the medic carbines

Comments

• hkspm123
    413 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    hkspm123 said:
    What medics? I barely see one nowadays.
    well they are a rare breed nowadays. but ppl will still make you believe the class is brokenly OP while they themselves have more often then not less then 10h of playtime in the class themselves^^
    Umm the class is actually broken in infantry maps

debatable at best. even on metro you will see more supports them medics and you know why? because SMGs are boring to use and the load-out versatility stops at 1
    its more like support get shotty and medics is everywhere 
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    hkspm123 said:
    hkspm123 said:
    What medics? I barely see one nowadays.
    well they are a rare breed nowadays. but ppl will still make you believe the class is brokenly OP while they themselves have more often then not less then 10h of playtime in the class themselves^^
    Umm the class is actually broken in infantry maps

debatable at best. even on metro you will see more supports them medics and you know why? because SMGs are boring to use and the load-out versatility stops at 1
    its more like support get shotty and medics is everywhere 
    Yeah I am pretty sure Medic is the most played class on Metro, naturally. Followed by Assaults, shotguns supports are rare, although they are very effective and get a lot of kills. Recon is underplayed since their gadgets do not work properly on that map and the PCs are underperforming, too compared to the counterparts.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1401 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    Na he isn't. Sure objectives on Twisted Steel are mostly tight buildings, but beyond it is pretty open. Arras is a special case as it has a high density of buildings in the middle, I daresay it offers the most medium-focused engagement ranges, hence it is the most popular map, as every weapon class is relevant at all engagement ranges. Very satisfying. Once Fjell loses it's cover at C this flag is really open. Maximum engagement range on E is roughly 100m and as the middle is a complete deadzone, engagements will focus around the edges either for 50m and more across the middle, or 20-10m when outside of the cap radius at the cabins on either side. D is pretty CQ, as is B and A. In between however the snowfields are quite longer.
    Panzerstorm, even if we only include the relevant play area of C-E the lack of cover will increase engagement ranges, and yeah medic can struggle there a lot. Al-Sundan you are pretty much bound to C and the surrounding houses, and you can move to D, which is always bad map design to restrict certain classes to only certain map areas/flags. 
    At the same time constructing ridiculously small puppet houses is not good design either, that enforce a point blank engagement range. As said, Arras and Devastation do that pretty well, as does Hamada on a longer scale, and Medic is pretty playable, if you stay at the back, especially since these flags win rounds.
    Now with increasing the BTK, these discrepancies will be felt more, there is no reason to use a medic with SMGs in many parts of many maps and absolutely futile to fight engagements beyond a certain point.
    Yeah, my performance on these maps prove otherwise. If you know how to play the medic class you won't struggle or feel disadvantaged on the majority of maps.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    Na he isn't. Sure objectives on Twisted Steel are mostly tight buildings, but beyond it is pretty open. Arras is a special case as it has a high density of buildings in the middle, I daresay it offers the most medium-focused engagement ranges, hence it is the most popular map, as every weapon class is relevant at all engagement ranges. Very satisfying. Once Fjell loses it's cover at C this flag is really open. Maximum engagement range on E is roughly 100m and as the middle is a complete deadzone, engagements will focus around the edges either for 50m and more across the middle, or 20-10m when outside of the cap radius at the cabins on either side. D is pretty CQ, as is B and A. In between however the snowfields are quite longer.
    Panzerstorm, even if we only include the relevant play area of C-E the lack of cover will increase engagement ranges, and yeah medic can struggle there a lot. Al-Sundan you are pretty much bound to C and the surrounding houses, and you can move to D, which is always bad map design to restrict certain classes to only certain map areas/flags. 
    At the same time constructing ridiculously small puppet houses is not good design either, that enforce a point blank engagement range. As said, Arras and Devastation do that pretty well, as does Hamada on a longer scale, and Medic is pretty playable, if you stay at the back, especially since these flags win rounds.
    Now with increasing the BTK, these discrepancies will be felt more, there is no reason to use a medic with SMGs in many parts of many maps and absolutely futile to fight engagements beyond a certain point.
    Yeah, my performance on these maps prove otherwise. If you know how to play the medic class you won't struggle or feel disadvantaged on the majority of maps.
    Well, my performance is similar and I play with all weapons and classes. There is no denying that certain maps and map areas favour certain engagement ranges. Now if you increase the BTK to +2-6 at these ranges, naturally the weapons will underperform even more.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1401 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE said:
    (Quote)

Medic rare? Lol i guess you have never player operation underground and marita. Medic is literally meta at those maps.

Hamada/Panzerstorm/Al-Sundan/Twisted-Steel/Pacific-Storm/Every Flag on Arras but the E Flag/Fjell
    all maps where medic will struggle a hell of a lot more then assault/support/recon. but lets ignore that because Metro exists
    All wrong save for Hamada, and I only say Hamada because I avoid it in its entirety. You're especially wrong on Twisted Steel, Arras and Fjell.

in what way am i wrong?
    panzerstorm has huge sightlines and a lot or tanks and vehicles you are absolutely powerless against,same for Al-sundan
    Twisted STeel has next to no hard-cover in between flags you will need to traverse and SMGs will stuggle against any AR beyond 25m more often then not
    pacific storm is the same as twisted steel on the flags its okay but dare to move inbetween and see how well that goes more often then not
    C flag on arras is one huge open field with 3 tank chassis good luck against any other weapon.
    fjell try getting rid of planes that can literally stealth-bomb you since the audio-ques are still bad.
    but if you disagree give an explanation instead of just proclaiming i am wrong
    I swear I must be cheating or something.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    edited November 2019
    VincentNZ said:
    VincentNZ said:
    Well, my performance is similar and I play with all weapons and classes. There is no denying that certain maps and map areas favour certain engagement ranges. Now if you increase the BTK to +2-6 at these ranges, naturally the weapons will underperform even more.
      This must be and everybody except me kinda thing. I don't find myself struggling on any map.
  • talhaONE
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

(Quote)
      This must be and everybody except me kinda thing. I don't find myself struggling on any map.
    Dont listen people who say smgs are bad or medic sucks. They want the same overpowered medics from bf3 and bf4.
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Dont listen people who say smgs are bad or medic sucks. They want the same overpowered medics from bf3 and bf4.

No...
  • talhaONE
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    (Quote)

No...

Yes.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1495 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:

okay. good for you i guess then. i play medic fairly often and fairly. but a few really good players can do well with literally anything but the Liberator. does that make SMGs more viable for the run of the mill player? especially on maps like Hamada,Panzerstorm or twisted steels swamp? no not in my opinion. does a map like Metro make it all well and dandy? no no it doesn't.
    does the medic have an identity crisis with its weapon-selection? yes i think so it goes from one end of the spectrum to the other and back.
    do take a few minutes and check my stats since you so openly gloat about yours. also since you really only play the MP40 (arguebly one of the more versatile SMGs in terms of engagement) you can't even really compare the weapons imo.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    VincentNZ said:

okay. good for you i guess then. i play medic fairly often and fairly. but a few really good players can do well with literally anything but the Liberator. does that make SMGs more viable for the run of the mill player? especially on maps like Hamada,Panzerstorm or twisted steels swamp? no not in my opinion. does a map like Metro make it all well and dandy? no no it doesn't.
    does the medic have an identity crisis with its weapon-selection? yes i think so it goes from one end of the spectrum to the other and back.
    do take a few minutes and check my stats since you so openly gloat about yours. also since you really only play the MP40 (arguebly one of the more versatile SMGs in terms of engagement) you can't even really compare the weapons imo.
    What about my stats did I openly gloat about? Show me a metric that I noted to back up my claim. 
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1495 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

thats a gloat in my book
  • VincentNZ
    VincentNZ said:
    VincentNZ said:
    Well you do not play much else than Medic, do you? :D Besides I have no issues with the Medic, I do well, I actively avoid A-D on Hamada though and do not particularly enjoy the Medic on Aerodrome or PS.
    However, outside of flag radius I will run into trouble with SMGs, especially when meeting people of my own skillset or better with other weapon classes. It stands to reason. The Medic class is fine, the SMGs are good the BACs are good and you have smokes as well as self-heal. That is a round and sound class design.
    The new patch however will screw me over, since I have a slight Medic bias in playtime, and will limit the SMGs further.
  • CHAMMOND1992

thats a gloat in my book
    Your book is horrible. 

I'll ask again. Show me where I used a statistic of mine to back up anything I have claimed. I'll skip to the conclusion. You can't because I didn't.
  • X_Sunslayer_X

thats a gloat in my book
    Your book is horrible. 

I'll ask again. Show me where I used a statistic of mine to back up anything I have claimed. I'll skip to the conclusion. You can't because I didn't.

sure if it floats your boat.
    would you kindly go back to the point then about my  other statements?

• CHAMMOND1992

thats a gloat in my book
    Your book is horrible. 

sure if it floats your boat.
    would you kindly go back to the point then about my  other statements?

What other statements? I start my games on either Twisted Steel or Aerodome. My highest kill game is on Aerodome and that happened over the weekend. Look at my last aerodome game on my report (this is me backing my claim with stats) . Are SMG's inferior at range? Yes. Do I know how to utilize advantages the medic class has to offer on all maps? Also yes.

I would choose to be Medic on Panzerstorm too if the blueberry assaults could take out a tank.
  • VOLBANKER
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I remember the first time I saw people claiming you can’t play medic on Hamada etc.
    To test the validity of this claim I started playing medic on Hamada over and over - round after round.
    While playing I also kept an eye on the scoreboard to see if anybody in top 5 on either team was playing medic.
    It turns out I managed to hit top 5 myself multiple times in various rounds, and indeed others playing medic did as well. And that was way before SMGs were buffed - and I’m not even a very good player.
    Since then I’ve played Panzerstorm some more, not having any problems as medic.

This said I do prefer less open maps such as Devastation, Op. Underground, Rotterdam etc., but that is a personal preference I have regardless of what class I’m playing.
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You can do well on maps like Hamada if you're a dedicated medic, the problem has always been the versatility the smgs lack compared to the other classes. Just compare any smg to any lmg or dmr. Constant you are having engagements at 50+ meters where smgs really struggle. Lmgs and dmrs are very strong at that range but at the same time are still more than capable at close ranges, slot more capable than smgs at mid ranges.

I consider myself a good medic and I hold my own in a gunfight and in most sessions I'm between 1.3-1.6 k/d with kills on the 20s-30s. I'm not a Slayer by any measure but going to any lmg and the game is infinitely easier. Those engagements out to 50+ meters are no longer an issue, the 3x scope allows a clear picture for easier tracking, much faster bullet velocities.

I've had multiple 40-50 kill matches with the Lewis and last night using an unspeccd Madsen went 49-10. I know this won't wow alot of the really good players here but to me it is a major difference. When I play support I never worry about health , I'm in and around caps and topping myself off or a medic tosses me a bandage.

With all that being said most of my complaints have gone away since the addition of the bolt action carbines, especially since the addition of the M28. I can enjoy maps like Hamada or Panzerstorm more with the Jungle Carbine than I could with any smg.
  • ragnarok013
    3895 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    (Quote)

Medic rare? Lol i guess you have never player operation underground and marita. Medic is literally meta at those maps.

Two maps doesn’t negate the fact that medic is largely forgotten in the main game.
  • bran1986
    Medic is definitely rare. Never in past Battlefield games have I constantly been the only medic on my team. Yes medic is good on a map like Underground but go play Panzerstorm, Hamada, Iwo Jima, Al Sundan, or Twisted Steel. Count out how many medics you see out of 64, I bet frequently it is less than 5. Yes medics can do well on these maps but it takes 5x the work of the other classes, barring Scout but the scout SLRs are really good on these maps.