the medic carbines

X_Sunslayer_X
1458 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
well....
i have heard the argument to never give medic semi-autos ever again because "they would only camp at range".
with the jungle-carbine medic has now gotten a better sniper rifle then almost all BARs the recon has. but i have yet to see medics sniping in any way shape or form claimed they would by those who oppose SARs for the medic....
so why shouldn't the medic get something like a M1A1 then instead of increasingly longer range carbines? because what would there be after the jungle carbine? its already long range focused the commando carbine is still a waste of both time and dev time and the M28 has the gimmick of the AT-grenade launcher but other then that no point in using it over the jungle.....
just saying medic would be better off with something like a M1A1

Comments

• GRAW2ROBZ
    2635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I loved the M28.  At least until playing in same server to long hitreg gets wonky.  Same goes for my recon two shot kill rifles.  Once they get wonky.  Time to get ready for another server or call it a day.  But I been kinda forced into support class for the new maps.  Cause so many tanks to destroy.
  • menaceuk
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    well....
    i have heard the argument to never give medic semi-autos ever again because "they would only camp at range".
    with the jungle-carbine medic has now gotten a better sniper rifle then almost all BARs the recon has. but i have yet to see medics sniping in any way shape or form claimed they would by those who oppose SARs for the medic....
    so why shouldn't the medic get something like a M1A1 then instead of increasingly longer range carbines? because what would there be after the jungle carbine? its already long range focused the commando carbine is still a waste of both time and dev time and the M28 has the gimmick of the AT-grenade launcher but other then that no point in using it over the jungle.....
    What medics? I barely see one nowadays.
  • M_Rat13
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    I loved the M28.  At least until playing in same server to long hitreg gets wonky.  Same goes for my recon two shot kill rifles.  Once they get wonky.  Time to get ready for another server or call it a day.  But I been kinda forced into support class for the new maps.  Cause so many tanks to destroy.

Does the improved grenades spec actually work now? If so, at least that's one reason to use it.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 said:
    GRAW2ROBZ said:

Does the improved grenades spec actually work now? If so, at least that's one reason to use it.
    For the M28?  I always forget to use the grenade launcher.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1458 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    well they are a rare breed nowadays. but ppl will still make you believe the class is brokenly OP while they themselves have more often then not less then 10h of playtime in the class themselves^^
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    I got 88 hours for medic.  I got the game for like $30 back in late April or early May.  But when you cant count on others to break tanks I kinda got away from recon and Medic and went support.  Just a shame my own ammo crate doesn't fully resupply all 3 tank mines and stick grenade fast enough to break a second tank.  So forced to walking for miles to get that ammo depot.

• Noodlesocks
    3631 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I haven't tried the Enfield yet but the slow bullet velocity on the other carbines kill them for me.
  • hkspm123
    413 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    well they are a rare breed nowadays. but ppl will still make you believe the class is brokenly OP while they themselves have more often then not less then 10h of playtime in the class themselves^^
    Umm the class is actually broken in infantry maps
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    hkspm123 said:

debatable at best. even on metro you will see more supports them medics and you know why? because SMGs are boring to use and the load-out versatility stops at 1
  • M_Rat13
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I haven't tried the Enfield yet but the slow bullet velocity on the other carbines kill them for me.

I presume you mean Jungle Carbine. Get HV ammo then, so it goes from 500 m/s (same as M28) to 570 m/s. G95, Ross MK3 and Arisaka, all have 600 m/s, so if you can work with them, you can work with the JC.
  • talhaONE
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Medic rare? Lol i guess you have never player operation underground and marita. Medic is literally meta at those maps.
  • CSO7777
    1845 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    hkspm123 said:

debatable at best. even on metro you will see more supports them medics and you know why? because SMGs are boring to use and the load-out versatility stops at 1
    Assault has weapons as good as medics, support has shotguns and the fg42 for CQC. Medics have no 'niche' where they totally rule for themselves. Medic SMGs are weak outside CQC compared to other auto-weapons, so only a few maps works well for medics. On most maps they are lost much of the time (compared to other classes).

If Dice was brave, then they shuffled the weapons a little in the upcoming TTK-update. The M1A1 could be a medic weapon (and others like it).
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For sniping on maps with mid range engagements then go medic and the Jungle Carbine. Maps like Mercury or Pacific storm are perfect for it
  • talhaONE
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Assault has weapons as good as medics, support has shotguns and the fg42 for CQC. Medics have no 'niche' where they totally rule for themselves. Medic SMGs are weak outside CQC compared to other auto-weapons, so only a few maps works well for medics. On most maps they are lost much of the time (compared to other classes).

If Dice was brave, then they shuffled the weapons a little in the upcoming TTK-update. The M1A1 could be a medic weapon (and others like it).
    Its Not about how brave the dice is. It is about the how brave the players are. Medic already has access to jungle carbine which is really great gun up to 100 meters. But no most medic players are not brave enough so they go easy mode with thompson, suomi and zk383.
  • CSO7777
    1845 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE said:
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    (Quote)

Its Not about how brave the dice is. It is about the how brave the players are. Medic already has access to jungle carbine which is really great gun up to 100 meters. But no most medic players are not brave enough so they go easy mode with thompson, suomi and zk383.
    I get that, but 'sniping' is way harder than shooting an SMG in CQC. And when you use the medic 'snipers' CQC is really bad, so we risk the BF1 problem of medics not healing/reviving because they are too far away from the action.
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The "medic sniper" has always been a myth.
  • Noodlesocks
    3631 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 said:

I presume you mean Jungle Carbine. Get HV ammo then, so it goes from 500 m/s (same as M28) to 570 m/s. G95, Ross MK3 and Arisaka, all have 600 m/s, so if you can work with them, you can work with the JC.
    I can work with but even at 570ms, it's still a lot lower than they should be.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    well....
    Correction: The BACs are in all ways better than any BA. Straight pull bolt, fast ROF, faster reload, faster weapon switch, good hipfire, fast weapon switch, and a OHK at all relevant ranges. 2HK at all relevant ranges, too, while the medic also is immune to health attrition, which is a real hassle for recons.
    BAs only have an edge at 100m or more, which is not a relevant engagement range. All three of them are good, as they trade ROF for damage and have a unique feature. The GL is a good gadget, the silencer is nice to have and the Jungle Carbine is just a better Enfield.
    Well you do not see them used as snipers, because recons use BAs for the real immersive Enemy at the Gates feeling, and a Medic far behind does not get points. Also the BACs are most likely the least played weapon class, so the dataset is really small. Additionally you can not objectively analyze the playstyle of a player unless you constantly follow them.
    The M1 would just be a vastly superior weapon to anything the Medic has at the moment. It has high damage with a high ROF, a large mag capacity, really good hipfire, access to 3x scopes and works at all relevant ranges, while you still have access to unlimited health. Medic is fine, for the next four weeks that is. Afterwards use the Jungle Carbine.
  • talhaONE
    bran1986 wrote: »
    The "medic sniper" has always been a myth.

Nah. You can effectively snipe with Jungle carbine in medium ranges. Stick with other recons and heal them while they provide you spotting.