One Gun

WetFishDB
2121 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Opinion based question: As infantry if you could only use primary and one secondary for the rest of your time in the game, what would they be and why?

Comments

• RossP317
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Very much depends on map and even situation but I'd say the Hellriegal remains the best weapon. I main Support so it pains me to say it but I know my preference for the Huot costs me kills and deaths.

Side arm - I can't look beyond M1911.
  • WetFishDB
    2121 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RossP317 said:
    Very much depends on map and even situation but I'd say the Hellriegal remains the best weapon. I main Support so it pains me to say it but I know my preference for the Huot costs me kills and deaths.

Side arm - I can't look beyond M1911.
    I’m currently working my way to get 100 service stars with the Hellriegal, it really is a good all around gun - but I only play Assault to kill tanks really and so the Automatico was the first assault gun to get there,  So, what about the M1911 makes it your go-to side arm?
  • WetFishDB
    Forgot to say...

For me, the Federov Optical would be my primary of choice (I love the way the Degtyarev plays, but hate the way it looks).  It’s just so good all round.  Reasonable in close quarters, high enough ROF to deal with high pingers (as the odd bullet spending is less impactful than a slower ROF higher damage gun), and reasonable at range when tap firing.  Plus the magazine size and reload speed  is sufficient to deal with handle squads.

For side arm, the Auto Revolver is hard to beat.  2BK at close range can surprise many a campy assault if your aim is on point (or a little lucky).
  • GerocK-
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'll give you my loadout if I had to stick with it. If I really had to choose my loadout would be:
    • Primary: MP 18 Trench
    • Secondary: Hellfighter M1911
    • Gadget 1: Dynamite
    • Gadget 2: Anti-Tank Grenade
    • Grenade: Smoke
    I chose the MP18 Trench because I can put it to great use on every single map. I prefer to flank my enemies and with this weapon I can often kill 4 or 5 enemies with a single clip. It's just not good at longer distances, which is why I chose the Smoke Grenade. I use that to close gaps and get closer to the enemy.

I chose the Hellfighter M1911 because it's accurate while spamming (even without ADS) and has a fast reload; also partly because of its looks.

I prefer Dynamite over the Rocket Gun because I'm always very close to the enemy and I can use it to get out of a nasty situation. The Rocket Gun slows me down, makes me an easy target and tanks have plenty of time to move away and repair after a hit. I prefer to take out tanks in one blow with my Dynamite.

• WetFishDB
    GerocK- said:
    I'll give you my loadout if I had to stick with it. If I really had to choose my loadout would be:
    I chose the MP18 Trench because I can put it to great use on every single map. I prefer to flank my enemies and with this weapon I can often kill 4 or 5 enemies with a single clip. It's just not good at longer distances, which is why I chose the Smoke Grenade. I use that to close gaps and get closer to the enemy.

I chose the Hellfighter M1911 because it's accurate while spamming (even without ADS) and has a fast reload; also partly because of its looks.

I prefer Dynamite over the Rocket Gun because I'm always very close to the enemy and I can use it to get out of a nasty situation. The Rocket Gun slows me down, makes me an easy target and tanks have plenty of time to move away and repair after a hit. I prefer to take out tanks in one blow with my Dynamite.
    Good load out.  I love it when players like you are on my team as it means I can concentrate on being a medic.  I’m surprised by the MP18 Trench though.  I find it ‘average’ but not quite as flexible as something like the Hellriegel.  I wonder if that’s a platform difference perhaps.  The hipfire on the MP18 is hard to argue with though.
  • GerocK-
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    WetFishDB said:
    GerocK- said:

Good load out.  I love it when players like you are on my team as it means I can concentrate on being a medic.  I’m surprised by the MP18 Trench though.  I find it ‘average’ but not quite as flexible as something like the Hellriegel.  I wonder if that’s a platform difference perhaps.  The hipfire on the MP18 is hard to argue with though.
    I didn't really like the Hellriegel because of its hipfire and the overheating. But maybe that's because I'm just used to the MP18, I have 50 stars on that one at the moment and I don't think I really tried any other weapon before I had 30-40 stars on it.
  • RossP317
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    (Quote)
     So, what about the M1911 makes it your go-to side arm?

I'm not the most accurate of players so tend to need a full clip, emptied fast, to finish someone off!

As support my standard load out is -

Huot low weight
    M1911
    Ammo crate.
    Crossbow frag
    Incendiary grenade

• EdwinSpangler
    1809 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MP18 with bayonet, Howderrr, and dud club..

Simply cause theyre easy mode weapons..
  • WetFishDB
    MP18 with bayonet, Howderrr, and dud club..

Simply cause theyre easy mode weapons..
    Interesting.  Why the dud club?  I always kept away from it on the fact that it could go off and kill me too.
  • IM_A_BLIND_KID
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Chauchat Low Weight.

An absolute monster in every situation ( and in my opinion ) nothing can match it up close and far away.
  • MarxistDictator
    5001 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    RSC SMG Factory. I'd already use it all the time if it was available for medic or support as well. Peacekeeper disabled all my other secondaries well over a year ago now and I pretty much only use the Kukri because of the TF2 Sniper, so 2/3 of my loadouts are already the same.
  • WetFishDB
    RSC SMG Factory. I'd already use it all the time if it was available for medic or support as well. Peacekeeper disabled all my other secondaries well over a year ago now and I pretty much only use the Kukri because of the TF2 Sniper, so 2/3 of my loadouts are already the same.

Interesting. I haven’t used the RSC SMG for ages but it always felt pretty underpowered. What makes it so good in your eyes?
  • BaronVonGoon
    7007 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hmm Farquhar Hill optical and lMG08 were my top weapons. Had a lot of fun with both.alot of 70+ kill cql rounds. I miss BF1.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7007 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Are the dlc maps still being played on PS4?
  • MarxistDictator
    5001 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Interesting. I haven’t used the RSC SMG for ages but it always felt pretty underpowered. What makes it so good in your eyes?

You get the ups and downs of both SMGs and SLRs. None of the good CQB TTK SMGs have anywhere near as much range as this thing and it shares that 20m distance with the Chauchat so your minimum TTK range is literally twice that of other automatic guns except the medic SLRs. Plus it can 2 hit kill with one headshot in that distance which is not a pipe dream with good hip fire and decent control. There is plenty to work with here.

The only drawbacks are that awful reload system (should be 9 bullets every time since it's not nearly as good as the medic RSC) and the fact that missing is extremely punishing. Other than that it works well and will win most 1v1s in 50m when you get decent at it. I'd like it even more as Medic since you do so much disengaging for reloading and such as it is it'd be really nice to top up health too.
  • HuwJarz
    3994 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I love my trusty Howell Sniper. 75k kills now and still rising

Laser accurate, with a decent rate of fire and can knock down multiple enemies with one mag. Its surprisingly ok'ish at short range too..........
     I also pair it with the Autorevolver (13k kills!), see Wetfish's description) and back them up with some super annoying scrubby gas grenades (a slightly shameful 27 service stars).  

I also love to use rifle grenades to finish off my load out. Actually, I may have made that last bit up........I only have 57 kills with them and each of those made me feel very dirty........
  • WetFishDB
    Hmm Farquhar Hill optical and lMG08 were my top weapons. Had a lot of fun with both.alot of 70+ kill cql rounds. I miss BF1.

Huge fan of the FQH Optical, great choice! Just not quite as good up close and hip firing to make it my number 1. Probably would be my number 2 though.
  • WetFishDB
    Are the dlc maps still being played on PS4?

Depends on platform and region probably. There’s normally at least one or two full Mixed Conquest servers in EU on PS4.
  • WetFishDB
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    I love my trusty Howell Sniper. 75k kills now and still rising

Laser accurate, with a decent rate of fire and can knock down multiple enemies with one mag. Its surprisingly ok'ish at short range too..........
     I also pair it with the Autorevolver (13k kills!), see Wetfish's description) and back them up with some super annoying scrubby gas grenades (a slightly shameful 27 service stars).  

I also love to use rifle grenades to finish off my load out. Actually, I may have made that last bit up........I only have 57 kills with them and each of those made me feel very dirty........

I really enjoy the Howell too. It can really be spammed, which somewhat compensated for poor hip fire up close. At medium range it’s fantastic. And a huge magazine really.

Hate has grenades though. Shame on you :wink: Nearly called you out for using Rifle grenades :trollface: Are you going for a service star with those too?
  • WetFishDB

You get the ups and downs of both SMGs and SLRs. None of the good CQB TTK SMGs have anywhere near as much range as this thing and it shares that 20m distance with the Chauchat so your minimum TTK range is literally twice that of other automatic guns except the medic SLRs. Plus it can 2 hit kill with one headshot in that distance which is not a pipe dream with good hip fire and decent control. There is plenty to work with here.

The only drawbacks are that awful reload system (should be 9 bullets every time since it's not nearly as good as the medic RSC) and the fact that missing is extremely punishing. Other than that it works well and will win most 1v1s in 50m when you get decent at it. I'd like it even more as Medic since you do so much disengaging for reloading and such as it is it'd be really nice to top up health too.

It has a single fire mode right? Do you mainly use one (if so, which) or do you flip between them? Once I get the Hellriegel to 100 service stars I’m going to swap to the SMG08, but starting to wonder if this is worth a go.