TTK Megathread : Firestorm Discussion.

LOLGotYerTags
13700 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
Feel free to post in here regarding the TTK changes coming to Battlefield V in patch 5.2.

Comments

• rokzar
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Considering that it will take 1-2 bullets more to kill someone in normal multiplayer, then this means it will take atleast 3-6 more bullets to kill someone with heavy armor? Am i wrong? Come on Oscar!
  • TheFieryHotSauce
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, if the STG is going to require 10 bullets to kill in the normal base game at ranges of 100m+ then we may see more Apex Legends style fights where people need to reload or weapon switch before being able to finish kills.

I think these changes will change the meta into a more close-range-rush based playstyle, similar to Blackout, as long-range fights won't be doing enough damage to finish the kill. 
  • LedHead_NZ
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So just saw patch notes. My fav gun fg-42 will now take 13 bullets to kill at range in the base game. Convert that to firestorm and will take 39 bullets to kill someone at range who has heavy armor.  39!! how can that be right, the thing has a  3 x scope on it but is only effective under 15meters???? wtf
  • TheFieryHotSauce
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Firestorm is a mess now, automatic weapons have insane drop off at range. It honestly isn't worth engaging enemies unless you have a sniper, or can close the distance to spray them down with a Suomi/Thompson. 
  • jroggs
    1089 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Even at point-blank range, weapons that used to need 12 bullets to kill a 300-health player now require 15-18. It's absolute madness.

I'd say it ruins the mode, but really the unchecked teamer problem and total lack of support already did that.
  • JamieCurnock
    699 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 3
    Hahahaha. The teaming in solo firestorm is insane!! Completely game breaking. Thought it might be a bit less 'teamy' on Xbox but nope!

I've not played it in months, thought I'd have a go. Really enjoyed it and then ended up with 5 of us, the 3 people teaming killed me so I spectated them. They were too scared to even rush the 1 player left on his own so they just kind of threw every explosive they had at him until he died. They were literally cowering behind cover while firing their rockets/airstrikes etc.

Shame as I have was loving it until then, totally put off now
  • ragnarok013
    3614 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @JamieCurnock stay on topic this is about the TTK not about teaming in solos.
  • h1nduku5h_x
    14 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 8
    with the current TTK i'd like to see an armor nerf.
  • JamieCurnock
    699 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @JamieCurnock stay on topic this is about the TTK not about teaming in solos.

Sorry, my bad. Saw the thread topic of firestorm and must have missed the ttk part.

Ttk wasn't that bad imo, I've not played firestorm for ages and it didn't feel that much longer to how I remember it being.

Won't be playing it again anywaythough so not too fussed tbh.