Why not give the new update a chance?

StupidNameHere
191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I'll let them try it out. If it doesn't work, I'll wait for the fix while i pay Activision. It really is their gamble, after all, isn't it?

Comments

• StupidNameHere
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh. Crap.
  • SmileAsTheyDie
    503 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 said:
    We did. Last year. It was horrible.
    Last years update is not this years update. You also had legions of people last year that were crying about it before release and saying they were going on strike and not going to play it and while on strike never having ever tested the changes spent their time crying about how bad it is and how it has ruined the game
  • StupidNameHere
    I guess that gives new hope.
  • M_Rat13
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 said:
    Last years update is not this years update. You also had legions of people last year that were crying about it before release and saying they were going on strike and not going to play it and while on strike never having ever tested the changes spent their time crying about how bad it is and how it has ruined the game

It has a similar effect. People are already bullet spongey as it is without having to require even more bullets, and it still won't fix TTD and one frame deaths.
  • THECOMMANDER66
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Because most of us don’t like having to shoot ppl 36 times to kill them. Might as well play Greg Hastings Tournament Paintball. It’s dumb.
  • filthmcnasty
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Because we have been giving DICE nothing but chances for over a year now. And they tried this same ttk bulls**t then too
  • trip1ex
    5331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is the way of the internets.  
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dice has never said the TTK is changing. All they said was “damage over range” and “bullets to kill” is changing
    We know they are looking at ROF, Recoil, and velocity values.
    TTK isn’t just based on Damage and BTK.

I’m all for trying out this new update. I think this should push people closer together, as of right now too many weapons are too good at all ranges.
  • filthmcnasty
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dice has never said the TTK is changing. All they said was “damage over range” and “bullets to kill” is changing

I’m all for trying out this new update. I think this should push people closer together, as of right now too many weapons are too good at all ranges.

Bullets to kill is a increase to ttk, more bullets=more time=more time to kill. Not recon though, they are unaffected.
  • MusicienElegant
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'll let them try it out. If it doesn't work, I'll wait for the fix while i pay Activision. It really is their gamble, after all, isn't it?

The reason why I'll try it, but with a bucket of salt, is because the core community isn't asking for this. So if they aren't changing it for the core, then who are they doing it for?

In this scenario, it looks like they're throwing their core players under a bus... again. And again. And again. And that makes me wish I had the power to unify the BFV playerbase to completely make every server across all platforms unplayable until they returned the TTK to it's original state. Because that level of playerbase protest would make BFV completely unplayable if servers would never fill.

But I doubt I hold that level of protest power over EA, sadly.
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have my worries but I want to try it before I make any kind of judgement.
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Bullets to kill is a increase to ttk, more bullets=more time=more time to kill. Not recon though, they are unaffected.

Yes that is true, but you’re not taking into account Rate of Fire

A simple example. Let’s say the STG took 2 bullets to kill with a rate of fire of 500. Now the new values got adjusted to 4 bullets to kill and ROF increased to 1000 the TTK stays the same.

I don’t think it’s going to be exactly as simple as that.
    But it’s worth considering all changes, and not just Bullets to kill.
  • OskooI_007
    1436 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm excited to try the 5.2 update. Hopefully it plays like a whole new game.
  • Tullzter
    1271 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why fix something that isn't broken is the real question
  • hkspm123
    413 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tullzter said:
    Why fix something that isn't broken is the real question
    assault is actually broken 
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 said:
    Well they could have chosen to not revert it, or not allow the old TTK to have playlists. I played the new TTK with SMGs mostly at that time, namely the EMP and MP34, you can imagine how particularly fun that was.
    Now they go one step further with +1 btk, but +2 to 6 at ranges beyond 22m. That is crap. Now they might have other things plans for weapons, it still makes the enemy bullet sponges and mag capacity stays lower than previous iterations of the franchises.
    It is not hard to see that many weapons will have significant troubles in performing on many maps and many areas of maps.
  • BtheReaper49
    426 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    (Quote)

It has a similar effect. People are already bullet spongey as it is without having to require even more bullets, and it still won't fix TTD and one frame deaths.

You got that right! If it doesn't help fix TTD then it's a worthless exercise
  • menaceuk
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No. It is our gamble. 

We bought the game. We play the game. The vast majority like it as is. Why give something we dont **** and didn't ask for a chance?