One Gun

13»

Comments

  • MachoFantast1c0
    2066 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Chauchat LW would probably be my choice, it is both incredibly satisfying and highly effective. My KPM with it sucks, because I've played a lot of CQ with it. I could easily see getting 3 KPM with it in smaller modes, which I've managed only with the Howell Sniper, SMG 08 and soon with the Fedorov-Degtyarev. Howell is not as versatile as I'd like, I hate the SMG 08 but the Degtyarev would probably be my next runner-up. Whilst I love the MP-18 Trench, I think lack of self-heals puts a hard-cap on my KPM due to downtime running solo, so the Degtyarev fills that niche better. Don't care about looks, extremely controllable recoil, spamming tap fire reaches easily out to 70 meters, and hipfire is workable up-close.

    Even though these two considerations are satisfying, they get the first place due to practical effectiveness. When I put winning aside and just want to enjoy and challenge myself, I go with skill cannons like the AL8 .35, RSC, slug shotguns and infantry bolt actions. I could stick to any one of them, and the game would never go stale.

    As for sidearms, the Auto Revolver is the most efficient: high rate of fire, quick reload and more controllable recoil than the other speed-loader revolvers. Now working with the Mark IV, since I stop using weapons after 100 service stars. Most impressive revolver is the Bodeo, but the Obrez is the most satisfying. And frustrating.


  • spitfiresiemion
    510 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB said:
    WetFishDB said:
    1) Madsen Low Weight - good mix of close combat and ranged performance.
    2) Bulldog revolver - sluggish reload, but can outperform a CQC weapon in terms of damage output.
    3) Flare gun - having information is critical. 
    4) Ammo packs - matter of convenience. With flares and infinite ammo, you would become an infinite spotting machine. If not ammo, then dynamite for anti-armor/anti-building purposes
    5) Incendiary grenade - smoke comes very close in second, but incendiary has the edge due to area denial, ability to flush people out of tough angles and also being able to block view a bit on top of that
    6) Any heavy melee weapon - a single swing would be lethal if enemy got tagged with the Bulldog.
    Nice to see some original choices - and mostly one’s I haven’t used.  For melee, I love the Coup Coup - it destroys wood and barbed wire, and is still pretty heavy hitting - one auto revolver shot in close quarters and the melee should be a takedown.  

    A bit confused with the Flares and Infinite Ammo comment though.  Aren’t flares exclusive to Scout, and Ammo exclusive to Support?  Seems an odd combination to advocate.
    Well, I worked with assumption that I could make any loadout I want, regardless of how class and how utterly broken it would be. If I had to stick to Support gadgets, I would probably go for HE crossbow launcher with ammo packs - sure, frag xbow does more damage, but HE damage is more certain and, more importantly, HE grenades destroy walls. Limpet would be a close second for me.
    Ah, I see.  So you kinda went god-mode ;)

    If I have a single, god-mode setup then I think it would be...

    Primary: Federov Optical on most maps, SMG08 on Argonne and FDV
    Secondary: Auto Revolver - it’s just too awesome not to
    Gadget 1: Health Packs - to keep me in the battle more
    Gadget 2: Dynamite - on the occasions you stumble up against a squad (or tank) from behind
    Grenade: Light Anti-Tank for vehicle maps, Incendiary for Argonne and FDV (our maybe Gas but hate it so much)
    Melee: Coup Coup (heavy hitting, and cuts barbed wire and wood)

    Up close whilst a spotting flare is useful, a good headset makes footsteps relatively easy to follow anyway.  I’d prefer to quickly heal and then engage a second enemy rather than have to sit out the game for a bit.

    That's a fair pick too. Health packs certainly keep you in the fight more. Funnily enough, when I thought of flares, I primarily considered their long range usefulness (although it's good to have a choke point covered for the team). The way I did it later in game's lifespan was that I looped the flare up on a high arc to have kind of a creeping spot area and get a clue on what's happening on the whole route. Although it obviously reduced the precision when it comes to landing point.
  • WetFishDB
    2238 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB said:
    WetFishDB said:
    1) Madsen Low Weight - good mix of close combat and ranged performance.
    2) Bulldog revolver - sluggish reload, but can outperform a CQC weapon in terms of damage output.
    3) Flare gun - having information is critical. 
    4) Ammo packs - matter of convenience. With flares and infinite ammo, you would become an infinite spotting machine. If not ammo, then dynamite for anti-armor/anti-building purposes
    5) Incendiary grenade - smoke comes very close in second, but incendiary has the edge due to area denial, ability to flush people out of tough angles and also being able to block view a bit on top of that
    6) Any heavy melee weapon - a single swing would be lethal if enemy got tagged with the Bulldog.
    Nice to see some original choices - and mostly one’s I haven’t used.  For melee, I love the Coup Coup - it destroys wood and barbed wire, and is still pretty heavy hitting - one auto revolver shot in close quarters and the melee should be a takedown.  

    A bit confused with the Flares and Infinite Ammo comment though.  Aren’t flares exclusive to Scout, and Ammo exclusive to Support?  Seems an odd combination to advocate.
    Well, I worked with assumption that I could make any loadout I want, regardless of how class and how utterly broken it would be. If I had to stick to Support gadgets, I would probably go for HE crossbow launcher with ammo packs - sure, frag xbow does more damage, but HE damage is more certain and, more importantly, HE grenades destroy walls. Limpet would be a close second for me.
    Ah, I see.  So you kinda went god-mode ;)

    If I have a single, god-mode setup then I think it would be...

    Primary: Federov Optical on most maps, SMG08 on Argonne and FDV
    Secondary: Auto Revolver - it’s just too awesome not to
    Gadget 1: Health Packs - to keep me in the battle more
    Gadget 2: Dynamite - on the occasions you stumble up against a squad (or tank) from behind
    Grenade: Light Anti-Tank for vehicle maps, Incendiary for Argonne and FDV (our maybe Gas but hate it so much)
    Melee: Coup Coup (heavy hitting, and cuts barbed wire and wood)

    Up close whilst a spotting flare is useful, a good headset makes footsteps relatively easy to follow anyway.  I’d prefer to quickly heal and then engage a second enemy rather than have to sit out the game for a bit.

    That's a fair pick too. Health packs certainly keep you in the fight more. Funnily enough, when I thought of flares, I primarily considered their long range usefulness (although it's good to have a choke point covered for the team). The way I did it later in game's lifespan was that I looped the flare up on a high arc to have kind of a creeping spot area and get a clue on what's happening on the whole route. Although it obviously reduced the precision when it comes to landing point.
    I don’t know if you play more Ops, where I think that would be way more effective due to the more limited approach angles, and generally more contested engagements?  

    I tend to play Conquest, and I’m needlessly aggressive (if I’d just slow down a little I’d probably do way better).  I’m almost always either attacking or defending a flag, and often against a Zerg.  That puts me front and centre, and right into the thick of it.  In that scenario a spotting flare is useful, but most of the concentration for me is on sounds, trying to manage angles, and reactions etc.
  • WetFishDB
    2238 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Chauchat LW would probably be my choice, it is both incredibly satisfying and highly effective. My KPM with it sucks, because I've played a lot of CQ with it. I could easily see getting 3 KPM with it in smaller modes, which I've managed only with the Howell Sniper, SMG 08 and soon with the Fedorov-Degtyarev. Howell is not as versatile as I'd like, I hate the SMG 08 but the Degtyarev would probably be my next runner-up. Whilst I love the MP-18 Trench, I think lack of self-heals puts a hard-cap on my KPM due to downtime running solo, so the Degtyarev fills that niche better. Don't care about looks, extremely controllable recoil, spamming tap fire reaches easily out to 70 meters, and hipfire is workable up-close.

    Even though these two considerations are satisfying, they get the first place due to practical effectiveness. When I put winning aside and just want to enjoy and challenge myself, I go with skill cannons like the AL8 .35, RSC, slug shotguns and infantry bolt actions. I could stick to any one of them, and the game would never go stale.

    As for sidearms, the Auto Revolver is the most efficient: high rate of fire, quick reload and more controllable recoil than the other speed-loader revolvers. Now working with the Mark IV, since I stop using weapons after 100 service stars. Most impressive revolver is the Bodeo, but the Obrez is the most satisfying. And frustrating.


    I don’t play much support really, well, not unless trying to take down a plane mostly, but I do here the Chauchat is very good. I actually love the Howell, great for mid-long range maps as its very accurate and very fast firing with a decent 3BK range.  I agree about the Dagtyarev, but just can’t get over how naff it looks.  Really could do with some sleek skins.

    The AL8 .35 is still, just, my most used gun.  Almost nothing comes close when it comes to 1v1 engagements.  But it’s tough to use aggressively against a Zerg.  Too much reloading required. 

    And huge congrats on the 100 service stars with the Auto Revolver.  I’m no where near and its by far my most used secondary.
  • spitfiresiemion
    510 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB said:
    I don’t know if you play more Ops, where I think that would be way more effective due to the more limited approach angles, and generally more contested engagements?  

    I tend to play Conquest, and I’m needlessly aggressive (if I’d just slow down a little I’d probably do way better).  I’m almost always either attacking or defending a flag, and often against a Zerg.  That puts me front and centre, and right into the thick of it.  In that scenario a spotting flare is useful, but most of the concentration for me is on sounds, trying to manage angles, and reactions etc.
    I'm actually primarily a Conquest player, with Domination as #2. I would usually go on my own adventures too, but with an approach that probably wouldn't qualify as very fast. My flare usage was more about figuring out the way ahead than gathering info when already in CQC. Especially seeing as, out of necessity, my primary weapon for Scout would be something mid-ranged.

    Issue with flares on Ops is that Ops is also full of smoke grenades, which nullify the flare. Well, and I rarely ever played Scout in Ops.
  • MarxistDictator
    5072 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Smoke only covers people from being flare spotted in the smoke, the range of a spot flare is massive compared to even 3 or 4 smoke grenades spaced out. In Operations you can easily get 300 points or more a flare, more if your team is dominating. They have a long time to live on the map and will spot tons of players in the reduced zone. They also obstruct visibility and can burn enemies. Almost too useful in Operations, and the static frontlines means they are up all the time. Inconspicuous is one of the most important specs to me because of flares being everywhere in operations.
  • disposalist
    8768 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Can't do it. For me, if I couldn't change weapon/class, I probably wouldn't play.

    If I *had* to choose, it would be an iron sight rifle, but only for authenticity's sake and only if everyone else had to use one too.
  • the_yakuza17
    185 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm mostly a support/medic player. My one primary would be the IMG 08/18 Low Weight - 100 round mag, melts in CQB, can tap fire for mid-range, and use the bipod for longer ranges. For support, it's the best all around LMG, in my opinion. 

    Side note: I've been using the General Liu Rifle Factory as a medic a lot recently and the two fire modes really makes it versatile. I can only imagine the rage and shock when a scout player gets one hit killed at range by a medic when you use the bolt action fire mode of the General Liu! 
  • MogwaiWarrior
    967 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Autoloading .35 Marksman
    Autorevolver

    Primary is deadly at mid and long range. I can also beat people in close quarters if I can react quick enough.
    Secondary is deadly at short range.

  • MogwaiWarrior
    967 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hmm Farquhar Hill optical and lMG08 were my top weapons. Had a lot of fun with both.alot of 70+ kill cql rounds. I miss BF1.
    I don't miss BF1 at all. I play it every weekend. You can too.
  • ElliotLH
    9023 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    I don't miss BF1 at all. I play it every weekend. You can too.

    Been meaning to go back myself. Thanks for the reminder :)
  • MogwaiWarrior
    967 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    (Quote)
    I don't miss BF1 at all. I play it every weekend. You can too.

    Been meaning to go back myself. Thanks for the reminder :)
    It's strange how much of a difference playing Breakthrough (Operations in BF1) in BFV vs. BF1. I was playing on Pacific Storm as a Defender, full server, right in the action, if you want to call it that, and it was weird how quiet it was compared to the all out chaos of BF1. Talk about boring.
  • ElliotLH
    9023 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    It's strange how much of a difference playing Breakthrough (Operations in BF1) in BFV vs. BF1. I was playing on Pacific Storm as a Defender, full server, right in the action, if you want to call it that, and it was weird how quiet it was compared to the all out chaos of BF1. Talk about boring.

    For sure. I can't quite put my finger on it but BF1 Ops is just so much more chaotic and the atmosphere feels better too.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    967 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    (Quote)
    It's strange how much of a difference playing Breakthrough (Operations in BF1) in BFV vs. BF1. I was playing on Pacific Storm as a Defender, full server, right in the action, if you want to call it that, and it was weird how quiet it was compared to the all out chaos of BF1. Talk about boring.

    For sure. I can't quite put my finger on it but BF1 Ops is just so much more chaotic and the atmosphere feels better too.

    BF1 is just on another level. Not sure how DICE went backwards with BFV? Would have been easy just to copy/paste BF1 into a WW2 game. I would have been happy with that. Not sure why DICE wants to reinvent the wheel with every new BF game?
  • ashar_saleem121
    1270 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It really depends on what kind of mood Im in. If Im going full sweaty tryhard, Federov Optical. No problem. Whenever someone in the game gets on my nerves, time to put down the 1906 and pick up the Federov to teach them a lesson. But it just feels dirty to use most of the time. Only in extreme circumstances.

    The most fun I have in this game is using the 8.35 Marksman. 77 stars and still feels so satisfying to outgun assault players using Hellriegels. Really emasculate them.

    Sidearm is the Autorevolver no question. It's too good not to use.
  • WetFishDB
    2238 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Autoloading .35 Marksman
    Autorevolver

    Primary is deadly at mid and long range. I can also beat people in close quarters if I can react quick enough.
    Secondary is deadly at short range.

    Classic choices. Those are still, just, my most used primary and secondary. For one on one there really isn’t much better. Not great for killing squads though unfortunately.
Sign In or Register to comment.