair,or just flying off somewhere to land and heal manually
    -

Does that sound familiar? Or how people are trying to push this game towards?
    Extreme focus on headshot only?
    Pathetic range damage?
    Useless explosives?
    Armor's only existance being to fight other armor?
    People wanting to solo a tank with minimal effort?
    AA nerfed into the ground?
    Over dominating air?
    The mentality that some roles need mass numbers to clear? (aircraft in particular)
    -

I don't want to see Battlefield like this...
  • Firked
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I bought a new gaming PC last year  before Christmas with the aim of getting back into the new Battlefield series after a LOONG break from gaming altogether... What have you done to the game? This isn' Battlefield, it is a big steaming pile of rubbish. 

I feel quite angry about it! It is now a really, really, bad game. 
  • GrizzGolf
    1422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I was wrong. I see they are turning it back to 5.0. 
  • BeastofBourbon84
    738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They say they'll rebalance based on 5.0 stats which suggests they might reintroduce a modicum of recoil and go from there... Not flat out make it 5.0 again.

I don't have much hope but hey can't be much worse then 5.2 right.
  • SgtStav
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 28
    Dice hopless, make a 5.0 (light) just so they can keep faces.

Man upp and just revert.
    Think of all the time they have used on that ttk change they now (revert)

All that time could have been used on bugs anti cheat , planes/tank balance.
    And countless other things
  • Imyourlittleboy
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    moose004 said:
    The graph at 4:56...are they seriously saying that an MG42 will take THIRTEEN ROUNDS to kill somebody at 100 meters with these changes?
    Yes. This is a game. Not real life.
    Plumbers don't double in size when they eat mushrooms, and blue hedgehogs don't exist.

And if they make gameplay changes that make the game less fun, that's a problem. Would you say the same thing if it took 50 rounds? What if they made a gun so weak it is effectively useless? What if they make a gun so strong everyone uses it? It's just a game, right? So it doesn't matter, right?

• Murmilloz
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Murmilloz said:
    I just took the plunge and bought this game, I've played a small amount before through origin access. I think a few hours in total.

I played half of one map and closed the game, oh my..... It's really really bad.
    This game is so arcade-y.. People just don't die, it feels horrible. Not like any other BF I have played.

And now I know why.

I've been enjoying the game since you reverted the changes.

I just thought I'd let you (developers) know.
  • SgtStav
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes and im wondering why the ..... you implemented the ttk nerf in the first place???
    3-5 months of work for nada, who should have been used on AC teambalance/community server work
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Still not many sar users, the rest also still mediocre. No identity for most weapons.
    I didn't like 5.2.2, and I don't like this one either.
    In the weapon of choice poll I voted stg1-5 but it isn't even my go-to weapon. Just that the rest appeal even less.
    Yeah recon weapons do better, though they were untouched in those 5.2 patches.
  • kid_n4pper
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bottom line is the devs have let down the players. After launch they tried changing the TTK/TTD and there was a lot of backlash, so they reverted it back. Which was an admirable move on their part.

Now again they have gone ahead and changed it despite the fact that the majority of players were against it. The game is in a horrible state and it's really not fun to play anymore, I don't understand why they forced this TTK change when there are so many other major issues surrounding the game.
    Okay maybe some people like the new TTK, so have 2 different playlists. It's not that hard! Open your eyes realize that the majority of players want the original values back.

I've been playing the Battlefield games since the Original Battlefield, only one I didn't get was 2142 since it didn't appeal to me. I've had a lot of respect for EA/Dice since I was a kid despite the EA = bad bandwagon, however if this is what the future of the Battlefield series is going to be like I believe I'm done supporting ya'll.

Open your eyes guys? wtf are you doing, you're killing a beautiful game you've put so much effort into creating. There's cheaters having free reign, bugs, crashes.. yet you choose to focus on TTK.. what a joke
  • EA_Tom
    123 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Hey all,

As we've moved on to Patch 6.0 and beyond, we'll close threads related to 5.0 discussion so we can keep it relevant to current content. Thanks for all your comments and feedback along the way!

-Tom
This discussion has been closed.