the medic carbines

Comments

• X_Sunslayer_X
    1493 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE said:
    (Quote)
    well they are a rare breed nowadays. but ppl will still make you believe the class is brokenly OP while they themselves have more often then not less then 10h of playtime in the class themselves^^

Medic rare? Lol i guess you have never player operation underground and marita. Medic is literally meta at those maps.

Hamada/Panzerstorm/Al-Sundan/Twisted-Steel/Pacific-Storm/Every Flag on Arras but the E Flag/Fjell
    all maps where medic will struggle a hell of a lot more then assault/support/recon. but lets ignore that because Metro exists
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1493 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
     Medic is fine, for the next four weeks that is. Afterwards use the Jungle Carbine.
    well i think the 5.2 patch will make the SMGs even more obsolete then most of them are atm. and i wouldn't be surprised if the carbines will get stupidly good but that can't be the way it should be for the game. i mean whats the point then even anymore?
    DICE is literally switching everything back BFV tried to be, fast TTK and more HC-ish gameplay. can't wait for DICE to just make away with attrition as well and then call the game BF1.2
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
     Medic is fine, for the next four weeks that is. Afterwards use the Jungle Carbine.
    well i think the 5.2 patch will make the SMGs even more obsolete then most of them are atm. and i wouldn't be surprised if the carbines will get stupidly good but that can't be the way it should be for the game. i mean whats the point then even anymore?
    DICE is literally switching everything back BFV tried to be, fast TTK and more HC-ish gameplay. can't wait for DICE to just make away with attrition as well and then call the game BF1.2
    I mean we do not have HC TTK at all, we are pretty close to BF3 and 4 standards. In my book the ranged TTK is too slow for ARs at least, maybe even SMGs. The STG44 and Ribeyrolles feel horrible thanks to the overload of recoil mechanics on the screen. As do weapons like the MP28, using that with ADS is a nightmare. At least these weapons are monsters in hipfire, which is not the case for the ARs. I think no weapon should ever need more than 8 bullets to kill at any range.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    VincentNZ said:
    I mean we do not have HC TTK at all, we are pretty close to BF3 and 4 standards. In my book the ranged TTK is too slow for ARs at least, maybe even SMGs. The STG44 and Ribeyrolles feel horrible thanks to the overload of recoil mechanics on the screen. As do weapons like the MP28, using that with ADS is a nightmare. At least these weapons are monsters in hipfire, which is not the case for the ARs. I think no weapon should ever need more than 8 bullets to kill at any range.
    Thing is you cant really compare to games like BF3/4 because the vast majority of weapons in those games were fully auto weapons of some description.  In BFV due to the setting, you have to balance a wide variety of weapons from slow BA rifles/CArbines, SAR, short range SMGs, ARs, LMGs etc 
  • Hawxxeye
    7778 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    Well whether we like it or not what the original BFV tried to be since the start turned out to be a failed experiment that created a frustrating experience with most of the true power concentrated on two classes.
  • GrizzGolf
    1422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    well....
    i have heard the argument to never give medic semi-autos ever again because "they would only camp at range".
    with the jungle-carbine medic has now gotten a better sniper rifle then almost all BARs the recon has. but i have yet to see medics sniping in any way shape or form claimed they would by those who oppose SARs for the medic....
    so why shouldn't the medic get something like a M1A1 then instead of increasingly longer range carbines? because what would there be after the jungle carbine? its already long range focused the commando carbine is still a waste of both time and dev time and the M28 has the gimmick of the AT-grenade launcher but other then that no point in using it over the jungle.....
    just saying medic would be better off with something like a M1A1
    Correction: The BACs are in all ways better than any BA. Straight pull bolt, fast ROF, faster reload, faster weapon switch, good hipfire, fast weapon switch, and a OHK at all relevant ranges. 2HK at all relevant ranges, too, while the medic also is immune to health attrition, which is a real hassle for recons.
    BAs only have an edge at 100m or more, which is not a relevant engagement range. All three of them are good, as they trade ROF for damage and have a unique feature. The GL is a good gadget, the silencer is nice to have and the Jungle Carbine is just a better Enfield.
    Well you do not see them used as snipers, because recons use BAs for the real immersive Enemy at the Gates feeling, and a Medic far behind does not get points. Also the BACs are most likely the least played weapon class, so the dataset is really small. Additionally you can not objectively analyze the playstyle of a player unless you constantly follow them.
    The M1 would just be a vastly superior weapon to anything the Medic has at the moment. It has high damage with a high ROF, a large mag capacity, really good hipfire, access to 3x scopes and works at all relevant ranges, while you still have access to unlimited health. Medic is fine, for the next four weeks that is. Afterwards use the Jungle Carbine.
    How do I get the Jungle Carbine?
  • Hawxxeye
    7778 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GrizzGolf said:
    VincentNZ said:
    well....
    i have heard the argument to never give medic semi-autos ever again because "they would only camp at range".
    with the jungle-carbine medic has now gotten a better sniper rifle then almost all BARs the recon has. but i have yet to see medics sniping in any way shape or form claimed they would by those who oppose SARs for the medic....
    so why shouldn't the medic get something like a M1A1 then instead of increasingly longer range carbines? because what would there be after the jungle carbine? its already long range focused the commando carbine is still a waste of both time and dev time and the M28 has the gimmick of the AT-grenade launcher but other then that no point in using it over the jungle.....
    Correction: The BACs are in all ways better than any BA. Straight pull bolt, fast ROF, faster reload, faster weapon switch, good hipfire, fast weapon switch, and a OHK at all relevant ranges. 2HK at all relevant ranges, too, while the medic also is immune to health attrition, which is a real hassle for recons.
    BAs only have an edge at 100m or more, which is not a relevant engagement range. All three of them are good, as they trade ROF for damage and have a unique feature. The GL is a good gadget, the silencer is nice to have and the Jungle Carbine is just a better Enfield.
    Well you do not see them used as snipers, because recons use BAs for the real immersive Enemy at the Gates feeling, and a Medic far behind does not get points. Also the BACs are most likely the least played weapon class, so the dataset is really small. Additionally you can not objectively analyze the playstyle of a player unless you constantly follow them.
    The M1 would just be a vastly superior weapon to anything the Medic has at the moment. It has high damage with a high ROF, a large mag capacity, really good hipfire, access to 3x scopes and works at all relevant ranges, while you still have access to unlimited health. Medic is fine, for the next four weeks that is. Afterwards use the Jungle Carbine.
    It is level 6 or 7 on the chapter 5 progression.
  • M_Rat13
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    GrizzGolf said:
    VincentNZ said:
    well....
    It is level 6 or 7 on the chapter 5 progression.

Rank 10 Chapter Reward. I've been grinding for all 3 weapons, although I'm only at about the Nambu pistol (rank 23). The Model 27 revolver is rank 30, if you are curious.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:
    The "medic sniper" has always been a myth.
    Funnily enough, it's actually very much possible to be a Medic Sniper in this game, unlike in other BF titles, barring BF4 to some extent. You cannot pick up a downed player's kit anymore, so if you kill a Recon with a long-range BAR as a Medic, you could pick up that rifle and then go camp at the back of the map.

Usually, Medics were running around as part of a Revive Train in infantry maps in previous games, rather than playing passively.
  • DingoKillr
    4352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:
    What in BFV? Ok fair enough. But in others BF1 with Selb 1906 was a great sniper rifle.  BF4 I did tired a few times with AR but was not that great. BF3 did have AR with x6 scope and bipod. 

No, Medic sniper has not been a myth.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:
    What in BFV? Ok fair enough. But in others BF1 with Selb 1906 was a great sniper rifle.  BF4 I did tired a few times with AR but was not that great. BF3 did have AR with x6 scope and bipod. 

No, Medic sniper has not been a myth.
    Debatable in BF1, but the medic had ranged weapons, most used were still the more closer oriented weapons. In BF3 and 4, yeah that is meme level, more people use the Jungle Carbine than an AR with a 6x scope and a bipod. In BF4 you could make a case for DMRs on Assaults, although that was not a heavy-used weapon class. So yeah, it is pretty mythical. Even in BF1 I assume most kills happened under 50m for the Medic. And spread as well as low mag capacity made them work not so well at ranges at 100m and beyond.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1401 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE said:
    (Quote)
    well they are a rare breed nowadays. but ppl will still make you believe the class is brokenly OP while they themselves have more often then not less then 10h of playtime in the class themselves^^

Medic rare? Lol i guess you have never player operation underground and marita. Medic is literally meta at those maps.

Hamada/Panzerstorm/Al-Sundan/Twisted-Steel/Pacific-Storm/Every Flag on Arras but the E Flag/Fjell
    all maps where medic will struggle a hell of a lot more then assault/support/recon. but lets ignore that because Metro exists
    All wrong save for Hamada, and I only say Hamada because I avoid it in its entirety. You're especially wrong on Twisted Steel, Arras and Fjell.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:
    I guess i'm that sexy unicorn then.  M28 is my #5 most used weapon for 12 hours and 17 minutes.  Sten #1.  Model 8 for recon at #2.  I just started using the Bren and got that to #3 already.  KE7 at #4. Flare gun #6.  Revolver #7.
  • M_Rat13
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    bran1986 said:
    I guess i'm that sexy unicorn then.  M28 is my #5 most used weapon for 12 hours and 17 minutes.  Sten #1.  Model 8 for recon at #2.  I just started using the Bren and got that to #3 already.  KE7 at #4. Flare gun #6.  Revolver #7.

I want to stay the flare gun isn't a weapon, but I have killed someone with it, lol.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 said:
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    bran1986 said:

I want to stay the flare gun isn't a weapon, but I have killed someone with it, lol.
    I got that one video of me hitting a group of enemies with a flare.  It kept that accruing ticking noise for points.  But I see I never got any kills with it according to battletracker.  Best bet would be to wait for other to unload a clip on a player then try and jack their kill with the flare gun.  I know the data miners already found that double barrel flare gun in the game.  That be a nice toy.  I hope we get that barb wire soon.  Since the toilet plunger is delayed.  Need more gadgets to spice things up.  Assault has the most gadgets in the game.  Which is the least class I use.
  • M_Rat13
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    M_Rat13 said:
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    bran1986 said:

I got that one video of me hitting a group of enemies with a flare.  It kept that accruing ticking noise for points.  But I see I never got any kills with it according to battletracker.  Best bet would be to wait for other to unload a clip on a player then try and jack their kill with the flare gun.  I know the data miners already found that double barrel flare gun in the game.  That be a nice toy.  I hope we get that barb wire soon.  Since the toilet plunger is delayed.  Need more gadgets to spice things up.  Assault has the most gadgets in the game.  Which is the least class I use.

I just kept shooting it around corners on Underground to spot grouped up enemies. You do get a lot of damage points from it, and I just got lucky with someone who was nearly dead. I was laughing so hard I'm surprised I didn't die.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    M_Rat13 said:
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    M_Rat13 said:
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    bran1986 said:

I just kept shooting it around corners on Underground to spot grouped up enemies. You do get a lot of damage points from it, and I just got lucky with someone who was nearly dead. I was laughing so hard I'm surprised I didn't die.
    BF3 I was always going for the odd kills.  Repair tool kills. Or sexy WALL-E kills.  Even the defib kills.  I use to get kills with the 40MM smoke launcher on Bad Company 2.  Heck I use to use the tracer marking dart to hit a player.  Paint them up like a Christmas tree then go for the kill.  Cause hitting them was like 20 points.  Besides i'd spot them.  Then if I got the head shot and the kill.  It was like close to 140 points.
  • VincentNZ
    VincentNZ said:
    VincentNZ said:
    Thing is you cant really compare to games like BF3/4 because the vast majority of weapons in those games were fully auto weapons of some description.  In BFV due to the setting, you have to balance a wide variety of weapons from slow BA rifles/CArbines, SAR, short range SMGs, ARs, LMGs etc 
    Hmm, with the exceptions of SLRs (although we had that with the SR338, too), we have all of these weapon classes in both games. Oh yeah AMR and BACs are kind of new, but functionally they are just more sophisticated ARs.
    The ROF range is also pretty wide, it is just on the higher end, like 590 rpm was the lowest in the full-auto class and 1000 the highest. With different calibres we also have more diversity in damage than in BFV. The only thing that is not similar is mag capacity, which is exactly what the new TTK is greatly impacting.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    talhaONE said:
    (Quote)

All wrong save for Hamada, and I only say Hamada because I avoid it in its entirety. You're especially wrong on Twisted Steel, Arras and Fjell.

in what way am i wrong?
    panzerstorm has huge sightlines and a lot or tanks and vehicles you are absolutely powerless against,same for Al-sundan
    Twisted STeel has next to no hard-cover in between flags you will need to traverse and SMGs will stuggle against any AR beyond 25m more often then not
    pacific storm is the same as twisted steel on the flags its okay but dare to move inbetween and see how well that goes more often then not
    C flag on arras is one huge open field with 3 tank chassis good luck against any other weapon.
    fjell try getting rid of planes that can literally stealth-bomb you since the audio-ques are still bad.
    but if you disagree give an explanation instead of just proclaiming i am wrong
  • VincentNZ
    talhaONE said:
    (Quote)

Na he isn't. Sure objectives on Twisted Steel are mostly tight buildings, but beyond it is pretty open. Arras is a special case as it has a high density of buildings in the middle, I daresay it offers the most medium-focused engagement ranges, hence it is the most popular map, as every weapon class is relevant at all engagement ranges. Very satisfying. Once Fjell loses it's cover at C this flag is really open. Maximum engagement range on E is roughly 100m and as the middle is a complete deadzone, engagements will focus around the edges either for 50m and more across the middle, or 20-10m when outside of the cap radius at the cabins on either side. D is pretty CQ, as is B and A. In between however the snowfields are quite longer.
    Panzerstorm, even if we only include the relevant play area of C-E the lack of cover will increase engagement ranges, and yeah medic can struggle there a lot. Al-Sundan you are pretty much bound to C and the surrounding houses, and you can move to D, which is always bad map design to restrict certain classes to only certain map areas/flags.
    At the same time constructing ridiculously small puppet houses is not good design either, that enforce a point blank engagement range. As said, Arras and Devastation do that pretty well, as does Hamada on a longer scale, and Medic is pretty playable, if you stay at the back, especially since these flags win rounds.
    Now with increasing the BTK, these discrepancies will be felt more, there is no reason to use a medic with SMGs in many parts of many maps and absolutely futile to fight engagements beyond a certain point.