Planes in pacific should not be able to take a tank out on full health in one bomb run.

MBT_Layzan
2246 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited November 2019
Unless I'm wrong, a pacific plane can and (it's not that hard), take out a tank on full health in one bomb run, (this is broken). It's a game, and it sucks as a tanker being blown to bits time and time again and seeing your teams tanks suffer the same fate from something you can't counter, evade, or often even see. The LVT AA, you would have to camp watching the sky all match and even then I don't think it's up to the task.  

As a tank that has so many other threats that can disable/destroy you, this is just over the top. A plane should do serious damage yes, but not outright kill a tank in one run from above. The FF can't protect tanks from pilots that are accurate with bombs and come in from orbit, and fighters often complain when another tries to dogfight in this game.

Pilots complained about the FF being broken, well tanks are getting destroyed on full health by something they can even shot back at, or see. Dice needs to nerf the bombs so they do max 90 dam or something, not outright destroy in one run. Or make it so a plane has to come at the tank from and a straight low flight path to slam the bombs into it's lower flank area and not top armour, giving the tank a chance to hit cover or get a shot off. Not directly from above totally outside the tank visual ark. 

Tanks have weak MG's/cannons, to give infantry a chance, and the disable system punishes them more than anything else in this game. It's just not right that tanks one second are trying to help their side and are taken out on full health from outside even visual range with nothing they can do period. Planes should be looking for tanks that are engaged or taken damaged to finish them off, or to soften them up for their side. Not outright take them out solo on full health. It's game and it's meant to be fun for all.  

Comments

• THECOMMANDER66
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is why this game is dying so fast. Planes shouldn’t be able to take out tanks in a bombing run, but 2 lbs of dynamite can. We should be able to get shot 37 times so we can react. Really? BF has turned into a fantasy game. Make the weapons do what the weapons really do. Why do you wanna play a war game with authentic weapons but you don’t want them to work as they should? In ww2 if you were in a tank and got hit by a 500 lb bomb,that was your ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. If you played run and gun and an MG 42 caught you running in the open, that was your ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. If you got shot just once in the face with a pistol, u didn’t get to win that gunfight no matter what weapon u had. This game is getting to be a lil woke crybaby game. Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh a plane bombed my tank with 2 250 lb explosives and it killed me. No ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Don’t worry tho, Dice is bringing TTK 3.0,where you can take 65 bullets before u need a revive.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2246 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is why this game is dying so fast. Planes shouldn’t be able to take out tanks in a bombing run, but 2 lbs of dynamite can. We should be able to get shot 37 times so we can react. Really? BF has turned into a fantasy game. Make the weapons do what the weapons really do. Why do you wanna play a war game with authentic weapons but you don’t want them to work as they should? In ww2 if you were in a tank and got hit by a 500 lb bomb,that was your ****. If you played run and gun and an MG 42 caught you running in the open, that was your ****. If you got shot just once in the face with a pistol, u didn’t get to win that gunfight no matter what weapon u had. This game is getting to be a lil woke crybaby game. Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh a plane bombed my tank with 2 250 lb explosives and it killed me. No ****. Don’t worry tho, Dice is bringing TTK 3.0,where you can take 65 bullets before u need a revive.
    You need to watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t2cRZTv14o

37 times.... No one BOMB ONE, you get it? That you can'teven see coming let alone say hide from like in past games like BF1943, where tanks could use forests and cover, (stealth). That's all gone in BFV.

It's too easy in BFV for plane to take out a tank completely in one bomb run. You want realism, go land and get refuelled and rearmed then, not magic in the sky restocked.

It's not fun being taken out by something you can't do anything about time and time again in a (game) where now, even fighters don't want to dogfight but rather farm ground units. The very thing THEY WERE MEANT TO DO IN WWII. 

If planes were getting one shot killed on full health from Ground AA without even be able to see, react, evade just die from anywhere they can be on the map, well, most saw the threads about the FF. What's killing this game is the lack of fun, and frustration, it not fun dying to things time and time again that you can't even see, or hide from let alone fight back. 

The tanks get paralysed on any server where pilots have learnt to one bomb run them, because there is a huge list of other threats to boot so they can't engage, it's awful game design. Imagine if because one mobile AA was present in a server, you can't fly no more, it's pointless.
  • MBT_Layzan
    http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/articles/tactics/tank-busting-ww2.php

Tanks were actually very difficult to take out in one attack run esp from bombs, they are hard to see, armoured moving targets. 
  • MBT_Layzan
    Why not? According to the geniuses on these forums 1 assault player should always be able to solo tanks. SMH
    I hear ya mate, in a 64 player game to boot. But I'll take that as a tanker over plane bombs any day because I can at least have some kinda situational awareness as defence, and the ability to fire back and drive evasively. But the bomb runs are so over accurate and can wipe you out in a tank on full health in one run. I'm totally down with them doing massive damage and disables but total destruction from something you often cant even see coming! Even when you can it's often going to make no difference against experienced pilots. You just watch them fly about up there re-arming for the next bomb run. 

The trouble is, we have super vulnerable top gunner positions, In many BF games, they used to work away at jets and choppers, coming right at you straight from above (GONE). 

Maps used to in past BF games provide dense cover like forests with trees, large clusters of buildings that tanks could use as cover or play with stealth. Games like 1943 had very limited spotting too. BF3, tanks had secondary gunners with prox scan so they could enter actual buildings to evade air, but now assault are so OP vs tanks that's not going to happen.   

Tank drivers don't carry any personal AA option like an FF, or even a fire-able AT weapon, just mines. Even if we did, we can't exit the tank fast enough to even jump onto local ground fixed AA, which last I knew was sub par anyway. 

In pacific, the trend now with the FF, is planes don't like to dogfight each other, I'm getting taken out time and time again and we have three friendly planes flying about farming enemy infantry. You may as I have read pilots complain in the comment section at other pilots that do dogfight with comments like, "why you dogfighting me?", it's a utter joke.

There is no real effective mobile AA on pacific, the LVT AA option won't cut it against decent pilots. 

Then add all rest of the long list of tank threats, this is why people often describe tanks as giant piñatas, that often camp farm.  

• DingoKillr
    3922 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have seen comments asking for the top gunner to be stronger against planes but how would that help when they are so exposed and are busy watching for ground threats.

It could be interesting seeing reduce damage, specific location(lower half/rear) or splitting the payloads into smaller bombers with a small delayed between release.

• filthmcnasty
    669 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    I have seen comments asking for the top gunner to be stronger against planes but how would that help when they are so exposed and are busy watching for ground threats.

It could be interesting seeing reduce damage, specific location(lower half/rear) or splitting the payloads into smaller bombers with a small delayed between release.

Top gunner in past games was remote controlled. Since that's a little advanced for ww2 they could add a bullet shields
  • Violent_Rumble
    398 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think OP is just upset he is no longer invincible hiding in a tank
    A 1000lbs of bomb/s should be able to take out your tank in one hit. This is not real life or a history lesson, it's a video game that's trying to balance and make things fair.
    Have a look at his stats.  13 kills on foot, 48,000 kills as a tanker.
  • MBT_Layzan
    I think OP is just upset he is no longer invincible hiding in a tank
    A 1000lbs of bomb/s should be able to take out your tank in one hit. This is not real life or a history lesson, it's a video game that's trying to balance and make things fair.
    Have a look at his stats.  13 kills on foot, 48,000 kills as a tanker.
    Yea, because BFV tanks were so invincible, well done. I think we can just ignore you now.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3712 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is why this game is dying so fast. Planes shouldn’t be able to take out tanks in a bombing run, but 2 lbs of dynamite can. We should be able to get shot 37 times so we can react. Really? BF has turned into a fantasy game. Make the weapons do what the weapons really do. Why do you wanna play a war game with authentic weapons but you don’t want them to work as they should? In ww2 if you were in a tank and got hit by a 500 lb bomb,that was your ****. If you played run and gun and an MG 42 caught you running in the open, that was your ****. If you got shot just once in the face with a pistol, u didn’t get to win that gunfight no matter what weapon u had. This game is getting to be a lil woke crybaby game. Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh a plane bombed my tank with 2 250 lb explosives and it killed me. No ****. Don’t worry tho, Dice is bringing TTK 3.0,where you can take 65 bullets before u need a revive.

Because reality sucks. If this game was realistic nobody would play it.
  • MBT_Layzan
    edited November 2019

Because reality sucks. If this game was realistic nobody would play it.
    +1

I'm just asking for a tank to not be taken out in one go on full health from something it often can't even see happening let alone try to dodge/hide from. 90% damage and total disables on an accurate hit is enough considering how many other threats tanks face in this game, and how fast planes spawn and re-arm. Plus the lack of real effective AA that doesn't really work on experienced pilots.  
  • Hawxxeye
    6713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »

Top gunner in past games was remote controlled. Since that's a little advanced for ww2 they could add a bullet shields
    The STUG already has a remote controlled gunner. They have already created a precedent now.
    @ the OP
    I do not think that it is possible for even the most heavy pacific plane bomb to  destroy a tank at 100 health.  I have seen the damage from the pacific bombs only go up to like 81 in ideal hits
  • olavafar
    2123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    To take out a tank in one run one needs to spec the plane specifically for that (heavier bombs with less splash). It means you sacrifice either anti-air or anti-infantry capability. Further, it is in no way easy to do it. First problem is to see the tank at all. Then one needs to hit it which is also not super easy. Both these steps are of course easier if the tank is just camping, preferably a bit away from any fliegerfaust infantry players.

If the tank is hillhumping somwhere, a plane is the goto solution but on the other hand a camping tank sort of deserves it. Now, just as planes can be made to make more damage to tanks, tanks can be made to be able to take more damage (just as for planes by exchanging it with other options) and then a bomb run will need to be very exact to take it out (I'm not even sure it is possible).

If the tank is moving around a lot (and not necessarily follow the roads) and stay close to it fliegerfaust infy comrades, it will generally be pretty safe from planes or at least the plane will most likely be punished hard for going for that tank.
  • SirBobdk
    4697 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:

@ the OP
    I do not think that it is possible for even the most heavy pacific plane bomb to  destroy a tank at 100 health.  I have seen the damage from the pacific bombs only go up to like 81 in ideal hits
    I have not seen it yet. Hit many tanks with bombs and never killed any in one run which was not damaged, but maybe my aim suck. I have also many times been hit by bombs in a tank and always only lost around 60-80%.
  • MBT_Layzan
    SirBobdk said:
    Hawxxeye said:

@ the OP
    I have not seen it yet. Hit many tanks with bombs and never killed any in one run which was not damaged, but maybe my aim suck. I have also many times been hit by bombs in a tank and always only lost around 60-80%.
    Perhaps it's a hack then I'm running into from time to time. I'm sure you guys would have had this happen by now or been able to do this. The guy who killed me three times in a row didn't strike me as some plane pro, he actually got mashed by our sides planes but went out of his way to take my tank out.  
  • olavafar
    2123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    Hawxxeye said:

@ the OP
    I think it is possible as I like to believe I've done it. Light tanks are totally doable whereas the heavier ones probably requires more or less luck of how the bombs hit as tanks have spots that are more or less sensitive (one cannot really aim for specific parts of a tank when bombing like you can do with dynamite or panzerfaust). I use the option with two heavy bombs. I do not know if the single bomb is better or worse for tanks as I have not used it. I just went for the highest total payload.
  • Hawxxeye
    6713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    Hawxxeye said:

@ the OP
    Perhaps it's a hack then I'm running into from time to time. I'm sure you guys would have had this happen by now or been able to do this. The guy who killed me three times in a row didn't strike me as some plane pro, he actually got mashed by our sides planes but went out of his way to take my tank out.  
    The only time that it looked like I oneshoted a tank with a pacific plane was when a friendly assault was by coincidence  sticking dynamites on the rear of that tank and my own ordinance set the explosives off along with its usual damage.
  • spychodelics
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    OP is a Tanker, seeing his stats he SEEMS to be one of the "background" tank camper,  it gets a bit more difficult, the complaining starts. 
  • SirBobdk
    4697 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    OP is a Tanker, seeing his stats he SEEMS to be one of the "background" tank camper,  it gets a bit more difficult, the complaining starts. 
    Maybe, but the question is whether a tank should be destroyed in one bomb run. I'm a pilot and dont think that I should be able to destroy a tank in one run.
    Imo Tanks have it hard enough as it is agains assualts. Destroying vehicles should always be a teams task.

• SmokeD_BabooN
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    SirBobdk said:
    Maybe, but the question is whether a tank should be destroyed in one bomb run. I'm a pilot and dont think that I should be able to destroy a tank in one run.
    Imo Tanks have it hard enough as it is agains assualts. Destroying vehicles should always be a teams task.

This question is false. Because I am a pilot and a tanker as well. The difference is I learned to fly because there are bomber pilots that kill you in one shot especially on Panzerstorm, which is an easy mode map for pilots not hard like Pacific maps. So about maps in question OP is moaning and that's the truth. He has many ways to hide, camp or retreat. Or maybe he can learn 2 fly. In my experience as a pilot, I did potato damage with all planes vs tonks, including turrets in pacific maps. Glide bomb does 80 dmg on tonks, 41 on turrets, rockets pods are really garbage as well you can obtain a max 38 damage if all rockets land on target. Vs soft targets things are even better 80 damage on a single infy. Seriously I dont get where OP comes with that.

And let's wait for December patch when tonks will be stronger vs assault. Let's nerf planes as well cause OP only knows to farm infy, right?